“Great stay in Pullman!”

Holiday Inn Express Pullman
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Pullman
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This Hotel seems to get things right. All of the staff we encountered on a four night stay were very courteous and helpful. When we checked in,the whirlpool tub was not working correctly. We notified the front desk the following morning,they sent someone up right away and replaced the timer and checked everything out. The A/C unit in the room worked better than most I have seen lately. The room stayed quietly comfortable in 100 degree heat outside. The room and hallways were quiet,even though the hotel was pretty close to filled each night. Some places are like crackerboxes! In all,we were quite satisfied with this Hotel,and plan to make the Holiday Inn Express our first choice for our future travels to Pullman while our Son attends WSU.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 5ptelk

Reviewed 18 July 2014

The motel was nice, clean, people were friendly, breakfast was good with cereals, pastry, eggs, bacon or sausage. But there was one thing that bothers me a lot and it seems to be a growing trend in our country. There was no bible in the room. When I asked at the desk, they gave me very lame excuse." Holiday Inn has a no clutter policy for our rooms". Since when is a bible in a drawer, clutter......
I stay in lots of Holiday Inns, and find bibles in the vast majority. If ownership doesn't support my views and beliefs then I cannot support there's.

Because of this I will not stay in this motel again, I moved to the La Quinta in Moscow on the remainder of my stay in Pullman.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Jim B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pullman, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Jim B,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are pleased you liked the cleanliness of our hotel and the breakfast selections we offer. On the other hand, we're sorry you were not well satisfied with your stay with us. Please be assured that your comments have been documented and will be forwarded to our management for improvements. Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 9 July 2014

This hotel was great! It is very clean and in a nice area. The room was a great size and a great price. Breakfast was definitely good and had lots of options and the service was wonderful. The only complaint I have is the bed was terribly uncomfortable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Travis P
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Recently stayed with another parent for WSU Alive event. I liked how close it was to the school - easy access. The room was fine and the breakfast was the usual fare, but also fine. The front desk staff was friendly and made a good restaurant recommendation, in my opinion (plus you get a 15% discount at that restaurant if you show you are staying here). Cookies are served in the evening but you had better get them early cause they run out fast. Didn't use the pool because that requires putting on a swimsuit so no opinion there but it looked fine. My only gripe was that they left the back door open all day for the people moving furniture in and out. This was close to our room and I think that is why we had what I hope was a large beetle and not a roach in our room. I did call the front desk about it and was told they would send someone in the morning. That didn't really do us any good since we were leaving in the morning but yet we were kind of creeped out for the night.

Room Tip: Normally I think a room toward the back would be good because it is quieter - away from the lobby an...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Karen723
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The rooms were not 5 star rooms at all - more like 3.5 but the customer service was so wonderful that I had to give this place a 5 star. I had a great stay here, breakfast was better than normal, the lobby was really comfortable with a big screen tv, comfy couch and fireplace and everywhere there were personal touches - old books, hanging flower baskets (no silk here), a really nice outdoor sun patio. The place was really clean and well maintained in a quiet location within walking distance of a pretty good restaurant. The staff was so good to me - I had a 6 hour layover between work and flight time. I had already checked out at 6:30 am but after I worked they said I could come back to the hotel, they kept my bags, carted me all over town in the hotel shuttle, picked me up and then even let me use the pool and sun deck while I waited to fly out, all with a SUPER accommodating attitude. That is what got me - they could not do enough to help me while I waited for my flight and even told me my flight had been delayed so the extra hour before they took me back to the airport I could wait in the comfort of the lobby and not in the bony chairs of the airport. They went above and beyond for me and I really appreciated that. A homey place to stay when visiting the school/town.

Room Tip: The hallways in this place are really long...so if you have a lot of bags, are disabled or have kid...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank happyhopper
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This is an unexpectedly nice place: clean and welcoming. We stayed in Room 307 which had a nice-enough view. It's a suite, but with a few strange design choices:

1) You enter into the living room, walk through a short 8-foot long hall past the bathroom on the right and then into the bedroom. Nothing odd about that. However, the hall has heavy doors on each end presumably so that the bedroom and living room can be separated. The problem with this is that the only ventilation and air-conditioning is in the bedroom. If the bedroom door is closed, there would be no circulation in the bathroom or living room and no natural light either since the bedrooms has the only window.

2) The combo A/C and heater unitis controlled by a thermostat on the wall that is impossible to set correctly. Set it to 67F and it blows air that is too cold. Set it to 68F and the heater comes on making it too warm. There is no setting to enable only the AC or only the heat.

Also, our housekeeper never cleaned our coffee maker or replenished the supplies despite a conversation with the front desk.

On the plus side, the living room has a large counter with storage space, a bar sink, small refrigerator, coffee maker and microwave.

There's a guest laundry room which also houses the ice machine and vending machine. So it gets pretty hot in there. And, even thought there is plenty of empty space for one, there is no shelf or counter in the room to fold clothes.

The staff is friendly and, except for our housekeeper, efficient. The hotel is quiet at night and within a few miles of some nice restaurants. You get a free and adequate breakfast including a pancake machine and a buffet with eggs and meat (in case you're into the whole carnivore thing). They keep the TV on in the breakfast room all the time, but at least it wasn't tuned to Fox "News."

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pullman, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear PhotoCitizen,

Thank you for writing a detailed review about your recent stay. We are happy to read that you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and friendly staff. On the other hand, it is regrettable that the room layout and air conditioning system did not meet your expectations. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience these aspects may have caused.

Your comments are very importance to us as they allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. We hope that if your travels brings you back to our area you would give us another opportunity to provide the excellent accommodations you were expecting.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Came for a 2-day stay with teenagers in tow. This was our second visit. Booked a suite large enough to fit a rollaway. 2-room suite was large, immaculate and well-appointed. Linens for the pull-out sofa bed were kept in a nice bin. Bathroom well stocked with towels and usual appointments. Room A/C system worked well. This hotel is kept with attention to detail -- such as bath tissue folded by room service. Friendly, cheerful staff, helpful front desk staff is very well-tuned to what is going on at WSU. Pool is nicely kept, nice touches like towels neatly draped over backs of poolside chairs. Warm cookies put out in the evening. Social area has a nice TV.

Only downside is breakfast is average hotel chain fare: offerings are standard pre-packaged fare -- the eggs, biscuits, breakfast meats, had that "shipped frozen" look and taste. No restaurant on site, although fast food delivery service is available in the area. Nice little gift shop on first floor. Hotel is conveniently located near cinema, small business district with places to eat, within easy walking distance.

This is an excellent value -- I've had to pay much more elsewhere for less comfort. The property is about 20 years old, but rooms and common areas newly remodeled (first floor renovations underway at time of writing). I like comfort on the road, and find it here.

Room Tip: Book as soon as you know you are visiting if you want a suite, particularly if a major WSU event is...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank JSWKingsfield
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pullman
Residence Inn Pullman
Hilltop Inn
#3 of 6 in Pullman
Best Western Plus University Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Moscow Pullman

Been to Holiday Inn Express Pullman? Share your experiences!