“Outstanding small restaurant”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Bellevue, Washington
“Outstanding small restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

Although this is a rather small restaurant in an area where there several other places close by, this one stands out for its outstanding service and cute decor. The menu is somewhat limited, however they will make modifications to entrees if you have dietary or personal issues that need to be addressed. We had an outstanding meal, my wife asking that they reduce the amount of garlic used in a seafood entree; I needed a soft, easy to chew entree due to some recent oral surgery. Both entrees were delicious. And the service was great. We will have to return next time we are in Port Townsend!

1 Thank Alan F

Austin, Texas
“Very good service and food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

The Fountain Cafe is a very small restaurant (more than a "cafe" in my mind) very conveniently located in the waterfront section of Port Townsend. We ate there on a night when the place was full and were very pleased with the quality if both the food and service. The pan fried oysters starter was excellent. The Cioppino had a very good selection if local seafood in a naively seasoned tomato base. The assortment of craft beer was small, but interesting. In summary, the Fountain is highly recommended.

Bothell, Washington
“Wonderful Dinner Experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

While in Port Townsend for a couple of days my wife and I were trying local eateries looking for good dining experiences. The Fountain Café came through with flying colors. We were there for a late Monday dinner and we both opted for a New York steak listed on their Specials board. Both steaks were cooked perfectly and tasty as could be, complimented by wonderful sides of garlic mashed potatoes and mixed vegetables. The restaurant itself is small and cozy, but comfortable and inviting. The service was attentive when needed, but allowing us the chance to enjoy the meal and the ambiance. I was pleased to see Port on the dessert menu, opting for that while my wife chose their gingerbread cake, which she shared with me and was delicious. The Fountain Café is a certain "Must Eat" on our next Port Townsend visit.

“Food to Die for”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

I have traveled all over this great nation and I have to say I have NEVER had a better fettuccine then I have had at the fountain. Such a quaint feeling in its small size, makes you feel at home. Great place to eat...

Visited October 2013
1 Thank ELOY G
Bellevue, WA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our favorite place to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

We have been coming to The Fountain Cafe for years and it continues to be our favorite place. Really great fresh food and not too pricey. We can walk there from A Bungalow, so don't have to deal with parking. Go early though, as there are only a few tables!

Visited March 2014