“we loved it”

Silverwater Cafe
Price range: US$0 - US$35
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: David and Alison have owned the Silverwater Cafe since its opening in 1989. They have built the restaurant on the idea that bringing people together to enjoy good food, good wine and great friends is one of the most important things in life; and the desire to be a thriving addition to this lovely community of Port Townsend that we call home.We believe in quality and strive to continually perfect our craft. We at the Silverwater Cafe invite you in for a moment of casual elegance where you can feel at home with your kids, family and friends.
Reviewed 27 April 2012

my girlfriend and I wanted to eat at all the local restaurants in 4 days however we kept going back to the silverwater so we failed in eating at all the restaurants but I don't feel too bad about that. :)

Reviewed 16 April 2012

Food is always great but the Sunday Brunch is fabulous. Don't miss the Raspberry Marscapone stuffed French Toast, rolled in corn flakes and fried! OMG! We order one for a table of four and call it an appetizer. Great lunches and dinners but plan on a leisurely dining experience.

Reviewed 26 March 2012

Nice place, exceptional food, friendly service. We had the blackberry pie for dessert - out of this world!

Reviewed 22 March 2012

We love the all you can eat spaghetti night!!!!! Last night we went to the Silverwater to find a "More than all you can eat" option for the spaghetti dinner........with added garlic bread, sausage and arrancinis (for the first course). We stuck to our tried and true all you can eat spaghetti with house bread and delicious lemonade. The service was wonderful.....so friendly and warm. It is fun to see the "regulars".........two women friends, a Dad and his little boy, a large group including families with teen-agers. A really great scene!!! Thank you to our servers!!!!!

Reviewed 7 March 2012

Myself and a group of 9 people ate in the lounge at the Silverwater after reading about the daily specials in the local paper. On Wednesdays the special
is all you can eat spaghetti and I decided to give it a whirl. One other person in our group also had the special. When the entree arrived the portion was so small as to be astonishing. Now granted this is all you can eat, but the logistics of pulling that off is troublesome when the restaurant is packed...
Both of us however did order more and amazingly the second round was even smaller, but the funny part was the noodles looked like they had been
broken into 2" pieces on both plates.....I'm not sure I could serve something like this and keep a straight face.
Generally, as a local, I avoid the Silverwater because of price and nasty surprises like this. This only cements my notion that this establishment is
made for tourists and not local residents. Eating across the street at 'The Fountain Cafe' is a much wiser and satisfying choice.
I love the ambiance of this place....but it falls far short as a diner friendly place to be, at least for me. And BTW, I don't care how inexpensive the entree was if it looks like it came from a can of Chef Boyardee why bother?

Greg