“Gluten Free Pizza was Yummy!”

That's A Some Italian Ristorante
Ranked #26 of 90 Restaurants in Poulsbo
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Kingston, Washingston
“Gluten Free Pizza was Yummy!”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This place has been a landmark in Poulsbo for many years. I had not eaten there in a while, since pizza is not something I get to enjoy. But walking by seeing the huge "Gluten Free" sign, we got an outside table and had a great meal! Thanks for adding gluten free, so more of us can enjoy your wonderful little friendly restaurant! NICE!!

• Visited June 2014

Poulsbo, Washington
“great little italian eatery in Poulsbo”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I love this bistro. Their Gourmet pizza is heavenly and can be customized to your special liking. My husband goes for the spaghetti Bolognese. Last time I ate there I had the steamed clams ~ delicious little morsels in a garlic-wine-butter broth that just begs sopping up with focaccia. Try to get there when Tom Pelland, the owner, is on board ~ terrific sense of humor and passion for good food and good times. Always a good evening!! Cheers

• Visited May 2014
Poulsbo
“Okay food - service not so much”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

When we moved to Poulsbo 3 years ago, one of the first chores was to find a nice Italian restaurant. We loved the name and tried their cuisine, all of which was very tasty - so we became regular customers. But during the last year or so we noticed somewhat of a decline in quality - and even our neighbors and local friends seem to share our experience. We can handle the slight hit or miss thing as far as the food is concerned, depending on what we order - so we kept going back, albeit less often, hoping for things to improve.

But what really bothered us was the quality of service. It became a tad slow and sloppy and hasn't changed - last time we were there was in January 2014. The servers still sometimes forgot items we ordered, or we got the wrong order, some gave us the bill without asking if we wanted anything else or a dessert, and some of them were just not very cheerful. Maybe they are rushed because there are not enough servers for the number of customers. It's a tough job for sure. So we haven't gone back for a few months - but it's a shame. The location is fantastic, and there are not many Italian restaurants in Poulsbo to begin with.

• Visited January 2014
Seabeck, Washington
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

First, and last, visit. Maybe that isn't fair, but I had the French Dip (Roast Beef thinly sliced and piled on a toasted French roll with a rosemary Au Jus dip and served with chips). Didn't taste the rosemary in the Au Jus dip, and the most disappointing thing was the roast beef. It tasted old, like a couple of too many days old type of old. If I had not been with a co-worker, and in a pinch for time, I'd have sent it back and got something else. It didn't impress, and I'll stick with Campana's, or Arby's if I want better Roast Beef.

• Visited April 2014
Bainbridge Island, Washington, United States
“Falls Short”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

First the disclaimer - let me say we cook and eat Italian, we've eaten Italian in Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Italy. For most this is a good value and a good meal.
Pro's = the house (red) wine was much better than one would expect. the salad was fresh and delicious, the bread was a bit bland but good. Olive oil and balsamic is on the table. Serving sizes are generous. Service was good, staff was friendly. Prices reasonable. Good views of water across from parking. Definitely has an old style Italian charm to it.
Con's = The Chicken Parmesan was disappointing. The chicken was tough, as though it was frozen and not thawed properly before cooking therefore making the meat much tougher than it should have been. The pasta with Bolognese was heavy on wine, tasting burnt. Not sure of the meat that was used but there was no flavor of beef, pork perhaps because of the overpowering burnt wine taste. No taste of sage, or fresh crushed tomato. Now recipes can vary (southern vs. northern) but this was disappointing. I will add I have a very strong sense of smell and taste therefore much more sensitive to flavors than others.
If you have picky eaters and go with something basic it may be a good choice. Looks like the reviews they post upon entering are a bit old, this place can have great potential if they hit the rest of the marks, entrees fall short but we only had two and can not speak to the remainder of the menu. I will add we decided to forego dessert in anticipation it would be disappointing based on the entrees.

• Visited March 2014