“Dont stay here!!”
Review of Manor Farm Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Poulsbo
Manor Farm Inn
Ranked #5 of 7 Poulsbo B&B and Inns
Granite Falls, Washington, United States
“Dont stay here!!”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

It was our 5th Wedding Anniversary, and my husband and I wanted to get away for a nice couples weekend, so we chose the Manor Farm Inn bed and breakfast. We got to our destination, and the front gate was locked, so we thought we would go into the "out" gate, which was open. We drove in and saw a car, so we parked and my husband went up to the house to let them know we had arrived. There was noone there, so we drove to the back of the house where we saw another car. We both get out and go into where it said "office". We went in and said "hello", "hello", still noone answered. So, I decide to use my cell phone to call them. I heard the phone ring and the anwering machine came on so I left a message. We decided to walk around the walkways where all the rooms are, and there is debris and dog poop on the walkways which wasnt at all attractive. We then went out into the barn area to look around, and saw the barn animals, but no humans. We thought this was very creepy and we felt unwelcome, so we decided to just leave and find someplace else to stay for the weekend. We were a little dissapointed, but we found a nice hotel to stay in and they welcomed us with open arms. If your gonna run a business, this is not the way to run it, in my opinion.

Room Tip: Dont stay here if your looking for a romantic getaway.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
15 Thank Jeanette60

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Chestertown, Maryland
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We stayed at the Manor Farm in Poulsbo on 9/17/13 for just one night. City visitors should be aware that the farm is just that, a former working farm which has been converted over the years into a quaint lodge. Although a week day night in the fall, we were still a bit surprised to find that we were the only guests and literally had the place to ourselves after the very genial owner went home for the night. Janet, the owner, is most gracious but clearly has her hands full managing the farm with its' extensive buildings and numerous animals.
Our room (the carriage room) was clean and comfortable and one of maybe seven or eight accommodations. As there was no television or wifi it was clear that Janet intended to underscore that the farm is meant to be a retreat from more urban environments. Janet also hosts numerous weddings throughout the year and the facility is very well suited for entertainment with a beautiful courtyard lawn and large recently renovated airy former barn suitable for dancing and bad weather entertaining. The kitchen appears well equipped for a visiting caterer.
Janet served us a terrific breakfast in one of the cleverly decorated main house rooms (the rabbit hutch) and showed us the larger dining room decorated with a rooster motif. Like our room everything was neat and organized and very pleasant. We would recommend this place for couples.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sergeant P
Silverdale, Washington
Reviewed 9 June 2012

This beautiful Inn and Farm is so lovely and what a great way to leave the city life behind! It is nice and cozy - but the rooms are large and comfortable! You can go for a walk in the woods - visit the animals who live here - and just kick back and relax! They have wood available outside your room to burn in the fireplace in our room! So close to home - but miles away from it all!! I would stay here again!!

Room Tip: All the rooms have their own unique style - and they are even named! I don't think there is a b...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David L
Kingston, Washington
Reviewed 20 August 2011

Stayed here with a close friend when he came to visit, since my cottage is too small for visitors. I felt all my stress and tension melt away simply walking around the grounds. Our room was very large, with a huge comfy bed and no TV or phone. If you need to get away, this is the spot! You'll still be within 10 miles of Poulsbo and about the same distance from the ferry in Kingston, but you'll feel totally isolated and at peace. A little pricey for me but man, the onion frittata at breakfast that I had was worth the price of the room all by itself!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 6 June 2009

This is a very special place to us however we were surprised at how "worn" the Inn has gotten over several years. The rooms were clean but signs of needing a good paint and a few cobwebs are starting to show up. The rooms were large, beautifully decorated and the setting is wonderful. Breakfast was very large (4 courses!!) and good. The animals fun to see but the trout farm seemed a little less taken care of than we remembered. All in all, we love this Inn but need to speak truthfully about how it has changed over the last 15 years.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 97Cab
Seattle
Reviewed 16 February 2009

We never even made it here! We had purchased a gift certificate from the previous owner, who said we could use it any time in our lifetime. (I was not aware that there was new ownership; we had not been contacted by the previous owner to notify us of the change.) I misplaced it a couple of times, and by the time I finally called, I had the misfortune of meeting the new owner. I had to call 3 times to get a return call. I was honest about misplacing the gift certificate on one of my messages. When she finally called back, she was literally yelling at me the moment I answered the phone! A simple, "Gosh, sorry, can't accept it" really would have sufficed. I had to laugh when I read the site and saw something about "friendly". She is one of the rudest people I have ever met. Too bad to have wasted the gift certificate, but she certainly isn't the kind of person I need to meet.

• Disliked — The owner!
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
7 Thank SeattleLizzyTravels
hawaii & washington,
Reviewed 25 July 2008

The place is nice, but shows a little age & use. We were enchanted by the gardens and the overall look and feel of the place. The decor was charming. I loved the fact that there was no TV in the room (we stayed in the Loft). Lots of animals to see and nice little touches all over the grounds to make you smile. The innkeeper was very accommodating, and while I can definitely understand what all the negative reviews are talking about with regard to her treatment, I also happened to get on with her quite well. To enjoy your stay go in with no expectations to be pampered or flattered. She's very no-nonsense.

There are no refrigerators in the units and you have no access to the kitchen, so if you plan on staying on the grounds all day, have small children or don't like eating out, bring a cooler with ice (the ice machine is a tiny one and the water is non-potable)
The Loft is a cute suite and the beds are comfortable, but I was frustrated by the fact that the closet door can't be opened all the way because the bed is too big! There were maybe 2 hangers and no where to unpack my clothes. I hate living out of my suitcase, I always unpack everything as soon as I arrive, but the furniture didn't allow for this. There is a deck of sorts but no attention is paid to it in regards to comfort or cleanliness. A nice place to put your garbage bags though. They do have wireless internet though and nothing beats the sound of the wind through the row of towering trees all day. Very pleasant.

I would recommend this place if you want a quiet retreat to just read or meditate. I would love to go back with a cooler full of food, an I-pod full of music and a suitcase full of good books (and a couple of hangers).

Stayed July 2008
4 Thank concecrated
Also consider these accommodations in or near Poulsbo
Poulsbo Inn
The Resort at Port Ludlow
The Resort at Port Ludlow
#1 of 1 in Port Ludlow
Best Western Plus Bainbridge Island Suites
Best Western Plus Bainbridge Isl...
#1 of 5 in Bainbridge Island
Best Western Plus Edmonds Harbor Inn

Been to Manor Farm Inn? Share your experiences!