“Highly recommended!”

GuestHouse Inn & Suites Poulsbo
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Poulsbo
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Smash mouth was staying at the hotel when I was there. Very cool! Really excited to see some of the band members hanging out in the lobby at the same time... hotel was nicely updated and had great service from all staff members, will stay here again for sure!

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank feniereyes

Reviewed 13 August 2012

I stayed here last Wednesday and Thursday for Smash mouth concert but I had stayed here before for business. It was a Holiday Inn Express before but changed to Guest House Inn. They still provide the same good services and rooms are still clean but prices are lower. I would definitely stay here again next time.

Room Tip: just request the room type you want in advance. They were willing to work with me.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank GaH60878
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Hotel was a solid three star, not luxurious but worth the price. Room was nice but had two double beds, prefer queen size or larger. Room was nicely furnished, only minor complaint room not sound proof, could hear the person in the next room snoring. Breakfast was better than expected, only comment is prefer more fruit as only bananas were available. But again the hotel is worth the price paid. Took City bus to ferry from near hotel, worked out well, less than 5 minute walk to bus stop. (cheaper to take bus than to park at ferry terminal even for two of us)

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank alolewis
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Nice, updated, and clean hotel and room for reasonable price. Great, friendly service. Convenient location. Great cookies! Comfortable bed. Only thing that would make this room better is a more comfortable sitting chair - only chairs available were dinette chairs with no arms, and a desk chair.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Beachwatcher14
Reviewed 18 June 2012

I would definitely stay here again. I like to stay in rooms where you enter from inside the hotel and not outside, which this is. The staff at the front desk are so friendly and helpful. They always had fresh baked cookies and they offered a little stuffed toy to my 1 year old son. The room I booked was very small, but was all that was available as it was pretty packed when I went due to weddings and graduation events. Although it was small it fit me, my husband and our son. We had previously requested a crib and I wasn’t sure if they would have one, but they did. They even asked whether we had a boy or a girl so that when the crib arrived the sheets and blankets were blue. I thought that was special. The only problem I had in our room was the shower. You had to turn it opposite of what it says and the shower head sprayed a little funny so the pressure wasn’t the greatest. Not a big deal at all. The location is great. Not very far from the main street. They are close to a couple fast food joints and a nice restaurant across the street called Taprock Grill, which I really enjoyed. The FREE breakfast was wonderful. They had hot water for oatmeal, coffee, juices, bananas, yogurt, fresh hot cinnamon rolls, bagels, bread, muffins, croissants, pastries and English muffins. We stayed two nights and the first morning they had bacon and scrambled eggs, the second morning they had sausage patties and cheese omelets. The food was always refilled so you never had to wait long. In fact, the second day we were there the place was packed and some people were even taking trays of food up to their rooms. I thought there wouldn’t be much food left, but the staff kept it filled the whole time. I had no problems at all. I never heard any doors slamming, the only thing I heard was the icemaker, but that was because our room was right by it. Other than that, no problems. I would highly recommend staying at Guesthouse International.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank disue5
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Stayed here last weekend while driving up to Canada. I was initially looking for Holiday Inn as I didnt realize there have been a change. It's located in a convenient location, close to small shops and restaurant. We were greeted with very friendly front desk. Room was nice and clean, Parking was abundant and spacious. I did not expect to see a flat screen TV and free WiFi but it was definitely a luxury that I fully took advantage of. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Jake1978
Reviewed 3 April 2012

this convenient hotel was formerly an HIE but is now Guest House Inn. we chose them because they accept pets and we were traveling with our dogs. I found very few properties that would accept pets when I was planning the trip. it is adequate but I was not impressed.

this hotel is off the main highway closer to town. it is right next to a plaza that has a Starbucks and a grocery store. it is quiet and maybe 3 minutes from the quaint town of Poulsbo on the waterfront. (I recommend a stop in to Sluy's Bakery btw)
the room was priced similar to most hotels I looked at but the bed was way too soft and we tended to be forced to roll into the middle of the small bed and therefore sleep was not the best. I also need to mention that even though the sink is outside the toilet/shower area there is very little room for the toilet. the paper holder was so close to the toilet that a person on the larger side might not fit. be careful!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank NifT33
Also consider these accommodations in or near Poulsbo
Poulsbo Inn
The Resort at Port Ludlow
The Resort at Port Ludlow
#1 of 1 in Port Ludlow
Best Western Plus Bainbridge Island Suites
Best Western Plus Bainbridge Isl...
#1 of 5 in Bainbridge Island
Hampton Inn & Suites Bremerton

Been to GuestHouse Inn & Suites Poulsbo? Share your experiences!