“Wine Valley Inn, owned by the Barn Motor Inn”
Review of Vintner's Lodge

Vintner's Lodge
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Prosser
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Last minute trying to get reservations in Prosser and everyone was booked up. Told by the Limo people to try the Wine Valley Inn and they had 2 rooms/2 queen beds. Very pleasantly surprised. Loved the rooms, clean, modern and reasonable price! My only problem was we were told that when we got there we would have a van to drop us off at the wineries..when we arrived (12:30 afternoon) the hotel was closed and no one around at all..no van..no nothing. I was glad I remembered the person that took my reservation mentioned that they owned another property so we drove there and rounded someone up. It all turned out fine and we were on our way promptly, but if you stay here - make sure you get an emergency phone number, etc. All in all, would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Besthen

Reviewed 28 March 2013

We were planning to stay at the newly renovated Wine Valley Inn "the old Prosser Motel" but it was all booked out. The front desk clerk suggested that we stay at THE BARN which is now owned by the same people as the Wine Valley Inn. The clerk "Chris" called down to the Barn and let them know that we were coming, when we arrived they were very friendly and got us into a room right away. The real treat for us however was the restaurant - this place serves a great steak which I had Friday night, my wife had the Alfredo and said that it was real good as well. From some of the locals I was told to try the Prime Rib made fresh on Fridays and Saturday nights, I found this out because they were already sold out on Friday night. On Saturday both of us got the PRIME it was exceptional. We will be back to the Barn. And by the way the room was good to and when they get done with renovations they will be great.

Room Tip: The view is better from the second floor
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Darin S
Reviewed 13 October 2012

I called ahead asking for an upstairs. Get there and they give us a downstairs but say no ones above. Ok fine. Come back to our room hours later. Open the door and someone's sleeping in it! So the owner upgrades us to a suite. Well ok that's fine. Next morning someone above was walking so hard and it was loud at 7:30 am! Went to the office told the owner had maybe 4 hours OS sleep and get woke up at 7:30. She could care less. Was unwilling to even comp half the night! I don't care about a suite! We were there to sleep and I could't even get that! Will definetly not be back!

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank enjcs88418
Reviewed 12 October 2010

We took our chances and booked a room here based on the several good reviews it had received and only one negative review. We were coming to Prosser to due a grape stomp and wine tasting, and I was pretty sure that after a day of fun at the wineries we wouldn't be in any condition to drive back over the mountains! Nor did I expect to be particularly picky at that point when it came to having a fancy place to stay, all I cared was that it was clean. The Barn Motor in exceeded my expectations: it was clean, friendly service, and several wineries were within easy walking distance. Yes it is fairly basic, but for our purposes we could care less. We had a decent breakfast at the restaurant in the hotel, but we were also able to walk to one of the wineries for an excellent dinner the night before. There is also a fun little pizza/pub within walking distance that does karaoke if the wine tasting hasn't done you in and you are looking for a litte evening entertainment. We will definitely stay here again next time we are in Prosser!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Trelleysgirl
Reviewed 10 October 2010

No economical choices in this town. I guess they think the wine thing makes them really special. That said, the Barn Motor Inn offers decent value (relative to local options). We were attending a local winery dinner and decided we'd rather spend money on wine than more expensive accommodations in the local mediocre chain motel that is hugely overpriced. The Barn Motor Inn served its purpose fine for a night. It's circa 1970s interior, but the room was clean, the TV worked and got all the standard cable stations, and the mattress was new enough to offer good support. We asked for a quite room and got one. Both of us slept pretty well. The front office staff was pleasant and they had fresh coffee in the morning (no continental breakfast here).

We didn't eat at the restaurant, but stopped in to check it out. The hostess gave us glasses of water to drink while we were just standing around because we told her we'd been drinking a lot of wine. Menu prices looked fairly reasonable and they have a rather random assortment of antiques and local cattle brands to decorate the place.

I'd stay here again for a night for the same reason we chose it in the first place. We've stayed in much newer and nicer places for less in other locales, but Prosser just doesn't have much to choose from. The Barn Motor Inn sure beats a DUI trying to drive to the Tri Cities or Yakima to overnight after drinking.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MarkSSeattle
Reviewed 3 March 2010

We stayed to do an off season self wine tour, and the staff made us feel real comfortable and welcome. The restaurant was filled with antiques and the menue was diverse. I ordered something they called the Tender Burger and what a treat-I is a Filet Mignon butterflied and pounded into a burger and served with Horse Radish. something wierd until I tried it.. WOW!!!

A must stop and stay if you want the inside guide to the valley and where to go when touring the wineries.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank bigashcigars
Reviewed 26 September 2009

Stayed during the Hot Air Balloon Rally. Friendly folks and what I expected for the price. The room was very clean (and I am pretty picky about cleanliness). Beds were uncomfortable but, again, to be expected for the price.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank jessica7777
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prosser
Best Western Plus The Inn At Horse Heaven
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Prosser - Yakima Valley Wine
Best Western Plus Grapevine Inn

Been to Vintner's Lodge? Share your experiences!