“Outstanding Food And Service On My Birthday!”
Review of Burrata Bistro

Burrata Bistro
Ranked #4 of 90 Restaurants in Poulsbo
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Bremerton, WA
“Outstanding Food And Service On My Birthday!”
Reviewed 14 September 2011

A couple of years ago my wife and I had dinner at the Burrata Bistro for our anniversary. The food was good, but nothing extraordinary. And the service was the pits! Our server kept annoying us...either by constantly asking how things were...or by moving stuff around on our tiny table. We also didn't care for the atmosphere. Stark walls made it noisy, tables were so close together we were always bumping the tables next to us, and it was so dark we could barely see what we were eating.

BUT...last night we had my birthday dinner at the paella bar next door (both restaurants owned by the same owner and a walk through from one to the other). It was like night and day. Our server, Jen is a very lovely, gracious, fun, and friendly young lady. She poured us small tastes of a few different Spanish red wines (gratis), so we could decide what to order. Then she ran down the list of NINE daily special tapas. All sounded incredible! When we ordered tapas, we included an order of Spanish Coca Bread (kind of a Foccacia topped with sweet red pepper, roasted garlic and pine nuts). She brought us a half order, explaining that with the other tapas we had ordered, she thought we might prefer that to a full order. And of course we paid half the price. She was right on...that was plenty. We also ordered the Calamari a la Planche (delicious, tender garlicky rings and tentacles sauteed quickly in garlic, butter and seasonings), and two of the daily specials: four little chanterelle tarts made with slightly tough and chewy puff pastry, but great flavor, and five Roasted Figs stuffed with Gorgonzola, served with a Balsamic reduction sauce. This was plenty of food to fill our tummys. Our bill for two glasses of red, the delicious bread, and the three very filling tapas plates was $42.00. We're really looking forward to heading back a few more times to try everything on the menu (including the paella). Food, service, and atmosphere were all impeccable! By the way...the Paella Bar was nearly full when we left around 8:00 and the Burrata next door was nearly empty!

• Visited September 2011
2 Thank Lim48

Melrose, Florida
“It was a great birthday dining experience!”
Reviewed 10 September 2011

Recently enjoyed a birthday trip to the Northwest and knew that our travels would have us in Poulsbo for my birthday. Now Poulsbo is a very quaint and interesting town but it's not very big, and I certainly didn't expect and over-the-top dining experience like I've enjoyed in NYC, Florence, Paris and other such destinations. So when our hosts, who are local residents, recommended Burrata Bistro, we went with no high expectation other than it would be good food. But good doesn't describe each plate we ordered at this awesome tapas establishment. Delightful flavors, superbly prepared and served promptly. And it was made all the better by visits to our table from Alfonso the owner. Yes, it's number one in Poulsbo, but that's not saying enough. This is a number one restaurant in just about any market where great food and great service are valued.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank imafloridacracker
Krakow, Poland
“Wonderful Dining Experience”
Reviewed 6 September 2011

I was visiting friends who live in the area and they regularly go to the Paella Bar. But this was the first time for me, as I live out of state. It has a wonderful ambiance. Our server was very attentive, even asking if we were cold because the door to the restaurant was open. We were cold, so we appreciated her asking us and then closing it. We tried several different tapas. All were very enjoyable. The great surprise for me was that my favorite tapas was the Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta and Manchego. In my 55 years of life, I have never enjoyed eating brussels sprouts! But these were absolutely fabulous-the taste, the texture, everything. The server made our cocktails for us and did an excellent job. Very tasty! I will definitely have the Paella Bar on my list of "places to eat" for my next visit to Poulsbo.

• Visited July 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
“You gotta try this!”
Reviewed 24 August 2011

Once is a while, a unique experience in dining comes your way. This one was in our back yard so to speak. We used to own a small yacht we moored in Poulsbo WA....we came to The Bistro and its adjoining establishment Tapas Bar. It was trendy with awesome food and totally swamped with customers every night. A reservation was required several days in advance to enjoy the Bistro at a reasonable hour. A year or so later after moving to neighboring Kingston WA we called for reservations for a friend's Birthday and got reservations in one day. It was wonderful to come to the restaurant when it was not quite swamped....and our table was waiting for us in the best seat in the house. The service was personal and pleasant and the wine list reasonable and extensive. We chose an Italian Pinot Gris we had never heard of....our server explained it to us (including the after taste) and she was right on. Perfect choice. The dishes were chef tailored and awesome. Not one plate came without each of us raving over it. Mainly Italian menu but varied enough that you would never know it was Italian including fish wrapped in parchment-like paper that looked great. The deserts made the top deserts in the County listing and they were right on. We have had Bread Pudding all over the US and Hawaii and this was the best most unique taste of any. If you want to feel and be special, book a table some time. If not.....then pop over to the Tapas Bar and enjoy the same wine list and endless appetizers to die for.....this place is charming, discriminating, and done with taste......and done well. Our server was literate, capable, and someone you would remember....how cool is that?

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank WAJbcn
Seattle, Washington
“Found Kim and Alfonso from Seattle's Queen City Grill”
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Just by accident my wife and I visited Poulsb this past weekend. Staying on our boat. we usually cook. But we decided to check out some local restaurants. We stumbeled ont Paella Restaurant, Burrata's sister and sharing the same kitchen and ownership. Paella has an extensive menu of delicious Tapas which we ordered many. We parrticularly liked
the sea bass in a red pepper sauce and a great calamari dish. Graet food, well prepared.
Then we recognized Kim. the owner. We knew her from Queen City Grill. She and her husband Alfoso own the two restaurants. Kim is a perfectionist. She preps a lot of the menu, working fourteen hour days. She makes all of the desserts. The pasta is made from scratch daily.
Bueeata has many dark booths and is sexy, like the Queen City. Paella is a little more casual, but beautiful. Both restaurants were full this past Sunday. Families. locals. and tourists.
There is exceptional detail in the food, garnishes, and decor. Check out the bathrooms.
Kim and Alfonso are there to take care if you.

• Visited August 2011