Inn at Desert Wind Winery
US$63
US$61
US$98
Hotwire.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

We were in the area celebrating my wife's birthday and decided to have dinner here and taste a little wine. We got to tour the rooms and they are definitely upscale and well appointed. Enjoyed a great dinner and had a thoroughly enjoyable time. Special thanks to Arieca for the tour and first class treatment. We will be back.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sgthompson56
Reviewed 16 January 2013

My boyfriend surprised me with a trip to the Columbia Valley and our first two nights were spent here. I could NOT have been happier! The room was GORGEOUS, as were the incredible views from the balcony! The breakfast each morning was a really nice touch, as well as the tasting upon arrival and the bottle of wine in our room! I would LOVE to stay at this hotel again!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Sacajawea - LOVED it!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2012

We spent one night here and that was enough. We were exhausted. Although they mention the rooms overlook the river, they forget to mention they overlook the noisy freeway as well. And on the other side of the building is the train tracks. We were unable to enjoy the balcony as the freeway traffic was too noisy and there were bugs everywhere. Entrance to the rooms after 5pm was a metal 'fire staircase' on the back of the building. The huge 2 person shower was nice --- except there is only one shower head so a bit unusable for 2. Definitely do the VIP wine tour - was fun and worth the $20. Dinner in the winery restaurant was really good - the chef was pleasant and informative. All in all the rooms were clean and nice. The winery was nice, but we would not stay here again for $325.00

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank LorMar13
Reviewed 21 December 2011

Alright, I need to add my experience here - I understand that the booking process is an important aspect of anywhere you stay, but I think the overall 2-star review for the accomodations here is unwarranted.

I booked a last-minute stay at Desert Wind last week after an opening came up (another person cancelled). I called around to a few B&B's and other places in the area but thought that this place looked cool enough that I requested to be waitlisted. They gave me a call to let me know that a room opened up, and I'm glad we stayed!

There are only 4 rooms here. They're all very new (as is the winery, it seems) and in great condition. I stayed in the Jean Baptiste room: super comfortable king bed, flat screen wall-mounted TV, a nice balcony (unfortunately looking out over the highway in our case, but better than nothing) and a beautiful bathroom. Large mini fridge, gas fireplace and tastefully decorated, which is more than I can say for most of the B&B's in the area - they all redmind me a little bit too much of my grandmother's house. The bathroom here was really great - nice big shower with floor-to-ceiling glass. The showerhead kind of sucked, though. And it was always super, super cold with the A/C on full blast even though I'd turned the heat on.

Rooms come with breakfast every morning, and a free bottle of wine when you arrive. We'd had a lot of wine already once we checked in, so we just took the bottle with us. The breakfast was just ok - there were some standouts (amazing peach scone with peach glaze, great cheeses and fruit paste with a small baguette) but some duds as well (boring fruit selection, grocery store granola, costco pastry). The coffee in the room is Gevalia, which was pretty bad. There's some kind of little t-cup brewing system that was really strange.

the mini-bar snacks were actually pretty reasonably priced: they had Fran's dark chocolate gold bar bites for $1.50, which is pretty much what you'd get one for at the grocery store. And free bottled water - cool!

A note on their late check-in procedure: first they tried to send late check-in instructions to the wrong email address (the people who cancelled their stay, I think?), then they got my email address wrong. Finally the day we arrived I called them and they quickly sent the instructions to the correct email address. You arrive and walk up a set of outside stairs and punch in a code to get a key that opens the door. Then you put it back, I guess? (Sorry that's so vague - my husband did that part!)

When you get inside, your room is just open, which is a little weird, and your key is inside. I'm sure it's all a lot more normal if you arrive during business hours (10-5?) but we had an all-day event we were attending, and that wasn't possible for us. The outside stairs are well-lit, but there are SPIDERS EVERYWHERE and there's lot of highway noise - it isn't the most pleasant way to come and go, for sure.

I think this is great, but other people might be put off by it: this seems like a really antisocial setup, so if you're used to friendly B&B's, staying here might come as a bit of a shock. We made our reservations, showed up, punched in a number to get in, got to our room, stayed, had a very nice woman deliver breakfast in the morning, and just left our keys when we checked out. Hardly any human contact at all. It's probably great for the owners (less hassle dealing with guests) but it kind of felt like a computer was running things! I'm actually OK with this, but again - you might not like it as much as me :)

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Stephanie E
Reviewed 4 November 2011

We spent one night at the Desert Wind Winery Inn which was more than enough. We slept poorly as our room was cold and the auto fan very noisy. The noise was so loud we could not hear the TV. The remote would not adjust for volume or mute. The door to the balcony would not shut properly. There was no one on site to address these problems nor was there a phone number to call for assistance. After reporting these problems upon checking out the next morning ( we had to wait until 10 AM for someone to arrive) we were told there was still no one available to speak with about the room. The next day we received a call. We were told the thermostats are remotely controlled and cannot be adjusted individually; there has never been a problem with the door; a separate remote is needed for the TV volume control; there is a number to call for assistance on the nightstand (we looked for one but found only a note saying don't touch the TV. The bed was comfortable and the breakfast very nice. We were given a 10% discount for our displeasure.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple