“Northwest Nirvana”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Townsend
The Commander's Beach House
Ranked #2 of 16 Port Townsend B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Headed up to Port Townsend for a recuperative weekend with my wife and could not have found a more relaxing and rejuvenating place than The Commanders Beach House located right on the water at Point Hudson Marina. Consummate hosts Jim & Gail both made us feel like we were part of their family and catered to our every whim without being ever-present. Jim, the resident raconteur, who is hysterical and has the town wired, was able to provide suggestions and/or reservations if need be, for any activity imaginable. Gail’s breakfasts were spectacular. The nights were punctuated by rolling waves and the distant sound of sea buoys that lulled us throughout the evenings on incredibly comfortable beds. Get up early and watch the breathtaking sunrise over Whidbey Island. Grab the Lighthouse room if available for unmatched views.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 June 2014

My wife and I stayed in the Lighthouse room for a few nights and loved the views. The room was comfortable, the breakfast was very good and the owners were delightful. I'd recommend this B&B to anyone traveling to Pt. Townsend. Mike L.

Room Tip: view of the water is best
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I've stayed in many B&B's around the country and found the Commmander's Beach House to be fantastic. The owners, Jim and Gail, are wonderful people, the rooms beautiful and the breakfast amazing!! And best of all is the location - right on the water for long walks on the beach and just a short walk into town. Perfect vacation spot!! MWP

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We recently made a great B&B find during our first Olympic Peninsula vacation. We wanted to be on the water or at least have a view and discovered that wasn't going to be easy until we found the Commander's Beach House. It is the only B&B in the area located directly on the beach looking out at the shipping lane.

Our room, the B&B's porch and back yard had an unobstructed view across the water of Mt. Baker and Whidbey, Island. We sat in a swing in the B&B's back yard and watched the ships come in from the Pacific ocean on their way to Bremerton and Seattle. The ferry boat came into view every hour. At night you can see the light on the Point Wilson lighthouse at Fort Worden. You can even hear waves.

Our room was extremely comfortable as was the entire house. Breakfast was great. We learned that they use fresh, locally grown ingedients for the meal.

The beach was a real surprize as it was sandy and easily accessable from the B&B back yard--maybe a hundred feet or so- with no steps to worry about. Some of the other guests hiked the beach to Ft. Worden.

We barely used our rental car because Waterstreet, the center of town, is easy walking distance with several great restaurants.

The owners were very friendly and helpful and seemed to know everyone in town and the best restaurants. We had no idea we should have ferry reservations to get to Whidbey Island until they told us. They saved us that day for sure.

We definitely plan on coming back on our next trip.

Room Tip: We had a room with a view of the water. I think there are a few with the same view, but from what we...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cathy C
Reviewed 16 June 2014

First of all, this place is in the middle of an rv park. Second, it is so cluttered that I was afraid to put anything down for fear it would vanish in the heaps of stuff. Third, it is very much a private home (the way b&b's used to be!); some may like this--I don't. The owners were very nice, but the whole place creeped me out. We left before breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank arbeedc
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My family and I went to Port Townsend last weekend and stayed two nights in the Lighthouse Suite of CBH, which we absolutely loved! I really hope to go there again! Our suite had two bedrooms and a bathroom, perfect for the three of us, and was amply supplied with everything from bathrobes to bath salts. I felt totally pampered the whole time! Also, the breakfasts were undoubtedly the best I've ever had at a B&B. Really, really good food! The hosts were friendly and welcoming, the view of the ocean was superb, the location was quiet and convenient, the decorations were cute and comforting; I don't know what I could possibly complain about!

Room Tip: The Lighthouse Suite is excellent for groups of three, and also has a lovely view of the water.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Laura B
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My friend & I decided to get out of town for a day & chose The Commanders Beach House as our destination. We stayed in the Lighthouse Suite. The view from the windows was gorgeous! Jim was very attentive to our needs & very fun to be around. Gayle keeps an immaculate house & the sweetest garden.. They accommodated my fussy food allergies & actually made the gluten, dairy & egg free muffins taste heavenly- I ate two. :). The smell of creosote was detectable but not a big nuisance. It smelled like a maritime house should, along with salt water & beach. It was an amazing albeit too short of a stay. We will definitely be back. This B&B is highly recommended as is having a meal at Docs down the block.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends