“The place to go!”

Ranked #9 of 20 Shopping in Port Townsend
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Joe Euro is a gentleman and a scholar. He is an insanely talented musician, plus he has a plethora of knowledge about wine and foods.

We were trying to shop local, set aside time for that. We have foodie friends, and they are out of our league. I had a fine porcelain Saki set, and Aldrich's/Maxwell Bean was doing gift baskets. We went there, they ignored us upstairs, they refused us help downstairs, and we walk with our wallets. We were willing to spend good money, but there is a general feeling of entitlement in this town that didn't used to be there, people feeling they are superior and come across rude for no reason, having never traveled. I lived in Europe, I can muscle my way around wines and ales, but I just plain don't know sushi and Saki well, and wanted help. I know our friends had been in the Wine Seller and stared at the Saki's in amazement for price and quality, but we didn't know which one.

Now, we have a MEAGER budget, and Joe Euro and his staff treat us like Royalty as if we had the big bucks, so we are loyal. I know he knows sushi, so we went there for suggestions. For a meager sale for him, with our wineaux discount, he sold us a saki that was only $6 and suggested foods to get at the Co-Op. He doesn't have to offer this, but he does, as a service. We made a beautiful basket, as shown. A friend overheard my idea, and liked it so much we are doing it for a white elephant gift exchange as well; a saki set for one in yet another porcelain containers I had, and bought that from him.

Be ye a Prince or Pauper; free gallery walker or fine dining experience expert, with all the bad service out there, don't waste your time, come to the Wine Seller

1  Thank Lisa W