“Love this place.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Poulsbo
Green Cat Guest House and B&B
Ranked #1 of 7 Poulsbo B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Have stayed at the Green Cat several times. Can't think of a place I'd rather stay. It's located on a hillside meadow in the countryside a few miles from Poulsbo. My rooms have always been immaculate and comfortable. Food is great. The owners are a delight as are very familiar with Kitsap County and the Seattle area. What else can I say? It's a great place to stay, whether visiting Seattle or the Olympic Peninsula for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I understand a lot of work goes into running a B&B so I feel bad mentioning anything negative, but I don't get away very often (kids) and wanted to have a great place to stay. Staying here I was a bit disappointed. I read all the reviews and chose the Green Cat because of its large king bed and above average reviews. We stayed two nights, and this is what I experienced: a very friendly cat that does scratch at your door at 6 am; bland egg breakfasts (an overcooked frittata one day and a very veggie omelet the other); burned croissants (so burned I couldn't believe they would be served), and ricotta cheese stuffed french toast that I couldn't slice through with a knife; a fruit bowl with overripe oranges and bananas; hollow walls (neighbors that stayed up until 5 am!); a mini fridge in-suite that had old leftover food; and a quarter mile gravel dirt road with many pot holes to maneuver. On a positive note: Ken is friendly enough; the grounds are picturesque; the location is central for visiting nearby towns; good coffee and orange juice, and a decent serving of fresh cut fruit on Greek yogurt; solid shower pressure; great "soft" water; and a very comfortable bed.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Explore_around
Kimberly K, Owner at Green Cat Guest House and B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Our job and our joy is to provide comfort, relaxation and great breakfasts! We're so sorry this person was dissatisfied with their stay. We sent them a gift certificate in hopes that their next visit to The Green Cat Guest House lives up to its reputation over the last decade.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

The Green Cat was my first bed and breakfast experience in probably over 10 years and it was such a charming, comfortable, friendly stay that I will be sure to incorporate more bed and breakfasts in my family's future accommodations.

We were looking to get outside the city and decided to look for a place near Bainbridge Island with access to Port Townsend. My husband found the Green Cat in Poulsbo. It is a lovely big property in the woods / country. Their grounds are full of fruit trees, elf homes, slugs, organic herbs, an evergreen grove... We met a mama and baby deer while we were there! AND, we had a nice kitty cat spend some time with us in our room (of course the owners asked if we would like the cat and my daughter was all for it). The green cat theme throughout was quirky and fun.

This really was the best of what I expect a bed and breakfast experience to be: quiet, room with a VERY comfortable bed, private lanai and private bathroom, and an excellent breakfast (and I wish I could find out what coffee they served, it was excellent) with friendly conversation with other travelers. The owners of this B & B should be proud, they have a great thing going!

Room Tip: we had a downstairs room, it sounds like the upstairs rooms are preferred but I liked the room we st...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jbrown246
Reviewed 11 August 2013

My wife and I spent a great, relaxing weekend at the Green Cat, on the Kitsap Peninsula, an easy ferry ride from Seatlle. The Green Cat is out in the country, and sits on several acres of beautifully landscaped grounds, with lots of spaces to lounge around and a welcoming hot tub. The rooms are charmingly decorated, and Ken and Kimberly are terrific hosts, friendly and warm, but not intrusive. The breakfasts are to die for, with plenty of choices for every kind of diet. The friendly breakfast room invites you to meet the other guests, who seem to come from all over the world. Nearby Poulsbo is a lively town, and the Geen Cat is within easy driving distance of Olympic National Park, where we spent one of our days hiking and exploring.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Made a last minute decision to visit Poulsbo from Seattle and found room at the Green Cat. Delighted we found this place and would have stayed longer if we had the time. Hosts were lovely, room was superb, Lavender Room, grounds to walk in idyllic and setting was picture postcard.We had some bread cheese and wine on patio and later in the evening made use of the hot tub, the first time I had been in one outside. Breakfast was eggs and bacon on a warm croissant followed by greek yoghurt with berries, plenty of tea and coffee, tea and coffee also in room if you wished, however we had some in communal lounge and chatted to other guests. If we're ever over from Scotland again will visit once more.

Room Tip: We were in the Lavender Room which was the least expensive and was great so the others must be equal...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2013

My husband and I stayed here on our wedding night. We originally booked one of the cheaper rooms, since the master suite had already been booked by someone else. when we came to check in, the hosts were gone, but they had left a note saying there was a cancellation and they had upgraded us to the master suite! They even left the door unlocked for us. The room was wonderful and the bathroom was amazing. The tub is deep and it was the perfect place to relax after all the wedding pandemonium. They even supplied champagne for us! The house and grounds are beautiful and so peaceful. In the morning we had granola with cream and fresh blueberries from their property. One other couple was staying there and it was nice to have breakfast with company. We spent the rest if our honeymoon in Oregon, but could have easily stayed our whole honeymoon here. Defiantly would recommend to anyone looking for a peaceful place to unwind. *side note: we stayed here September of 2005

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Our stay at the Green Cat was superb. It's tucked away in one of those "I-had-no-idea-this-was-here" kind of spots and was surrounded by beautifully landscaped and gardened property. Kimberly and Ken were both very gracious and helpful. Sleep was comfortable and quiet in a pleasantly decorated room. The whole house looks like it's had a major restoration in the past few years and everything is up to date. The common room was especially nice with coffee service, refrigerator, cooking facilities, a great view and a washer/dryer combo. In the morning, Ken served us a generous and tasty breakfast of eggs, sausage, asparagus, corn bread and fresh fruit in crème fraiche. Delicious! We’d recommend the Green Cat to anyone!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple