“Delightful place to spend the holidays”
Review of Poulsbo Inn

Poulsbo Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Poulsbo
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We stayed at the Poulsbo Inn both Thanksgiving and Christmas. It is located near to our daughter's home on Bainbridge Island which it a perfect spot to stay and still be close to our family. The rooms are spacious and very clean. The breakfast offerings are great. We enjoyed the Scandanavian hospitaliity of the area and are looking forward to staying there again while visiting with our families.

Room Tip: Placing our reservation directly with the Inn gave us excellent rooms at a very reasonable price.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
tc719, General Manager at Poulsbo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are so happy that you enjoyed your time with us and with your family over the holidays! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

We were so impressed with the clean rooms and the wonderful comfy beds and the staff were all great. The Continental breakfast was ok the hard boiled eggs were cooked too done. While we were there they had a big storm and the power was off for a while a couple times but the hotel didn't have any control over that

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
tc719, General Manager at Poulsbo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a view about your stay. I will let my Breakfast staff know that they are over cooking the eggs. We hope to see you again in the future and we really appreciate your comments.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Stayed here for one night when travelling to Bremerton. Check-in was very friendly and fast. Room was nice and clean, obviously recently renovated. The room was right by the highway which is busy 24/7 so if traffic noise bothers you this could be an issue. My only real problem during the stay was the Wi-Fi which is basically non-existent. There were a few access points but none had more than one bar for a signal. I wasn't able to even connect. They need to fix this as an internet connection is a must these days. Another minor issue was the blinds which are wooden and have gaps in many places so the light outside my door shone into the room all night, also anyone walking by could see into the room if they wanted. They should have solid curtains behind the blinds. I would stay here again if in the area and they fixed the internet connection.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
tc719, General Manager at Poulsbo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

I am sorry to hear about your internet problems. I have called our service provider and requested that they look at the problem. The internet is working fine in the lobby and office area so they need to do some investigating to find out what is wrong. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I can assure you that the internet problem will be taken care of. I hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Location was good as my worksite was right across from the Poulsbo Inn but there were negative factors that concluded my review with a 2 star rating. My construction company arranged for couple rooms for me and my co-workers to stay during the week. First, I'm not a big fan for the motel setting where you drive up to your door room, which this motel has several outside building entrances. But, even thou the motel is right next to the highway, it wasn't too loud-this could also have been that the place was bare empty!

The 2 things that my co-workers and I really couldn't stand was the super slow internet that kept going in and out and the old tube rustic TVs in our rooms. Called the front desk about the internet being slow and was told they would look into it but never got resolved.

Other than that, other aspect of the motel like cleanliness, maintenance, and free breakfast was fine for us.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with better internet signal.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

I am sorry that you were not able to use our internet connection. I have called our service provider and told them that they need to find out what the problem is. It works fine in the lobby and office area. I can assure you that the problem will be fixed. Thank you for taking the time to write your comments to us.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Very clean & quiet. Absolutely spotless room. Excellent coffee for in room coffee maker. Counter staff were very friendly and helpful. Continental breakfast just a wee bit of a disappointment, not a lot to choose from but may be spoiled. Ended up eating breakfast in Port Gardner. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Again, we always request an upper floor. Always more quiet but here probably did not make a differe...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
tc719, General Manager at Poulsbo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments and hope that you come and stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I thought I had booked the GuestHouse Inn & Suites, but had actually mixed up the numbers and booked this place. When I arrived here I was frazzled and frustrated (having gone to the GuestHouse first, who kindly called here and confirmed that indeed, this was where my reservation was), and the staff was welcoming and friendly.

The good:
Our room was no-frills, but very clean. Mini fridge, microwave and a Keurig were nice surprises, and very welcome. Shower was HOT and that felt great (we were there for the marathon, so that hot shower was much-looked-forward-to).

The less-good:
The mattress was OK, but the sheets were kind of awful. Again, clean, but maybe a cotton/poly blend and not exactly comfortable. If you are desperate for a flat-screen tv, you'll be disappointed, but for our purposes the old-school tube tv was fine.

I was a little worried that the walls would be thin, but aside from a few doors slamming, it was a quiet night. All in all, a clean, pleasant, safe place to spend a night on a road trip. The other guests seemed to be a mix of young families, retirees and other runners there for the race. And seriously, a very friendly and welcoming front-desk.

Also, the location is super-convenient. Poulsbo isn't huge, anyway, but the waterfront, stripmall with grocery and drug store, and restaurants were all within a 3-5 minute drive.

Also, the diner across the street is a bit like this property - no frills, but affordable and just fine. We were there for breakfast and treated like family.

Room Tip: We had room #27 right across from the front desk/main building. Even so close to the street, it was...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
tc719, General Manager at Poulsbo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We appreciate your comments and hope that you come and stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

We inexplicably were assigned a "Handicapped Room" which was great. It afforded a bunch of "extra" space - especially in the bathroom. This was clean and quiet - we generally try to avoid accommodation with "exterior doors" - room doors that enter outside like an old style motel. But this was a sprawling inn that covered a significant amount of real estate. Breakfast was good - waffles, and the usual cereals, yogurt. It was worth the money spent - no frills and no surprises. A little tricky to enter though...still Poulsbo was really great!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
tc719, General Manager at Poulsbo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We value your comments are so happy that you enjoyed your time in Poulsbo. We hope that you come and see us again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Poulsbo
Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel
Oxford Suites Silverdale
Oxford Suites Silverdale
#1 of 6 in Silverdale
Best Western Plus Bainbridge Island Suites
Best Western Plus Bainbridge Isl...
#1 of 5 in Bainbridge Island
Island Country Inn
Island Country Inn
#3 of 5 in Bainbridge Island
The Resort at Port Ludlow
The Resort at Port Ludlow
#1 of 1 in Port Ludlow
Baymont Inn & Suites Bremerton WA

Been to Poulsbo Inn? Share your experiences!