This was a terrible stay. I won't be verbose, I'll keep it short as possible, but not leave out facts.
We arrived fairly late, there was no line, so a rush is not an excuse for what happened.
Quote from the 1-800 Holiday Inn number was $20 less per room than we were charged when we got to the hotel, same day. No offer by manager to match what we were told, just a shrug of the shoulder.
Hotel apparently offers no military or AAA discount. Who knows if that's really true, since the service was so poor, and the pricing disconnect wreaked of opportunism.
Hotel is "pet friendly". Not informed of such by the 1-800. Critical for those with pet allergies.
Front desk put us in higher dollar pet rooms when we had no pets. We "negotiated" into two non-pet, cheaper rooms. Why the negotiation if you don't have pets, and the non-pet rooms were already available? Why would you charge the customer a higher rate arbitrarily, unless you are dishonest?
One room had mold in the shower grout, along with a disgusting stain on the window curtains. Blood? Something else? No clue.
The other room had plumbing so bad, the bathtub had 4" of standing water in it after a shower.
I will say that the breakfast wasn't bad. Cramped, but you can only do so much with so little space. The lady tending the room seemed to be very friendly, nice, and attentive to cleanliness. I wouldn't want to paint the entire staff as horrible, I only dealt with one manager, and the breakfast room lady.
Perhaps the difference is who you deal with. No difference should be experienced though, treatment/experience should be the same any day, any time. Apparently not the case here based on some reviews.
I have already submitted an "official" complaint to the head office, we'll see how well they take care of customers. That is the ONLY way they can possibly get me to stay in another Holiday Inn Express.
All in all, if this was a $40-60/night hotel, this might have been expected. At $160/night, no way. I'll travel further next time to get ANYTHING else, and so should you.
By the by, I don't know how this hotel is ranked as an overall 3, when the reviews thus far tally up as 2.25. Hopefully with this 1, the hotel will be ranked closer to where it deserves.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in scenic downtown Poulsbo conveniently located from all dining, entertainment, and the marina. Minutes from Naval Base Kitsap/Bangor/Keyport, and the Pudget Sound Naval Shipyard. Within 10 minutes from Kingston, Silverdale, and Bainbridge Island. Enjoy our complimentary deluxe hot breakfast served daily! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your GuestHouse Inn & Suites Poulsbo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Guesthouse Inn And Suites Poulsbo
- Guesthouse Inn & Suites Poulsbo Hotel Poulsbo
- Holiday Inn Poulsbo
- Poulsbo Holiday Inn Express