“Award winning Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Potland
“Award winning Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

My entire stay was exceptional from service, to room cleanliness, to maintenance. Had some issue locating the hotel on my arrival day and called the front desk and he guided me efficiently to the hotel. On my 1 week stay, housekeeping staff left me notes that they had changed the sheets, writing to me hoping my stay was excellent, etc. That is a personal touch I never had in my hotel travels! Called for a maintenance to fix a slow sink drain and he was very prompt and professional.

Everyone did an excellent job on their duties so no wonder this hotel has an award for best hotel in their franshise group...

• Stayed June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MicahKim, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Poulsbo, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Thank you for your kind words. Glad to hear you had a great stay!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

Family spent 1 night over the Memorial day weekend and the entire hotel staff was super friendly and the rooms were nicely decorated with accent paint walls. Loved their duvet insert sheets bedding pakage, very clean and comfortable! And, my daughter had a great experience as she fed the fishes in the hotel lobby aquarium twice. Thank you hotel staff for offering my daughter to interact with the fishes!
Now, we'll get her an aquarium for her upcoming birthday, perfect!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
MicahKim, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Poulsbo, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Thank you for your review! We appreciate your kind words and I'm glad to hear your daughter had fun feeding the fishes in our aquarium.
Naples
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

I arrived at the Inn and was met at the front desk by a most charming, polite and efficient young lady with a great sense of humor, who checked me in....in fact every member of staff with whom I came into contact was polite with a welcoming smile. The room was great, very, very clean, as was the bath....great housekeeping. The bed was comfortable and the flat screen TV had lots of channel choices. The Inn was formally an HI Express, and the breakfast was similar to that brand, meaning, lots of choice, good quality and a great way to start the day. The Inn was very busy and the lady staffing the breakfast area was super efficient. Now this review would have rated five stars instead of four because of two points....no Wi-Fi (except in lobby) the first day (my pet peeve)...fine the second day...and the shower water which was never hot...just warm. Those two point aside, this was a great two day stay. I visit Poulsbo fairly often and have always stayed at "the other" Poulsbo hotel...but from now on, it's GuestHouse for me,

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank TravelerFL
Thank you for your review! We appreciate your kind words about our hotel, especially from a hotel expert like yourself. I'm sorry the internet was a issue on your 1st day, unfourtuantely I had to reset one of the access points during your visit. Also, sorry the water didn't get hot to your liking. I wish that we would have known about it during your stay so that we could have turned up the hot water output on your faucet. Again, thank you for your comments!
Silverdale, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

My family stayed over Poulsbo's annual viking fest weekend as my kids were part of the parade. Hotel provided a shuttle service to downtown which made it very convenient for my enfire family! Also, there were some spotty shower on the day of the parade and we didn't bring any umbrellas. Luckly, the hotel provides umbrellas for guest usage and I really appreciated that amenity!! Saved me some money not having to purhcase any umbrella and saved my family from getting drenched, thanks Guesthouse International Hotel!!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
MicahKim, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Poulsbo, responded to this review, 23 May 2013
Thank you for your review, glad to hear the umbrellas were useful to your family!
Monmouth, OR
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

This hotel advertises a $10 per night pet fee. Both the Hotels.com agent and the clerk checking me in confirmed this. When the clerk asked the weight of my pets and I told him they were each between 30 and 35 pounds, he had the opportunity to tell me that the fee for any animal over 30 lbs is $30 per night. He never said a word that it would be more, so when I got the bill for $120 instead of $40, I was really surprised and thought it was an error (since the same clerk who checked me in was the person who told me it was $10 a night). I hate businesses who hide fees. In addition, our room wasn't cleaned until after we left. I will never stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank WSUEWU
MicahKim, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Poulsbo, responded to this review, 14 May 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry that you were charged the pet fee more than what you thought. We do not deceive guests with any hidden fees. In my research in hotels.com, it does clearly state $10 and a $30 max pet fee for our hotel. Also, I spoke with Von who checked guests in on 5/7th did confirm prior to check in that there would be $30 pet fee per pet, per night. In addition, we have a hotel pet policy document SIGNED by the guest as well.

As far as the turnover service that was not given on the 2nd day, guests had a Do Not Disturb sign on the door according to the housekeeping worksheet, so we honored your request.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013 via mobile

The room is on the small size. The room was very clean. Bed was on the soft side. Staff was very helpful and polite. Even cookies when you walk in the door. The free shuttle to the casino made the stay even better. Would definitely stay here again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your compliments about our hotel! Sorry the room size was a bit small for you, we have different room types with different sizes so please try out one of bigger rooms next time. Thanks again!
McMinnville, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013

We stayed here a couple of week ends ago. The staff was so friendly and helpful! The room was clean and nicely decorated, we had a whirlpool tub in our room. The Guest House Inn and Suites of Poulsbo, WA is all that it advertises and more. We had a hot breakfast (complimentary) in the mornings. There were always several items to chose from. I had the omelet once, It wasn't my favorite. The rolls and baked goods were all very fresh! I would stay here again and again. It fast became one of our favorite places! Great location and close to everything, we even enjoyed a Saturday market right down the street! The only Con: the outdoor hot tub was not working. :)

Room Tip: NO real pool, there is an outdoor hot tub, but it was not working when we were there.