“Find someplace else” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of GuestHouse Inn & Suites Poulsbo

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
GuestHouse Inn & Suites Poulsbo
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Poulsbo
GreenLeadersSilver level
seattle
“Find someplace else”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2007

This was a terrible stay. I won't be verbose, I'll keep it short as possible, but not leave out facts.

We arrived fairly late, there was no line, so a rush is not an excuse for what happened.

Quote from the 1-800 Holiday Inn number was $20 less per room than we were charged when we got to the hotel, same day. No offer by manager to match what we were told, just a shrug of the shoulder.

Hotel apparently offers no military or AAA discount. Who knows if that's really true, since the service was so poor, and the pricing disconnect wreaked of opportunism.

Hotel is "pet friendly". Not informed of such by the 1-800. Critical for those with pet allergies.

Front desk put us in higher dollar pet rooms when we had no pets. We "negotiated" into two non-pet, cheaper rooms. Why the negotiation if you don't have pets, and the non-pet rooms were already available? Why would you charge the customer a higher rate arbitrarily, unless you are dishonest?

One room had mold in the shower grout, along with a disgusting stain on the window curtains. Blood? Something else? No clue.

The other room had plumbing so bad, the bathtub had 4" of standing water in it after a shower.

I will say that the breakfast wasn't bad. Cramped, but you can only do so much with so little space. The lady tending the room seemed to be very friendly, nice, and attentive to cleanliness. I wouldn't want to paint the entire staff as horrible, I only dealt with one manager, and the breakfast room lady.

Perhaps the difference is who you deal with. No difference should be experienced though, treatment/experience should be the same any day, any time. Apparently not the case here based on some reviews.

I have already submitted an "official" complaint to the head office, we'll see how well they take care of customers. That is the ONLY way they can possibly get me to stay in another Holiday Inn Express.

All in all, if this was a $40-60/night hotel, this might have been expected. At $160/night, no way. I'll travel further next time to get ANYTHING else, and so should you.

By the by, I don't know how this hotel is ranked as an overall 3, when the reviews thus far tally up as 2.25. Hopefully with this 1, the hotel will be ranked closer to where it deserves.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with friends
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
2 Thank d0rian

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hudson's Hope
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2007

I booked the Holiday Inn Express in Poulsbo Washington becuase it was pet friendly. Upon checking in, I was asked how much my pet weighed. It seems they charge 30.00 a day for any pet that weighs over 20 lbs, which my dog did. I was so mad, as this is discrimination toward large dogs. I was ready to cancel our reservation, but as other hotels were full, could not. It spoiled our stay. I felt the condition of the hotel was run down and needed an update. They charged top dollor and it was not worth it. We have traveled many times with our dog and this is the most we have ever paid.

4 Thank lovepoddles
Virginia Beach, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2006

The staff at this hotel is completely incompetent. They over charged me for my stay and they lost reservation information.

• Liked — pet friendly
  • Disliked — rude staff
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled with family
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2005

I guess whiners will always whine.
I read what others have written and I have to disagree with few of the reviews. I had a great time there. my kids loved it. few months back I was there for my sons llittle league and staffs had a bbq in the back for all the quests. That's the sort of people they are. going out of their way to make it feel good to be out. the place is tucked away behind the poulsbo village and was very quite during the night. front desk person was very friendly and very helpful. Breakfast hostess was great. She was very attentive and made sure that our every need was met. Great waffles, cereals, oh, and those afternoon cookies... yum. white cholcolate rasp/strawberry cookies were delicious. they also give out what they call "goodie bag" with bottles of water, cookie, chip, gum. etc. enough to make a good hardy snack. I definately want to stay there whenver I have chance to visit poulsbo.

Oh, cant forget to mention that they have all new furnitures. It's so nice.
I dont have any complaint at all.

• Stayed September 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2005

I wasnt expecting much but got a great inviting staffs who were more than happy to help me in any way. There was minor noise from obvious construction/re-modelling they were doing but did not bother me a bit. The interior lobby looks great. New carpet, and new lobby, all looked immaculate. I have been here before years ago and this new updated look and new management(?) is much much better that what I remember.

• Stayed August 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2005

The management of this establishment was very rude and inflexible to customers. We had to wait until late afternoon for our room to be ready. There were no apologies and when we inquired about a missing item, the manager we talked to was very rude. I had also seen her dealing with another customer the day before when we were waiting for our room and the manager's behavior was simply outrageous. Find somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed July 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2005

I misplaced my husbands wedding ring in the room. I called backed the very next day and was told they had the ring. I asked" what should I do? They said "no problem we will mail it to you". I called back four days later and was told it was mailed out. I called back, a few days after the first call and they were surprised I didn't received it yet. The3rd time I called back and was told they mailed it to the wrong address. The front desk girl reconfirms my correct address and tells me, thats the address she wrote down, someone must have wrote a 2 instead of a 7. She will make sure they get it right when it comes back. Now as I'm going over my bank statement I see a charge that is not familiar to me at all. I try to trace it but the business is already closed. This is now 13 days later, I call the hotel to see where my husbands wedding ring is. They resent it to the wrong address again. I ask the girl how it was sent. I was told," don't worry it was mailed. I ask her again how was it mailed, she didn't know but she'll ask someone. it was sent thru Fed Ex. So here it is two weeks later I've been charged$20.92 and no ring. At no time was I asked or told they were going to put the shipping on my card. I asked to speak to the manager, we get disconnected. I call back and is told he is outside and can't come to the phone. I ask to please have him call me when he gets in. He never calls me back. The next day I call and ask to speak to Mica the manager. He comes on the phone and I ask him if he is aware of my problem. He says yeah I heard something.Right off the bat he says it was remailed to you. So I asked where the ring is at this point in time. He says it's on it's way to you. I asked him why they charged my cc without my permission. He said it's a given. Since they were sending it to me they weren't going to pay for it. I asked him why I wasn't told this first. He repeated it's a given. This is the worst case of incompetence I have witness in a long time.Then after all this I ask,"wasn't my ring resent to the wrong address.His reply"Oh yeah". The bottom line, he is going to investigate and get back to me.

Stayed April 2005
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Poulsbo
Poulsbo Inn
Poulsbo Inn
#2 of 2 in Poulsbo
Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel
Oxford Suites Silverdale
Oxford Suites Silverdale
#1 of 6 in Silverdale
BEST WESTERN PLUS Bainbridge Island Suites
BEST WESTERN PLUS Bainbridge Isl...
#1 of 5 in Bainbridge Island
Flagship Inn
Flagship Inn
#3 of 8 in Bremerton
The Resort at Port Ludlow
The Resort at Port Ludlow
#1 of 1 in Port Ludlow

Been to GuestHouse Inn & Suites Poulsbo? Share your experiences!