“Simply the best”
Review of Hillbottom Pie

Hillbottom Pie
Ranked #14 of 99 Restaurants in Port Townsend
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Tim and Mariko are back at it - serving up the best of the best. The crust of the pizza pie is so amazing, thin and crusty, light as air. Try the white pie. Soups are mega-fresh. The mulligatawny is out of this world. Salads and casual atmosphere add to the delight. I was a little hesitate to write a review as a local since I would like this to be a secret! But there is no keeping this food "hidden". Try Tim's Berry Pies, too. The fresh fruit flavor and the crust will leave you amazed.

2  Thank GreenAcres1005

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Located on a side street you might not ordinarily venture down, this gem offers up some of the best clam chowder you'll find anywhere, fresh made pizza that rival Florence, and homemade pies that are out of this world. Wish we were in town longer to go back again!

2  Thank greg7124
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Tyler Street Cafe was always a favorite of mine, through the closings and openings and closings, so after being out of the area for a few months, I was baffled by an invitation to lunch at Hillbottom. I had no idea what they were talking about and asked "at the bottom of which hill?"

I was happy to find it was my old fav and thoroughly enjoyed the meal. As a curry lover, I chose the delicious Mulligatawny soup and think wedges of garlicy toast, along with a very nice Sauvignon Blanc, a far cry from the pastries and lattes from "the old days." Because the soup was so filling, there was no room for pie, which apparently is to die for!

The ambiance is great, small town vibe, lots of locals and it feels the same as before; art on the walls, cozy tables. Well worth the visit.

1  Thank heysooooos
Reviewed 21 August 2014

My wife and I ate twice for lunch at this little eatery while in Port Townsend for a wedding. Our second time because we were so impressed with the food the first time. The Diamond is the food...had Mulligatawny soup that was really good and we we shared a piece of marionberry pie and it was excellent. My wife liked my soup so much she had that too on our second visit. The rough part of this story is the service. On our first visit the place was not very crowded, but there was only one person to take orders and serve...and I think she wore several other hats too. On our second visit the place was packed. There was an additional server, but still not enough to speed up service. This is a really local place with really good food. I would recommend this to friends...Just don't go there if you are in a hurry.

1  Thank MtRainierTrampers
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The soups are outstanding; the pizzas are outstanding; the service is outstanding! This is our favorite place to eat in Port Townsend. The only thing negative I have to say is that we couldn't eat there enough!!!! I will go back just to eat at this restaurant!

1  Thank Mary Ann H