“Local & Natural: Exquisite dining for discerning pallet.”
Review of The Fountain Cafe

The Fountain Cafe
Price range: US$8 - US$17
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I selected the tomato-saffron cioppino as this is my favorite seafood/restaurant choice. Was exquisite and I have decided THIS was BEST I’ve ever had. Friend had the Scotch fettuccine & loved it.
I say unique - as in addition to local favorites, unusual salads, tempting pastas and other great cuisine, there were frog leg appetizers, wild boar sausage and elk on the menu. Not sure where these are obtained locally, yet think I'll be adventurous next time we dine. The prices are a bit higher than noted. My cioppino was $26. Great Wine selection and pairing too. Outstanding desert selections. Can't see how anyone could go wrong at Fountain Cafe !!

There are newer reviews for The Fountain Cafe

Reviewed 2 July 2014

The cioppino was outstanding as well. A good value. We made it in without reservations but the place filled up quickly.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We had not read any reviews but just stumbled upon The Fountain. Almost got up to leave because we thought the prices were too high, but we stayed and am glad we did. It is a tiny place with lovely ambiance. I loved the Moroccan chicken and my companion loved a dish with chicken and gorgonzola. Service was just lovely too. It is the kind of place to go for special times, not a quick cheap lunch affair.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We probably go to the fountain weekly as it is our favorite place in town. The staff are lovely. Very friendly and helpful. Children are welcome and the menu can accommodate even the pickiest child. Flavor profiles are beautiful, with the mushroom risotto being my favorite dish but I also love many others. The warm gingerbread is a must have as well. We have had company parties here and take all of our guests. The wine list is good but they will also let you bring a special bottle if you wish. All in all it's a gem in our small town.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Was with a large (well, about 12 people - the restaurant is not very big) family group. Our waiter was amazing, took such great care. I loved the Moroccan chicken and my girls really annoyed the pesto. Others liked a Scotch salmon dish, etc - all were very happy with their meals. Desserts were divine as well, especially the gingerbread and the key lime pie. My cousin's son loved their tiramisu. Very professional all around, but a warm welcoming place. Highly recommended.