“friday harbor day trip”

Puget Sound Express - Day Trips
Ranked #1 of 9 Tours in Port Townsend
More attraction details
Owner description: Guaranteed whale watching tours from Port Townsend (Olympic Peninsula) and Seattle/Edmonds direct to the San Juan Islands. Group tours and education trips available. Our business is family-run, with three generations on the water. Our boats are the fastest, greenest, and most comfortable in the fleet. And our customer service is unmatched - when you come with us, you're part of OUR family!
Sequim, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“friday harbor day trip”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I took my partner on the day trip from Port Townsend to Friday Harbor for whale watching for her birthday. We had the most incredible experience. We got to see Orca whales and it brought tears to my eyes. The crew was so wonderful and informitive . we were on the Red Head,I can not say enough about our experience. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

East Hampton, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Last Minute Cancellation / Unhelpful Staff”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We booked a sailing with Puget Sound Express using an offer from Living Social. We booked in April for a trip date of May 14. We paid the fare, purchased lunches, and made the Orca Sailing the centerpiece of our trip. I should mention that we were traveling from New York and Virginia to the West Coast for this trip and because of our itinerary, Wednesday May 14 was the only day we had to go out and spot Orcas. Sherri from Pugent Sound Express called on May 12 to give us a heads up that enrollment for our sail date was a little low, but with the beautiful weather she was hopeful that they would get some more people, but that she would give me a call the next day.

We waited all day - to hear from Sherri, but once 5:30 rolled around we felt confident that our trip was a go. It was almost 8:30pm before she called to say that our trip for the next day was cancelled. We asked if there was another whale watching company that she could recommend for us, and her reply was, "You'd have to spend half a day driving to reach anyone else." Travel distance wasn't the issue, not having the centerpiece of our trip cancelled was what I was trying to avoid.

As a business professional, I understand the importance of timely communication with customers, the need to operate at a loss on occasion to build a reputation, and the importance of doing everything you can to help the customer when you cannot meet their expectations. Puget Sound Express failed. Also, if you're thinking of booking with them via Living Social now that if they cancel on you, Living Social will not give you a cash refund, only vouchers which must be spent through another Living Social vendor.

3 Thank Tony L
Key West, Florida
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Great boat, great crew, beatiful scenery!”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

For Mother's Day my husband bought tickets for our family of four to travel on the Puget sound express for the 9-5 whale watching tour and Friday Harbor visit. The boat was very nice and clean and the staff was great. They also serve very delicious blueberry buckle fresh baked on board that I recommend you try. We searched in vain for whales on the way but we were able to see seals and sea lions. After two hours of walking around Friday Harbor we headed back to the boat to continue our search. Unfortunately we were not able to see whales but it was a beautiful day with my family in a beautiful area. I would do this trip again in a heart beat!

1 Thank beccag21
Snoqualmie, Washington
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Such a great company to travel with!”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I went on the 3 day trip through the San Juan's, staying in Roche Harbor for 2 nights. This is one of the best trips I have taken in a long time. Pete and Sherri are such an amazing fun spirited couple who went above and beyond to make sure our trip was full of things to see and do. I learned and saw so much thanks to the knowledge of all the crew as well as other passengers. I just can't say enough to do this trip justice; I can't wait to go again!

Visited April 2014
Vancouver, Washington
104 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 116 helpful votes
“Wonderful wildlife excursion in Puget Sound”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My husband and I recently had the pleasure of taking a three day nature excursion with the Dungeness Audubon club on the Puget Sound express. We went out of Sequin to San Juan Island and stayed at the Roche Harbor resort for two nights. The boat, Glacier express, was extremely comfortable and there were many little extras that made the daily excursions enjoyable. Firstly Captain Peter and his wife Sherri were friendly and accommodating. On arrival on the boat Sherri served her famous warm coffee cake and coffee/tea. My husband had two pieces. While we cruised to San Juan Island we had our birder leader, Bob, to point our every bird we passed plus tell us about the history and geology of the islands. We had the luck of spending an hour with a pod of Orcas while we ate our delicious lunch. The second day we went to Sucia Island, lovely. I can not recommend the Puget Sound Express enough. Captain Peter has great stories to tell about the history of the islands. I think what really made it special is that you felt that you were friends cruising together. Every detail was thought of, even flowers on the tables. What a great way to see the islands.

Visited April 2014