“It was better before new ownership.”
Review of Jalisco Mexican Restaurant - CLOSED

Jalisco Mexican Restaurant
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

If you want good mexican food, go somewhere else.
There have been several turn overs in the past 2 years. Unfortunately the only improvement has been the decor.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

They improved the interior with more comfortable booths and upgraded decor. Then they upgraded the menu to a more attractive well rounded list of food that is different from several other Mexican places in Poulsbo, that fake Norwegian themed tourist town. Not a single Scandinavian restaurant but at least 5 Mexican, including two in this exact strip mall. This one adjoins a Mexican grocery.
I enjoyed enchiladas with freshly made mole, something not on menus of the other 4 or 5. My spouse had tongue tacos which were good. Their chips and salsa are unique and good.
Service was fine.

2  Thank Malice6
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I've only been once but based on that experience with my wonderful friend Deborah, I will absolutely be back! I ordered the Sopitos with Lengua (tongue) and it was great, mostly because of the delicate meat. I'd never had Sopitos before and I discovered that for my personal taste, it is too much "bread." Next time I'll still get the Lengua but probably as a Torta.

The service was great. They are super nice and when I inquired about the Lengua the chef came out & I asked how long it cooked, etc. Only minutes later, after we were done with our meals, the chef brought out on a small plate some sliced Lengua with lovely garnish for me to enjoy with his compliments. Very professional and impressive!

The decor & lighting are new and modern and clean, very nice! The only negative comment I have is that I was hoping my dish popped a lot more with mexican spices.

I think my friend got Arroz con Pollo and it was pretty good, but again, they really need to kick it up a notch with the spices - not spicEY, spicES. The presentation was beautiful, I attached a picture. Their menu has standard items you'd find in the chains BUT it's only some select items, not a 10-page menu! I do recommend Jalisco and will for sure go there again. Enjoy!

Reviewed 19 January 2014

We ran into Jalisco last night by accident. What a GREAT find! Both the food and the service were excellent. We learned that it is recently under new ownership (about 4 months now). The portions were huge! The owner also brought us a sample of their Jalisco prawns appetizer. YUM! Very nice guy and I hope he stays in business because the food was great!!

Reviewed 10 October 2013

This place is great! The food is fresh, home made, tasty. The staff is wonderfully accommodating! Our family is comprised of a vegan, another is dairy intolerant, one requires gluten free, and a young child to satisfy. Everyone was so happy with the food. Great Carne asada, wonderful tacos, yummy slaw with fresh veggies. Brown rice and black beans are available. The salsa fresca was so fresh and tasty, grilled jalapeños were great. What a pleasant surprise! Try this place, you will be so happy you did!

1  Thank AllisonB_9