“Great German Food”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Port Townsend, Washington
“Great German Food”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

If you can make it up the stairs and love German food, you will enjoy Tizleys. The beer is good too, but try not to go on beer night unless you are part of it as you will have to eat at the bar.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank 993Luvtomove

Seattle, Washington
“Great European fair”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great food and a great beer list. Breakfast is awesome, and dinners. Friendly staff, definatetly a place to go while in Poulsbo, whether your visiting or if you live here.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank John W
Sasebo, Japan
“Schnitzel Good Enough to Please My German Grandmother”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Accessed by walking a few steps down a bricked alleyway and up the stairs to the second floor, we found Tizley's perfectly charming.

It was a beautiful evening so we headed straight for the outdoor seating area overlooking busy Front Street. This turned out to be a great choice since I was easily entertained by the flow of foot and car traffic below me.

The server was very personable and attentive, guiding us through our drink and dinner choices with ease. The menu consists of Italian, German and Scandinavian cuisine, but predominantly German. They also have a dozen different beers they rotate on tap at any given time.

For starters, we had the drunken sausages. The sausage was sliced and braised in a beer and tomato based liquid with some sort of seasoning that I found rather bitter and unpleasant... maybe the caraway seeds? We wished we had ordered the sausage sampler platter instead.

For dinner, I chose the jaegerschnitzel served with spaetzle and rotkohl and the portion size was very generous. The pork was pounded so incredibly thin and the breading was so delightfully light and crispy, my German grandmother would have been proud. I have to say it was some of the best spaetzle I have ever had in a restaurant and the rotkohl was just pickly enough to nicely balance out the other flavors.

I will definitely be returning, although the schnitzel was so good, I don't know if I will order anything else.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank arl3203
Kingston, Washingston
“Sausage Plate was great!”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Good old world German food in a fun atmosphere with cheerful service. The Spaezle was yummy and there was enough sausage to take home for lunch the next day!

Visited December 2013
“Authentic dishes from numerous countries”
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

Great little pub/restaurant upstairs (look for the sidewalk sign otherwise you might miss it). Nice selection of beer on tap including a rotating cask line. The schnitzel was delicious and the spaztle was a bit over cooked. The steak over potatoes was a nice meal that was worth the price. Overall a great spur of the moment dinner stop.

1 Thank Partyof5ish