“The best people”

GuestHouse Inn & Suites Poulsbo
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Poulsbo
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 23 July 2014

While the bathroom is small, it is fine. Breakfast treats varied and good. The place is clean, organized, managed by responsible and good people. Folks you can trust to be sure the place is clean, secure, and food healthy

Room Tip: the suites are worth it if you are staying more than a couple of nights
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
MicahKim, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Poulsbo, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear LoisSwen, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your kind words about all of us at the hotel. Its kind words like yours that strives us to be better everyday!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I called this hotel for a reservation while driving to Paulsbo for a meeting and spoke to a young lady named Amber. She was so polite that I just had to stay at this hotel. When I checked later in the day she remembered me calling and had gone ahead and held me a room. She gave me directions, got me into a health club and sent me to a great restaurant. I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: July 2014
MicahKim, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Poulsbo, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Peter C, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Great to hear Amber took such great care of your accommodations! Its kind words like yours that strives us to be better everyday. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed for three weeks while waiting to close on our house. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We asked to switch rooms and they quickly and cheerfully accommodated us. The front desk staff was very friendly. Our morkie also enjoyed his stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
MicahKim, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Poulsbo, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear 920Dick1946, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so glad we were accommodating during your extended stay with us! Its kind words like yours that strives us to be better everyday.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I had a room towards the back of the hotel and had to walk through a very smelly hallway. Ceiling is very low in hallway and not much airflow...thus the smell. Was very worried about the state of my room...but it turned out to be nice and large and did not smell.

I agree the bathroom was very small and the sink was outside of the bathroom...which was fine as I was in room alone. If I had been w/ my spouse I would not have liked the sink outside the bathroom.

Room came equipped w/ fridge and microwave. Air conditioning unit was not too loud and it did keep the room cool.

Mattress was on the soft side, but okay. Lots of pillows to choose from (soft to firm).

The only negative was that the room next to mine had some men who were very, very loud until very late at night. I did not complain to the hotel because the complaint could have only come from my room and w/ adjoining door...didn't wish to have potential harassing noises on door. I supposed I could have requested a room change...but I did not feel like packing up and moving rooms.

There is a nice place to eat across the street (chocolates, great wine and pretty good food). Grocery stores nearby. Historic downtown is a few miles away.

I will stay here again the next time I am in area for business.

Room Tip: No elevator so request 1st floor if stairs are an issue.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
MicahKim, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Poulsbo, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Kate J, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your positive feedback on our rooms but sorry to hear the hallway smelled on your visit. We recently had a large dog show group at the hotel, mainly on the ground floor and we had a professional carpet cleaning company come few days after the event to freshen the hallway carpet. No excuses but I want to ensure we take good care of our hallway carpet. We hope to see you in the near future!

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here recently on a hiking weekend on the Olympic Peninsula. It is in Poulsbo technically but is not in the heart of downtown Poulsbo (with the shopping) if you are wondering. That is true of most of the Poulsbo hotels. The hotel's staff was friendly. I thought the halls were fairly dingy and made me concerned about what the rooms might looks like (it wasn't that they weren't clean, they just felt neglected) but the rooms were the opposite. They were up to date, clean, lovely and look just like the pictures. There was lots of space and I would absolutely stay there again. It is also located near a couple of large grocery stores too which can be very helpful on the road.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear LeslieOSeattle, thank for your taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad your hiking trip to the Olympic Peninsula was safe and sound. Thank you for your compliments about our hotel room and the staff. We are always looking ways to improve the hotel so we'll look into updating our hallways on our future budget.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

By far the best in the area - good value, clean. decent breakfast. Very helpful and friendly at the front desk. Fast Check-in. Close to historic downtown Poulsbo. The bed could have been a little firmer for me but overall a nice hotel. I will agree with the previous review my bathroom was very small and dated.

Room Tip: If stairs a a problem ask for main level
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
MicahKim, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Poulsbo, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Dave W, thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your kind words about our hotel and please come visit us again in the near future. Hopefully by then, we would have finished updating all of our bathrooms with fresh new tiles! As of now, we currently finished updating 25% of our rooms with fresh new tiles.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Very clean hotel. The bathroom in my room was small and dated, but very clean: no complaints other than having a little more space would have been nice.

The people at the front desk were very helpful: Von drew me and my friend a map when we needed to find something to eat late at night. Check-in and check-out were both a breeze and both women who helped were very pleasant.

Housekeeping was good, especially Sarah. She was very sweet and did a GREAT job.

Breakfast was sufficient. I didn't care for the eggs and it was heavy on carbs but there was (very good) yogurt and fruit.

The walls were a little thin, but did not make a difference to me and my friend as we were both very tired each of our two nights. Beds and pillows were WONDERFUL.

No elevator, but wasn't a majorly big deal at all. You can always request to stay on the first floor if needed.

This is a good place to stay, close to the waterfront and downtown Poulsbo, with plenty of places to eat and a Starbucks next door.

Room Tip: ask for a corner room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
MicahKim, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Poulsbo, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Jesalinda, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so glad you had a nice stay with us! I'm sorry your bathroom was a bit dated, currently we are updating them with fresh new tiles so maybe you can come visit us again. Also, I appreciate mentioning of few employees who deserve good recognitions.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Poulsbo
Poulsbo Inn
The Resort at Port Ludlow
The Resort at Port Ludlow
#1 of 1 in Port Ludlow
Best Western Plus Bainbridge Island Suites
Best Western Plus Bainbridge Isl...
#1 of 5 in Bainbridge Island
Hampton Inn & Suites Bremerton

Been to GuestHouse Inn & Suites Poulsbo? Share your experiences!