“Rooms are nice and large...hallways cramped and smelly”

GuestHouse Inn & Suites Poulsbo
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Poulsbo
GreenLeadersSilver level
Seattle, Washington
“Rooms are nice and large...hallways cramped and smelly”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I had a room towards the back of the hotel and had to walk through a very smelly hallway. Ceiling is very low in hallway and not much airflow...thus the smell. Was very worried about the state of my room...but it turned out to be nice and large and did not smell.

I agree the bathroom was very small and the sink was outside of the bathroom...which was fine as I was in room alone. If I had been w/ my spouse I would not have liked the sink outside the bathroom.

Room came equipped w/ fridge and microwave. Air conditioning unit was not too loud and it did keep the room cool.

Mattress was on the soft side, but okay. Lots of pillows to choose from (soft to firm).

The only negative was that the room next to mine had some men who were very, very loud until very late at night. I did not complain to the hotel because the complaint could have only come from my room and w/ adjoining door...didn't wish to have potential harassing noises on door. I supposed I could have requested a room change...but I did not feel like packing up and moving rooms.

There is a nice place to eat across the street (chocolates, great wine and pretty good food). Grocery stores nearby. Historic downtown is a few miles away.

I will stay here again the next time I am in area for business.

Room Tip: No elevator so request 1st floor if stairs are an issue.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
MicahKim, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Poulsbo, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Kate J, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your positive feedback on our rooms but sorry to hear the hallway smelled on your visit. We recently had a large dog show group at the hotel, mainly on the ground floor and we had a professional carpet cleaning company come few days after the event to freshen the hallway carpet. No excuses but I want to ensure we take good care of our hallway carpet. We hope to see you in the near future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Seattle
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here recently on a hiking weekend on the Olympic Peninsula. It is in Poulsbo technically but is not in the heart of downtown Poulsbo (with the shopping) if you are wondering. That is true of most of the Poulsbo hotels. The hotel's staff was friendly. I thought the halls were fairly dingy and made me concerned about what the rooms might looks like (it wasn't that they weren't clean, they just felt neglected) but the rooms were the opposite. They were up to date, clean, lovely and look just like the pictures. There was lots of space and I would absolutely stay there again. It is also located near a couple of large grocery stores too which can be very helpful on the road.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear LeslieOSeattle, thank for your taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad your hiking trip to the Olympic Peninsula was safe and sound. Thank you for your compliments about our hotel room and the staff. We are always looking ways to improve the hotel so we'll look into updating our hallways on our future budget.
Metro Minneapolis-Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 25 June 2014

By far the best in the area - good value, clean. decent breakfast. Very helpful and friendly at the front desk. Fast Check-in. Close to historic downtown Poulsbo. The bed could have been a little firmer for me but overall a nice hotel. I will agree with the previous review my bathroom was very small and dated.

Room Tip: If stairs a a problem ask for main level
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
MicahKim, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Poulsbo, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Dave W, thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your kind words about our hotel and please come visit us again in the near future. Hopefully by then, we would have finished updating all of our bathrooms with fresh new tiles! As of now, we currently finished updating 25% of our rooms with fresh new tiles.
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Very clean hotel. The bathroom in my room was small and dated, but very clean: no complaints other than having a little more space would have been nice.

The people at the front desk were very helpful: Von drew me and my friend a map when we needed to find something to eat late at night. Check-in and check-out were both a breeze and both women who helped were very pleasant.

Housekeeping was good, especially Sarah. She was very sweet and did a GREAT job.

Breakfast was sufficient. I didn't care for the eggs and it was heavy on carbs but there was (very good) yogurt and fruit.

The walls were a little thin, but did not make a difference to me and my friend as we were both very tired each of our two nights. Beds and pillows were WONDERFUL.

No elevator, but wasn't a majorly big deal at all. You can always request to stay on the first floor if needed.

This is a good place to stay, close to the waterfront and downtown Poulsbo, with plenty of places to eat and a Starbucks next door.

Room Tip: ask for a corner room
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
MicahKim, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Poulsbo, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Jesalinda, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so glad you had a nice stay with us! I'm sorry your bathroom was a bit dated, currently we are updating them with fresh new tiles so maybe you can come visit us again. Also, I appreciate mentioning of few employees who deserve good recognitions.
Deer Lodge, Montana
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We visit this charming town and stayed at this hotel due to the great reviews we had seen. Our room was newly renovated with great new tiling in the bathroom and newly painted walls. The room was very clean when we arrived and the beds were very comfy. The staff was absolutely amazing, starting with the pleasant young lady at the front desk (Jessica) to the extremely helpful housekeepers. We felt well taken care of durng our entire stay!!! We will stay here everytime we come and visit the grandkids!

• Stayed May 2014
MicahKim, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Poulsbo, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Schultz_MT, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so glad your visit to our quaint city of Poulsbo was great! We appreciate your feedback regarding our newly renovated rooms and I'll make sure to recognize Jessica for her great service!
Hobe Sound, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2014

After completing a recent long Holland-America cruise in Seattle, we took a few days to relax and visit friends before flying back to our home in Florida from Sea-Tac airport. We preferred to stay over in Poulsbo,WA which was convenient and central to our visits nearby both there and nearby Bainbridge Island. AS choices of stays appear limited in this area, we selected and stayed at this Guesthouse Motel for a couple of nights. The price was moderate, especially since it included a very nice breakfast buffet with many good choices-hot and cold, which varied some from day to day. Service was fine, the room clean and attractive with flat screen TV. Best of all, the hotel is set just back form the main Hwy 301 on a local street lined with strip mall amenities-Starbucks, an Elmer's family restaurant , a superb Vietnamese restaurant (see separate review), many other covenient services-banks, UPS shipping, etc. and only located a few short minutes from the downtown port of Poulsbo, a really nice , cute Scandinavian town with great character, a pretty waterfront and a fun place to walk and explore. Also, the Rt. 30 access to/from the Seattle -Bainbridge ferry is less than a half hour easy drive away as is the lovely little town there, alos with nice stores, restaurants,services.

Room Tip: Do take care to avoid smoking rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
MicahKim, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Poulsbo, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Pickbent, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we are glad you had a great time with us! Hope to see you again in the near future!!
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights. Our room was tidy and quiet, had a microwave and a small fridge so you can get some snacks at the Albertsons one block away. There's a Starbucks in the same shopping center if you need a caffeine fix. The staff were pleasant. The free breakfast was kept well supplied by a friendly woman running back and forth constantly keeping everything well stocked. The eggs were a bit rubbery but edible. There is yogurt, some fruit, cold cereal, bagels, muffins, toast,sticky buns so you should be able to find something to suit you. Coffee not bad either. For the price, this place is just fine. I'd stay there again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
MicahKim, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Poulsbo, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Bldrcoffeeluvr, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We're glad to hear your 3 night stay at our hotel was enjoyable. Also, thank you for your kind words regarding our breakfast hostess, I will make sure she is recognized for her efforts!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Poulsbo
Poulsbo Inn
Poulsbo Inn
#2 of 2 in Poulsbo
Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel
Oxford Suites Silverdale
Oxford Suites Silverdale
#1 of 6 in Silverdale
Best Western Plus Bainbridge Island Suites
Best Western Plus Bainbridge Isl...
#1 of 5 in Bainbridge Island
The Resort at Port Ludlow
The Resort at Port Ludlow
#1 of 1 in Port Ludlow
Baymont Inn & Suites Bremerton WA

Been to GuestHouse Inn & Suites Poulsbo? Share your experiences!