“"Motor Inn" Quality”
Review of Poulsbo Inn

Poulsbo Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Poulsbo
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Spent a few nights here on business, as the better rated hotels in the area were all booked. Not bad... but definitely more typical of a "motor inn" as opposed to a hotel. The room was clean, and had a rustic "homey" feel which nice. Bathroom was small and a bit dated. The only real complaint with the room though was that it smelled a bit musty - which was more noticeable if the room got warm, so I kept the AC down low to compensate.
Breakfast was pretty good! And the location is good as you are quite close to the "old town" part of Pouslbo, which is quite interesting with some good places to eat and shop.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
tc719, General Manager at Poulsbo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Thank you for giving us your input about your stay with us. I am sorry that your room smelled musty. If we knew what room you were in we could investigate the problem and correct it. We do not want any of our rooms to have a musty odor. We strive to keep our hotel clean and in good repair at all times. Thank you again for taking the time to leave your comments and we hope that you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

We were in town for a family reunion. The place was priced great. The suite was quiet and fit five adults and one child. The pool temperature was right on as well as the hot tube. Breakfast offered many different choices. Any specific diet could eat there. The coffee was great. I look forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: We had one infant and five adults. We had a suite and it worked out well.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Attended a friends wedding at Kiana lodge which was about 10 minutes away from the Poulsbo Inn over the labor day weekend. Group block was set at this motel for less than 100 bucks including tax so the price was real cheap over the busy weekend. But, me and my roomate had real tough time sleeping the 2 nights we were there.

First night, the alarm clock in the room had been set for 4:30am. Complete shock to the loud radio music going off in the middle of the night was so annoying! I ended up yanking the plug to stop it as I couldn't figure out the off button in my dark room. Who's responsibility is it to turn off the alarms after guests uses it?! I guess I'll be checking the alarms clocks when I travel.

Second night, since our room was right next to the highway so road noise was definitly bothersome but we had a group of late night partying guests next to our room. I have to admit it was with the same wedding group but we ended up with few hours of sleep and the travel back home was real tough!

• Stayed: August 2013
tc719, General Manager at Poulsbo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

I am sorry that you did not get much sleep during your stay. It is the housekeepers responsibility to make sure the alarms are shut off. We missed your room and I apologize. Unfortunately, we have no control over noisy guests unless we are told about the noise at the time. Our Front Desk staff always takes care of noise complaints immediately when they get a complaint.
I hope that if you are in the area again you give us another try so we can show you that we are the best place to stay in Poulsbo.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Not a single complaint to be found. We stayed 2 separate times & both were great. The staff was wonderful the complimentary breakfast was one of the best ever. Since our kids bought a house we shouldn't need a place to stay next visit but if we ever do will certainly stay here

Room Tip: For the extra value get a suite which has all you cooking needs for lunch or dinner plus you get a b...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are happy you chose to stay with us and glad your kids have bought a house in our area. It is a great place to visit and live!

Reviewed 2 September 2013

At least in room 18 the bed was jello sft and concave. It was so soft the sheets were off the corners by morning -this makes for a fitful night of sleep.
TV was smaller CRT - not LCD. Did have nice sized refer.
Again, it was clean but you may want to avoid room 18.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rennerlko

I am sorry that you had a problem with your bed during your stay with us. We have put new beds on our capital improvement list. Thank you for writing a review about your stay. We appreciate all comments by our guests. We hope that you will come to stay with us again.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

We were in Poulsbo for a wedding; and, this was the hotel of 'choice'. Convenient, clean and friendly staff made this a perfect choice. Rooms were spacious enough, breakfast was complimentary (which made 'getting on the road that much easier' for the day) and the lobby provided free computer access. The Inn has 'outdoor' corridors which normally I'm not a fan of - but because there were so many of us - it was an easy way to catch people coming/going.

If you find yourself in need of a hotel in/near Poulsbo - I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: There are Suites and Rooms. The rooms are sufficient, if extra space is needed - I would suggest lo...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
tc719, General Manager at Poulsbo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We appreciate your comments and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

After refusing to stay in the septic pit AKA Travelodge across the bay in Edmunds, we came across the bay to this place. Better rates, and the rooms were exactly what I was looking for. Needed a CLEAN place to spend the night, check my email and take a nice shower. More than satisfied, so gave this place highest ratings. Don't expect a 5 star hotel, but take what you would expect from that, and scale it down to what you'd like to see if you just had to check in later in the evening and planned on checking out first thing. They also offered a breakfast, there is a nice pool, I saw a room I could have done some laundry....all looked very nice. Didn't utilize these, but had I done so, am pretty sure based on my hotel experiences, that these would not have detracted from my experience and changed my rating.

Room Tip: Try to get something in the back as there might be a little road noise from the highway. Otherwise...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review on our property. We value all comments and learn from them. We hope to see you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Poulsbo
Oxford Suites Silverdale
Oxford Suites Silverdale
#1 of 6 in Silverdale
Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel
Best Western Plus Bainbridge Island Suites
Best Western Plus Bainbridge Isl...
#1 of 5 in Bainbridge Island
Quality Inn and Suites
Quality Inn and Suites
#3 of 5 in Bainbridge Island
GuestHouse Inn & Suites Poulsbo
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#3 of 6 in Silverdale

Been to Poulsbo Inn? Share your experiences!