“Good Food & Decor - but the Service wasn't so Good”
Review of Lanza's Ristorante

Lanza's Ristorante
Ranked #20 of 96 Restaurants in Port Townsend
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Portland Oregon
“Good Food & Decor - but the Service wasn't so Good”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The place is nice - nice colors, nice smells, nice wine list and nice menu.
Food tasted good too. My wife had a chicken dish, I had shrimp.

Price was ok - about typical of Seattle prices (which seems a bit expensive for Pt. Townsend).

The service was the worst. I mean bad!

The service started out great, but once our order was taken, it was like we were not there... 20 minutes to bring us our salads... another 20 minutes to bring us our dinners.

I could not get anyone to get me our bill - until I asked, and then it took 15 minutes for my waiter to take my credit card to the cash register. I am not kidding. I wondered if they'd even notice if we just walked out without paying.

BTW - the place was not all that busy. I think the cook is good, but the wait staff needs training. Did I mention training?

I'd go back, but would not stay unless we had an "agreement" with our waiter.
These types of waits are not fun - at all!

• Visited July 2014

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Delicious from start to finish”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We had some of the best warm garlic rolls I've ever tasted and outstanding minestrone, followed by delicious pasta meals and lemon cheesecake. The setting is appealing and the service friendly and efficient. We were happy that our Ravenscroft owner Dave highly recommended Lanza's.

• Visited July 2014
Port Ludlow, Washington
“Best Italian restaurant in Port Townsend”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We've eaten at Lanza's often - this time we were there for the Calabrian Salad and Pizza. As usual, the service was impeccable, the atmosphere warm and welcoming and the food excellent. THe not too thin pizza crust was perfect, slightly crunchy but chewed, the cheese and the add ons (kalamata olives, fresh tomatoes, and peppers) were perfect. The Calabrian salad, included salami, garbanzos, red onion, bell pepper, olives and romaine lettuce with a complementary house made dressing, and was larGe enough for us to share. While today was just for Pizza, we've enjoyed many of Lanza's other entrees in the past, and they usually outdo themselves in this wonderful family owned restaurant.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Bill H
Seattle
“Good food, nice atmosphere”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We had supper here on a cold, windy weekday in April and the food and atmosphere warmed us immediately. The staff was friendly and helpful. Though it was a Thursday evening, the restaurant filled quickly. We were glad we got in without a reservation.

• Visited April 2014
“Old style average”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

The ambience at Lanzas is simple old fashioned Italian minus the plastic grapes and Chianti bottles with candles. There is a piano player and the service is good. The food, however is average in every way. I had spaghetti with meat balls. The tomato sauce was acidic and the meat balls were best described as meat by-product balls. The salad was underwhelming. All in all, the price seemed reasonable given the quality of the food.

3 Thank AngusDad