“Good fish and chips”

Silverwater Cafe
Price range: US$0 - US$35
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: David and Alison have owned the Silverwater Cafe since its opening in 1989. They have built the restaurant on the idea that bringing people together to enjoy good food, good wine and great friends is one of the most important things in life; and the desire to be a thriving addition to this lovely community of Port Townsend that we call home.We believe in quality and strive to continually perfect our craft. We at the Silverwater Cafe invite you in for a moment of casual elegance where you can feel at home with your kids, family and friends.
Portland, OR
“Good fish and chips”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This spot was recommended by the locals especially for fish. We had a quick lunch sharing the fish and chips. The fish had a crispy coating with great flavor. The only disappointment was the cole slaw... Needs more flavor.

Visited May 2014

Portland, Oregon
“New chef is good too”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My spouse and I eat here all the time. Last night I had the etoufee which was on the specials menu. I'm from the South, adore etoufee and all I can say is that the chef must have paid attention in class! It was excellent with a lot of meat and shrimp. I added Tobasco for more kick and loved it all the more.
Some servers are better than others and tonight we had a very good one. It is difficult to pass up on the pies because the owner bakes them and they are superb----truly homemade. Love this place, love the ambiance, even love the music they play. Great people watching place. We eat out a lot and this is our go-to place when we just want to relax and have a good dinner after a long day.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Packolies
Seattle, Washington
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

A friend and I came here for dinner and the menu sounded wonderful. I ordered the halibut saltimbocca and she had fish and chips. Mine was so dry, that for the first time in my life, I sent a dinner back. A replacement came quickly, and even though it was not dry, it wasn't really very good. My friend said that her fish was very overcooked as well. Although our waitress was very nice, the service was spotty, and in general, it took a long time for everything. The house wine was reasonably priced, though slow in arriving.

• Visited May 2014
Pittsburgh
“Excellent meal in Port Townsend”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Stopped for a late dinner and the service and atmosphere was excellent as was the food and wine. Would recommend and return.

• Visited April 2014
Vancouver, Washington
“Great food, service and ambiance”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The Silverwater Cafe is a nice place for a good meal in Port Townsend. It is located one block off the main street right next to the Rose theater. I had the crab raviolis and a ceasar salad which were booth excellent. The service is professional and the decor very nice.

Visited April 2014