“Great Breakfast Selection, But Food Is Average”

Elmer's Restaurant - Poulsbo
Ranked #11 of 89 Restaurants in Poulsbo
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: A Northwest favorite since 1960. Our 25 locally owned Elmer's Restaurants take pride in their communities and source local, farm-fresh ingredients.
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My wife and I went here for breakfast for the first time. Had we not offered to sit at the four seat bar, we would have had to endure a 20-30 minute wait at 10:30 a.m. on a Saturday. Folks who came in as we were leaving were told they'd have an hour wait. For what? As another reviewer stated, “There are so many better places in Poulsbo to eat."

Anyway, while our waitress was very nice and attentive, she spent much of her time talking to friends seated with us at the bar. They have a large selection of items from which to choose. My wife and I both had their Bacon Tillamook Potato Cakes with two eggs and I added a tiny side serving of country gravy for 79 cents. The country gravy was meh!...wouldn't order anything with it as it was pretty tasteless. And the bacon that came with our breakfast was not at all crisp, but chewy and fatty. But the potato pancakes were really quite tasty...grated potatoes fried crisp that were very cheesy with Tillamook cheddar for ten bucks. My decaf coffee was excellent, but I'm still getting used to paying $2.50 for coffee. Atmosphere is zero...a couple of big open rooms. The only reason I'd return is to try their Dutch Baby...a big eggy pancake. They don't call it that, but that's what it is.

There are newer reviews for Elmer's Restaurant - Poulsbo

Reviewed 22 June 2014

The food was so-so, there was gum on the bottom of the table (and trust me, once you realize there's gum on the bottom of your table it's all you think about the entire meal!), and the staff was unequipped and annoyed when I asked questions about ordering with my allergy restrictions in mind. Poulsbo has an amazing amount of really great, independently owned restaurants for such a small town - please don't waste your time heading to Elmer's

1  Thank travelerwannabe32
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We have eaten at Elmer's all over the place, but did not have one near us unless we were headed to SeaTac. We are ecstatic. The German pancake is simply the best breakfast on the planet. We look forward to planning our trips so we can eat there as often as possible.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We were happy to see that the Taprock was now an Elmer's, since my parents are big fans of the Elmer's in Couer d'Alene and Vancouver. The menu is much better than Taprock's (even though we have heard they are owned by the same company) and prices are better. We've only been there for breakfast so far, but it's good to have a reliably decent place for breakfast in Poulsbo. Service was great and our waitress was very nice.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Please don't go here you will only crowd the place and I won't be able to get in. Kidding this is the place to enjoy a meal at anytime you like a very good place to eat with your family.