“One of the Best in Port Townsend”
Review of Lanza's Ristorante

Lanza's Ristorante
Ranked #15 of 102 Restaurants in Port Townsend
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I've been to Port Townsend many times but never tried Lanzas. Everyone in our dining party was in the mood for Italian so we agreed on Lanzas and were not disappointed. My ONLY complaint was that the restaurant was very hot inside...way too hot. I'm guessing that this usually not a problem in WA though.

Everyone had a fantastic meal. I had the chicken marsala, which was probably the best chicken marsala I have ever had. Service was very nice and accommodating since we had a very young baby with us. Food arrived pretty quickly. Nice atmosphere with live piano music. We had a table in the center of the restaurant but had no problem with noise, and the room was very crowded.

Highly recommended if you are in Port Townsend but I would go early or late.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Tasty food, reasonable prices, friendly service.
Service a bit slow, noisy..forget conversation.
Nothing to write home about.

3  Thank oregonoma4
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Lanza's was an excellent meal. Great service and service! This charming town has a first class restaurant.

1  Thank Fourpeopletraveling
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I have eaten at Lanza's four or five times, and each time I come away greatly impressed with the wonderful food and great service. I had a relative and school classmate from many years ago come visit in Port Townsend in late August, and we wanted to go to a local restaurant. We made reservations at Lanza's, but that evening, a Wednesday, the reservation would not have been needed. I have come in on other evenings, when no seats were available, so reservations are a good idea. As noted in another recent review, the angel hair pomodoro that I ordered was really good - I ordered the small plate, but it was still more than I could eat. All the people in our group of five commented on how great the food was. My appetizer - the Tomato Salad & Baguettes - was wonderful.

2  Thank AshesToProveIt
Reviewed 26 August 2013

OMG, this restaurant has the most amazing chef!! I have eaten at A LOT of Italian restaurants over the years, most recently one back East, and no one's food comes close to Lanza's! I also treated my family (from Walnut Creek, CA) to dinner at Lanza's a few weeks ago -- I knew I had to "hit the nail on the head" since that was the only dinner out we would have in Port Townsend -- and I knew there was no other place to go than Lanza's Ristorante! They are STILL talking about how wonderful their meal was (salmon, salad, and great wine).

My favorite meal is the angel hair pomodoro, and I always ask for a side of meatballs, which absolutely melt in your mouth. I don't usually say that about meatballs, but the flavor of that meal -- the balance of the light pasta, the fresh tomatoes, and the juiciness of the meatballs, which are seasoned just right, is SUPERB. Just for fun (I thought), I ordered exactly the same meal at another Italian restaurant in Massachusetts (that had won awards), and their food didn't even come close to Lanza's: the pasta was gummy, the sauce was watery, and the meatballs were dry and flavorless. Yuck. The other restaurant also didn't have anything original for desserts, whereas Lanza's has a variety of sweet things to enjoy after your meal, if you have room! My favorites are the cheesecake and the canoli. Lanza's has the BEST tiramisu, too (I didn't like tiramisu until I had it at Lanza's). Gloria's Italian Wedding Cake (a specialty item) is also a melt-in-your mouth experience -- perfect with a cup of a coffee, and the slices are very generous, so sharing is highly recommended.

For the price, the warm and inviting atmosphere, the friendly wait staff, and the most amazing chef, I would highly recommend Lanza's to anyone who visits Port Townsend. It's not a visit to PT if you don't go to Lanza's! That would be like going to Paris and not visiting the Eiffel Tower.

2  Thank Genet S