“Interesting and tasty but pricey”
Review of The Fountain Cafe

The Fountain Cafe
Price range: US$8 - US$17
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We had not read any reviews but just stumbled upon The Fountain. Almost got up to leave because we thought the prices were too high, but we stayed and am glad we did. It is a tiny place with lovely ambiance. I loved the Moroccan chicken and my companion loved a dish with chicken and gorgonzola. Service was just lovely too. It is the kind of place to go for special times, not a quick cheap lunch affair.

There are newer reviews for The Fountain Cafe

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We probably go to the fountain weekly as it is our favorite place in town. The staff are lovely. Very friendly and helpful. Children are welcome and the menu can accommodate even the pickiest child. Flavor profiles are beautiful, with the mushroom risotto being my favorite dish but I also love many others. The warm gingerbread is a must have as well. We have had company parties here and take all of our guests. The wine list is good but they will also let you bring a special bottle if you wish. All in all it's a gem in our small town.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Was with a large (well, about 12 people - the restaurant is not very big) family group. Our waiter was amazing, took such great care. I loved the Moroccan chicken and my girls really annoyed the pesto. Others liked a Scotch salmon dish, etc - all were very happy with their meals. Desserts were divine as well, especially the gingerbread and the key lime pie. My cousin's son loved their tiramisu. Very professional all around, but a warm welcoming place. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Was advised to try this place out by the desk guy at our motel. So little and weird looking we almost walked by, but so glad we didn't! I ate the Moroccan Chicken & my companion ate the Chipotle prawns. Both meals were fantastic and the service was amazing!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We had dinner at this charming restaurant-lette back in April 2014. It's a bit pricy, and the food was and service are good, but not all that (for the money). I had a steak and coconut shrimp special, and the only thing on the plate that would make me go back is the delicious red carrots. So if you want to pay for ambiance and vegetarian fare, this might be a place to check out. I would return if I could get just a serving of those carrots!