“Good Choice”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Kingston, WA
“Good Choice”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

As you walk down the street in Poulsbo you will see the Sigh for Tizley's but no clear way to get there. Then you sse the sign on the sidewalk that will guide you into a walkway that looks like a dead end concrete wall but as you glance to your left you see a RED door. You walk through the door to be presented with a long staircase to the top. It smells a little musty but don't be fooled. By the time you get to the top of the stairs you will smell the great food cooking. Go to the left for the restaurant seating or to the right for the small bar.

The tables were not set but the silverware and napkins were in the middle of the table, within easy reach. The waitress was friendly and efficient. She got us our drinks rght away. We ordered our food from the intriguing menu and it was served promptly and politely.

Even though this location is a bit quaint, the food and service was good. We will go there again soon.

• Visited July 2013

Bremerton, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely Horrible”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

My husband, son and I went for dinner recently and waited awhile for our food, I lived in Germany twice and know what the food looks like and taste like, and that wasnt even close.. there were 3 little specks of mushrooms on my meat. When my husband asked for napkins the waiter wouldnt bother as he only waited on the table of 8, when hubby got napkins from other table the waiter slammed the container down and refused any other service no water was served only other tables, we had to go find take out container for my food as ive lost use of 1 hand due to fall recently when i said i couldnt cut my meat the waiter laughed and said i should have gave you a spoon,that hurt me. We waited 10 min. for our check so hubby went to ask another waitress for it and she stated that it wasnt her table. then the kareoke machine was turned on extremely loud at the table behind us w/ no warning, guy was mad when asked to turn it down til we left. We had to go 2 more times to ask our waiter for our check which took another 10 min and my hubby having to insist on our check $67 for 3 miserable meals and a horrible time

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Cheryl B
“Dissapointing”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This has always been a "must stop" while in Poulsbo. The beer is excellent and the food even better. However this time we were somewhat less than impressed. Service has always been outstanding, but our waitress seemed unhappy with her job, uninformed about the menue and less than helpful. We wanted to bring the grandchildren along but were told we would not be allowed to bring something they would actually eat......unimpressive for a "family friendly" establishment. We ordered spaghetti and meatballs but the dish we got had no meatballs as that was part of the "adult menue" and the children's portions, which were not on the menue did not have them. Three meatballs the size of grapes finally arrived and we were charged $1.50 apiece for them. I suppose all good things must come to an end. Unfortunate.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Indianol
Poulsbo, Washington
“Best German Food in Poulsbo”
Reviewed 11 May 2013

A pleasant place to have dinner if you are in to German cuisine. They are upstairs and have an outside balcony which is fun on a warm afternoon. It over looks the main street in Poulsbo so you can eat and have one of the variety of beers they offer and watch the people go by. My favorite is the sausage sampler and a Guinness. Other good dishes. schnitzel, rotkohl and spätzle.

• Visited May 2013
Oregon, Illinois
“Kick [--] Bloody Mary!”
Reviewed 3 May 2013

I don't know where to start with this. The food is over the top. Potato salad is my fav! Well maybe the bloody mary. You have to get a bloody mary if you go here. You get half the garden with it and it is sooooooo good. Cool place to visit. Great staff and special orders don't upset them.

• Visited April 2013