“Yummy!”

Dining options: Takeout
Seattle, Washington
“Yummy!”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This is my go-to place for the best pastry and cookies on the peninsula. My husband's favorite is the muffins. I like to take visitors from out of town to shop here for the experience. Atmosphere is quaint and smells amazing!

• Visited May 2014

Salem, Oregon
“Usually great, but really lacking this trip”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Every time we visit the Kitsap Peninsula we go to Sluy's. The place is usually amazing and has the best variety of pastries and baked goods. Wanting to beat the rush on Sunday morning I went there early. I saw online that they open at 4:30, so I thought by getting there at 7:30 I would have my choice of all the delicious, fresh pastries, but I was WRONG. Our favorites are the Viking Cups, which I was told would be ready in 2 hours. Are you kidding me? Come back in 2 hours for the bakery's most popular items? I then ordered two of the apple/nut rolls with their famous cream cheese frosting and one of the pull apart breads on display in the window. I was pretty disappointed in both options, I would bet they were left over from the day before.
One thing that has always bothered me about Sluy's is that they don't have any of the bakery items priced. You have no idea how much something is unless you ask, and it sucks to have to ask.

• Visited August 2014
“Amazing ”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Weekly trip from the Harbor to get these donuts! Kids love the Viking & gingerbread man donut! All the donuts were delicious!!! See you next week for more! Would love to see a chocolate peanut butter donut!!!!

2 Thank Partyof5ish
silverdale,wa
“Always fun place”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

By fun, I mean that it's always fun to go in there and smell the awesome smells of fresh baked foods and hear the excited voices of the folks around you as they try to make their choices. Oh, did I say the folks around you? 'Cuz I always have a problem making my 2nd and 3rd choices. My 1st is always a couple of crispies which are flat pastries baked with cinnamon sugar till it kinda makes a glaze and when I get home, I spread them with butter for a real taste treat. They also bake REALLY bear claws with fig filling like they'really s'posed too. We try to hit there once a month or so.

• Visited August 2014
Seabrook, Texas
“Really good”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

One word...chovannah! (Sp?) seriously good donut, like a twist with mild peanut butter & cocoa instead of cinnamon. Grab a box and head over to the gazebo I'm waterfront park, very nice morning! Their Danish donut, maple bar (which also happens to come in doughboy size), pecan roll and custard filled are also delicious. And no, I didn't eat those all in one go, Sluys is an institution and we come here with every trip to the PNW. Oh and then there's the Viking donut, well clearly everything's not bigger in Texas.