“Nothing Special”
Review of Port Townsend Inn

Port Townsend Inn
Ranked #15 of 16 Port Townsend B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I think this place could use a refurbishment. Prices are good. Decent pool & hot tub. Nice people. Okay rooms. Nothing special. I arrived late on Labour Day Weekend when everything else seemed to be booked. This one wasn't. Now I know why.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Port Townsend Inn

Reviewed 24 August 2013

We pulled into Port Townsend late one evening in Aug 2013. We were two couples travelling by motorcycle. Port Townsend Inn had a room available with one queen bed & one twin bed. We though that the twin bed would be slightly bigger than the single bed it actually was. We made it work by making the large chair in the room & the luggage rack we found in the closet into a makeshift bed! All part of the fun. The man on reception was very helpful & gave us extra sheets, blankets & pillow.

The hotel itself is a little older, but it was clean & the pool/hot-tub area was in good working order. Extra towels were provided at reception for the pool. Free Wifi worked great. Breakfast was included with the room. The location is good for walking to nearby restaurants, bars etc. There is a very good East Indian restaurant in Port Townsend (see my review of Muskan East Indian - Port Townsend)

We would stay here again if in the Port Townsend area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank maddydoggy
Reviewed 22 August 2013

This motel is well past its prime. I think the staff try to keep it clean but there is not much to work with. Worn linen, old fixtures, no AC, torn carpet. If you can stay anywhere else I suggest you do. It did not leave us with a possitive feeling for Pt. Townsend and the town deserves better. Wi Fi was included and worked fine and the continental breakfast was adaquate. Over priced.

Room Tip: Top floor has a veiw of the water.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank gjanie
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I don't normally complain when we are out and out shafted, but on a recent 7 day road trip, this outfit takes the cake. It was late on a Saturday afternoon, and rooms were in short supply all over town, so we took a room in this jewel, out of shear desparation.

It is like walking into the early 60's. $129.00 and only 3 rooms rented when we arrived, which soon changed. We got settled, then took the short drive into the downtown core for dinner. During that time, the ferry to Whitbey Island had mechanical issues and limped back to port. The town is delightful and a perfect tourist trap. Upon our arrival back to our room, the desk clerk(owner?) had raised the nightly rate to $169.00. What a swell guy?

Our toilet plugged up about 6 a.m., my wife was up to her ankles in the shower, and the wi-fi that worked when we went to bed, quit, totally, with no signs of resurrection. This was the worst $129.00 we have ever spent. I had to fix the toilket myself, once the breakfast gal showed up, so I could get a plunger at 7:30 a.m.

Under no circumstances, should this rip-off artist be in the accomodation biz. Patheteic. If I have time, I will go to Mastercard and do whatever I have to, in order to get my money back.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Reggie44
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We made last minute reservations for the Fourth of July. They still had a couple rooms available and met all our requirements (dog friendly and free wifi).

The wifi in our room was not really accessible but probably closer to the office is fine. My husband went outside to use it. We didn't really need it that much anyway.

Anyway, the guy was super friendly and accommodating. The beds were super comfy. The kids loved the pool which was well maintained. They had good soundproofing too- there was this guy outside having a loud conversation for a half hour or so in the evening but when we closed the window we could barely hear him.

Across the street at the intersection light was a little beach where we took the dogs several times to run. When the tide was high it was not much of a beach at all but at low tide it was a nice spot where people were clamming and you could see the ferries coming in and out. We ate once at the 1 2 3 Thai restaurant (walking distance) which had some great reviews for a fast food kind of restaurant. The pad thai was the ketchupy kind but the other dish we got was heavenly- Pad Kra Pao. Looked like a happening little bar over there too called the Pourhouse--neat little outdoor seating area overlooking the beach. We had kids with us so could not check it out.

Room Tip: If wifi is important to you, ask which rooms get better wifi service.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank Dogorama
Reviewed 25 May 2013

While the only other pool in town had 'issues' and had to be closed indefinitely, Port Townsend Inn opened up their pool and hot tub and made guest passes so locals could continue to swim for family fun or exercise. Their pool is always sparkling clean, and staff is super friendly. I just go to use hot tub to soak my weary bones after a workout, and it is by far the best hot tub in town. It was nice to see kids still get to swim or folks do their morning swim while I pummeled my aches and sore muscles away. Thanks Port Townsend Inn for this lovely community service!

Room Tip: They do have a Jacuzzi room if you are ever looking for more private venue to soak in!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Lisa W
Reviewed 25 April 2013

We had a fantastic stay at the Port Townsend Inn and would particularly like to thank some amazing customer service.
Breakfast was also great and reception were really helpful.
If we are in the area again we will definitely be coming back!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends