“Don't trust them if they say you have a reservation”
Review of Poulsbo Inn

Poulsbo Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Poulsbo
Indianola, Washington
“Don't trust them if they say you have a reservation”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My parents were coming into town to visit with my brothers kids. They made a reservation, which the front desk said didi not need to be held with a credit card. Since my parents were running late they called the hotel to let them know and to make sure a room would be held. This was at around 6 pm. They were told that it was no problem and that there was no need to hold the room with a credit card. When they got into Poulsbo at around 8 pm the hotel had given away their room and we're rather rude about it. My parents had to drive down to Port Orchard to find a room for the night.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
tc719, General Manager at Poulsbo Inn, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
In this case the guest called at 4pm and were told if they would not be here by 6pm they would need to leave a credit card to hold past 6pm. Our cancellation policy is by 6pm day of arrival which is more lenient than most hotels. We cancelled the room at 6:30pm because we were sold out. I am sorry for the inconvenience, but we cannot hold roooms without a credit card until 8pm. It is always best to guarantee your reservation with a credit card at the time the reservation is made to be safe in case of delays in your arrival.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Dayton, Nevada
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stayed at the Poulsbo Inn two separate nights in early June.
Positives: convenient to what tourists want to visit, the waterfront, casino, Bainbridge Island and the Seattle ferry. Some of the employees were very friendly and helpful. The rooms are reasonably roomy, quiet, and the exterior of the buildings and grounds are well-maintained. The complimentary breakfast is adequate. Price was reasonable.
Negatives: Some of the employees aren't friendly or helpful. The furniture and TV are old. One of the mattresses we slept on was OK, the other badly needed replacement (Room 26). The bed linens were absolutely threadbare, and the bedspreads hairy and dirty. Wall HVAC unit was noisy, but we were visiting in late Spring, and didn't use it much.
This could be a great motel, but management needs to renovate the rooms, and get all of the employees on the same page, attitude-wise.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank steve a
tc719, General Manager at Poulsbo Inn, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am sorry that you felt that some of our employees were not friendly or helpful. I wish I knew who it was so that I could discuss this with them. We are in the process of replacing our mattresses and televisions with flat screen TV's. We have already replaced many of them. We continuously replace our old furnishings with new. I will look into our linens to make sure that housekeeping is not keeping linen that should be replaced.

We value your comments and hope that you will come to stay with us again.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This hotel teams with online hotel finder sites that let you pay for the room in advance supposedly guaranteeing the lowest possible rates and when you pay in advance show that you have paid the total for the room including taxes...but... BEWARE- EVEN THOUGH the website SAYS Pet Friendly---they don't tell you that AFTER you get there you will be charged a per night pet fee on top of the so called 'lowest rate'...and that pet fee also includes tax, so the amount you are actually charged is about $20 additional! ON top of that....when you arrive the same day, (when it's too late to cancel) after having PAID in advance for your room, if they do NOT have any pet rooms available ...you will be charged for the room anyway, even though you can't stay there because you have a pet!!!! PLEASE BE AWARE....EVEN IF YOU PAY IN ADVANCE, THEY DON'T GUARANTEE YOU A PET ROOM, AND IF YOU GET THERE AND THEY DON'T HAVE ANY...YOU ARE S.O.L!!! This is a lousy hotel anyway, so don't bother staying there to find out for yourself. The rooms are old and shabby with 60ish decor and the carpets look filthy. There was an odor in the room and it didn't even have curtains on the windows-just some old wood blinds with 1/4" gaps that would let anyone see in if they looked! I was tired from traveling all day and it was late, so I stayed anyway...but I would NOT Stay again!!!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Don S
tc719, General Manager at Poulsbo Inn, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
I spoke to you on the telephone and explained to you about our pet policy. I asked if you received a pet policy when you checked in and you told me no. I checked and found a signed copy of your pet policy that plainly states there is a $15.00+tax non refundable pet fee per pet per night in the very first sentence. So, you knew there would be a charge when you checked in.

You told me that your receipt from the online booking site said that you paid in full for your room charges not including incidentals. A pet fee is an incidental charge. I do not know of any hotels that do not charge for pets.

All of our rooms have been renovated and the wood blinds are not old.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us.
Chino, California
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Room was clean and appointments okay. Price was good for May. The room was facing the highway but we did not hear the traffic noise. Pillows need to be replaced along with some of the towels. Had a problem with the key card and the office had to reprogram it. We found fleas in the room and it was a non-pet room, this was reported to the office on check out. Continental breakfast was included and is okay, nothing special. Would be better to go to a restaurant for breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
tc719, General Manager at Poulsbo Inn, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for your review. I apologize for the fleas in your room. Unfortunately, we do have people that sneak pets into non pet rooms that we do not catch. When we know about it we immediately de-flea the room and clean the carpets. If you stay with us again in the future do not hesitate to let us know if the pillows or towels are not up to your expectations and we will exchange them right away. I am glad that you chose to stay with us and that you come back again. We appreciate your comments.
White Rock, Canada
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Actual rating = 3.25

There are only two motels in Poulsbo and the Poulsbo Inn was our choice. We were completely satisfied with our decision. The two people at reception were friendly and informative. Our double queen room was extremely clean and averagely sized. Our only complaint is about the museum piece TV. Not a deal breaker. The pool and hot tub are nicely sized and located in the very center of the property. The Poulsbo Inn is conveniently located directly on HWY 305 and is, obviously, easy to find, day or night. We did not hear any traffic noise in our room #63-A.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank protravel1
tc719, General Manager at Poulsbo Inn, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to write a review. We just received our second shipment of flat screen LCD televisions and are installing them now. We are adding the flat screens in phases and when complete every room will have one. With this phase we are putting in 20. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Shelton, Washington
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN!!! I was very pleased to see and smell a clean room! Made our stay much less stressful.

Breakfasts are nice. Hot waffle iron with malted batter. Hard boiled eggs. Fresh fruit. Juices. Hot and cold cereals. Pastries. And breads for toast. Not special but better than average.

Noisy. Period. We arrived late Friday and left on Sunday morning. We were away from the highway via other reviewers advise. BUT you can't stop the cars in the parkinglot. You can't get people to not slam their doors at 1am. You can not tell people to not talk so loud in their rooms. The walls are very thin and you can hear every noise from outside of the room. Either rooms beside ours OR from the parking lot. This is not something the hotel can do much about without a total rebuild and they can not control the people. I am not mad at the staff who were awesome and very nice the whole time. I am not upset at the Inn itself. I just would not stay there again since my husband and I are light sleepers.

So if you are a light sleeper... you may want to request being away from other occupied rooms.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
tc719, General Manager at Poulsbo Inn, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
I appreciate your comments and I am sorry you had such a hard time sleeping while staying with us. We could have tried to move you to a room that had no one next to you or above you had we known you were having problems. This would not have helped with the parking lot noise though. Again, I thank you for taking the time to write your review and for staying with us and I truly wish your stay would have been perfect.
North Platte, Nebraska
Reviewed 8 March 2014

This is like we went to a mountain retreat on a city street, for there was a backdrop of big trees behind the buildings and it was surprisingly quiet. Less expensive than a hotel chain, yet with all the amenities -- free continental breakfast (including waffle maker & espresso machine), complimentary wi-fi, friendly staff, clean rooms, comfy beds, cable tv, etc. When we checked in, they even handed us chocolate chip cookies! Okay, that did it! We'll be back! (grin) We read in one review that this is a "mom and pop" business. It had that feel -- like our patronage was appreciated. We half-expected them to holler after us as we left the breakfast room, "Y'all come back now, ya hear!" (chuckle)

Room Tip: We got a winter-rate, Internet-only special by calling a number we saw on their website. The person...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AviJennie
tc719, General Manager at Poulsbo Inn, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you for your recent stay and kind review. We appreciate every comment we get from out guests and we hope to see you again soon. We will have the cookies ready for you when you check-in.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Poulsbo
Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel
Best Western Plus Bainbridge Island Suites
Best Western Plus Bainbridge Isl...
#1 of 5 in Bainbridge Island
Hampton Inn & Suites Bremerton
Midway Inn
Midway Inn
#7 of 8 in Bremerton

Been to Poulsbo Inn? Share your experiences!