The Waterstreet Hotel
Aladdin Motor Inn(Port Townsend)
US$105
Orbitz.com
US$133
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Bishop Victorian Hotel(Port Townsend)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Swan Hotel(Port Townsend)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewswater street hotelshared bathfaced the streetoff seasonrooms are spaciouslarge windowsup stairsno elevatorin towncharming placemain partfront desk clerkwhale watchinggas fireplacehistoric buildingno air conditioningthe ground floor
Reviewed 26 March 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed here and enjoyed it overall. It was even cheaper than the hostel in town, plus in an excellent location. The walls were thin, but it wasn't too noisy. I liked the character of the place.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank MTMags
Reviewed 6 January 2008

Had a nice overnight stay at the Waterstreet Hotel early in January. Looked at the hotel website and printed a discount coupon for our room. Price, including tax, was $43.06. As it is the off-season, there were plenty of rooms available all over town, but I doubt any were this reasonable. The decor was fine by me, as I like old-fashioned but fun furnishings. Not stuffy, but comfortable. True, there are air drafts around the windows, but this is an 1889 building! I found the bathrooms clean and the stairs gave me some exercise. It wasn't noisy the night we stayed, on the 2nd floor. The lady at the front desk was very nice, and we enjoyed the hotel. Hubqueen.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hubqueen
Reviewed 22 September 2007

My brother & I needed a place to stay and the reviews here looked good, so we dropped in for a night. Unfortunately, we found out then that the only rooms with a view are called the Waterview Suites ($135 in Sept 07), but they were a little too high for our budget. The only other room with 2 beds had no view, which is one of the two things we wanted (2 beds & a view). We also found the front desk help to be a downright nasty woman. It wasn't busy at all, but she clearly was not interested in even answering our questions except with insults to my intelligence, as if my questions were stupid. There's no way I'll stay at a place that treats me badly cuz it's usually all downhill from there, so we moved on. It looked like street traffic could get a little noisy, as it's located at the confluence of two busy streets & just near a ferry dock.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank FreeWithPantsOn
Reviewed 26 July 2007

If you like an atmospheric, historic hotel in the heart of an old downtown walking district filled with great galleries and restaurants, this is the hotel for you. The rooms are huge (our five year old loved having space to play) and have that early 1900s ambiance. We had a corner room with many windows that was delightful. While not highly decorated, it was very tasteful and relaxing. The beds were comfortable. We chose a room without a private bath (it was the only vacant room with two queen beds) but the bath was just outside our room and we never saw or heard anyone else using it. The room did have a sink. It was about half the price of rooms with private baths. There is no elevator and given the high ceilings, it is quite a climb up the stairs. The hotel is in a perfect location, with public parking behind the hotel, and it is right on the waterfront. We ate at the restaurant on the main floor which had great ambiance and good food and service. The hotel lobby has a small gallery of attractive Northwest Native American crafts. The owner is very personable. We were extremely satisfied with this hotel, but it's not for those that want a modern or recently refurbished hotel.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank Dutch Brother
Reviewed 9 May 2007

Stayed on 3rd floor in room with mutiple beds and kitchenette. Agree stairs were a bit 'daunting' as others have said. Especially after a few beers in the bar below. Noise was not a problem, even on Friday and Saturday night while band played below. Second floor might be a bit louder. Very clean bright rooms with wonderful views. Lack of phones in rooms was offset by free WiFi. All in all, we enjoyed our stay immensely and cannot wait to return.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank pac_nw59