“Wonderful Staff!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port Townsend
The Waterstreet Hotel
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Port Townsend
Reviewed 21 October 2011

We loved the spacious Victorian room, and especially appreciated the kindness and helpfulness of the staff. The walk up the stairs was rewarded amply by the ambiance and we were able to view the water from our room, and the full moon on the water from the outdoor deck/balcony available to all residents. The WIFi worked great as well. We had a problem with a broken window in the car at the beginning of the trip, and the staff helped us call window contractors, etc. They also graciously let us store our stuff in the office. The location is perfect, on the water, and close to all the downtown shopping. Definitely would stay there again.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 6, which was perfect for us. This was a room with a private bath, and a partial w...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank rmpate

Reviewed 5 August 2011

We happened upon the Waterstreet Hotel while looking for accommodations in Port Townsend.
We feel very lucky. The atmosphere was extremely relaxing...just what we needed. I had remarked that if they had WiFi I'd be in good shape, and behold they had WiFi!
Other nice touches that you won't see "on-line" is morning coffee and cable TV.
Could not have asked for more.
A very unique place...furniture is well used and so you don't feel like you can't kick back...beds were comfortable and linens were clean.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
8  Thank terrymarie
Reviewed 27 July 2011

I found the majority of the reviews posted to be spot on. My husband and I were in Port Townsend for a weekend holiday. I found the Waterstreet Hotel online and, based on the reviews, made a reservation. Our room was lovely and clean. Yes, it is true that updates would be nice, however, not necessary. We stayed in Room 8A which did not have a private bath, however, there are 2 baths for every 5 rooms and our shared bath was right across the hall from our room. The building itself is kept clean and tidy as are the rooms. We enjoyed looking in to the vacant rooms as the doors remain open if the room has not been reserved or occupied. The building and rooms keep up with the Victorian aura of the town and is right in the middle of Water Street which is the main street for shopping and dining. No need for a car as everything is within walking distance, including the Ferry Docks. The view is amazing.
The one draw back mentioned in the other reviews that I would agree with is the temperment of the owner/inn keeper, Mary. When I initially called to make the reservation, around 8:50 p.m. I was asked by her to call back in the morning after 10:00 (it appeared I had woken her up). When I called the next morning she recalled my call by stating "oh, you are the one that called me in the middle of the night". When I booked our room I asked for a confirmation number and she stated that our room number would be our confirmation number. When I asked if she would be able to send me confirmation via e-mail she responded that they did not have a computer. I nervously took a chance and booked the room and am happy that I did so, however, Mary could stand for some customer service training. Sadly, I almost didn't book based on her rudeness with our first two conversations. I was happy to see that she was much more plesant in person and had some helpful dining recomendations.
The Waterstreet Hotel, you could say, is a diamond in the rough. I would encourage you give it a go.

Room Tip: If getting a room with a shared bath, ask for one no less than one door away from your room.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Ambrose1999
Reviewed 25 March 2011

The staff was very friendly and welcoming, and allowed us to check in early. The room we stayed in had a queen bed and private bathroom. It was a simple room with historic charm. The tall ceilings and windows were really neat, and the decorations were few but pleasant. The inside of the hotel is quite unique with long staircases and lots of old fashioned wood trim. The prices was very affordable and the location was great - right on the main shopping district. If ever in Port Townshend again, we will definitely stay here.

• Stayed: March 2011
4  Thank tdmerc
Reviewed 24 March 2011

I had called at the end of Feb. to reserve 4 rooms, one for my spouse and I, and the others for three other couples. The reservation date was Mar. 26, 2011. The purpose of our visit was a surprise 50th birthday get together for my husband. I spoke with Mary, reserving each room under the individual couples that would be staying. About 2 weeks later, I called and upgraded our room to suite 16 so we would all have someplace to relax after dinner and drinks, I was not asked anything about the other reservations, nor did I mention them.
Luckily I called today (Mar. 23, 2011) to ask Mary to allow the other guests into our room to decorate before we arrived... Apparently when I upgraded our room, she had cancelled ALL the other reservations, AND apparently she didn't have my phone number so she couldn't confirm that I wanted to cancel everything (though she miraculously called me this afternoon and my number is also listed in the phone book) AND, funny enough, all the rooms had been taken by people who were staying 2 nights instead of just ONE....
Yes, she was begrudgingly apologetic, but that was negated by the fact that she suggested I call some of the other area hotels to try and reserve another 4 rooms....This was not my mistake, which I told her, and I should not have had to call anyone!!.....When one of the other guests called her to express her displeasure, Mary actually tried to tell her that I had cancelled all the rooms!! I think the most upsetting thing was that if I hadn't called out of the blue, the other guests would've showed up there expecting to have a place to stay for the evening, only to find they were out of luck...and who knows if there would've been other lodging available in the area by that time!!
Needless to say, 2 hours later she seemed to find my phone number because she called me to tell me that the Harborview Inn had rooms available...by then I had already reserved rooms at a different hotel...and got confirmation numbers.
My suggestion would be to get a confirmation number if you deal with Mary, and call a few days ahead to make sure you still have a reservation. I will never stay at this place, and I will definitely share this experience with all my friends and family.

Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
11  Thank playergnslngr
Reviewed 14 February 2011

What a view is right! My wife and I won the Holiday Getaway drawing and I decided to use it during the weekend before Valentine's. We were able to get the mini-suite room19. It was fabulous with 7 large windows with views of downtown, mountains, and the water. The staff was wonderful and helpful. As for noise, the bar is no longer there so that is not an issue. We had a great nights sleep. This has now become our new favorite place. Even though we did not have to pay this time because we won the contest we will definelty come again.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dtoman
Reviewed 27 October 2010

My family stayed at the Water Street Hotel this past August and really enjoyed ourselves. We stayed room 16, which although a little on the spare side worked great for a 3 day getaway. This Hotel has great character and the entire staff were really warm and helpful. You can't beat the price! The only thing I would have changed is the beds. The mattresses are in true need of being replaced. Very lumpy and lopsided. Hopefully the other rooms have newer mattresses.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family