“Late arrival”

American Travel Inn
American Travel Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Pullman B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We pulled in around 1am and was quickly taken care of. The value for the hotel was very good. We knew we would not be staying long so we didn't want to spend a lot of money. The room was clean and the beds comfortable. The air conditioning worked great. To top it off a wonderful restaurant was right next to us. It was great.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 July 2013

I stayed here for my niece's wedding and I was a little afraid after reading some of these reviews. I nearly called them to ask if I should be bringing my own bedding -- I threw a sleeping bag in my car just in case. I was pleasantly surprised. My room had been freshly painted. The bedding was very clean and comfortable. The shower head did not rip my skin off. It is old, it's no 4 or 5 star hotel, but I would stay again. The staff were friendly and accommodating and those I dealt with did not seem to present any language barriers. However, I could have spent $30 more and stayed at a much nicer hotel. I paid $93 total for a double queen room. One advantage is the restaurant next door that has amazing food!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2013

This is a TERRIBLE roadside motel. The exterior is old and rundown, looks like a set from a horror movie. The doors to the rooms (all facing the parking lot) are extremely flimsy and do not sit perfectly in the frames. Doors use real keys (like you would have to your house)--no fancy electronic locks here! The door has a single deadbolt that would be simple to kick in. There is also absolutely no soundproofing--even with the door shut and locked you might as well be sitting on the freeway. The hotel feels extremely unsafe and the price they charge for such a crappy experience is outrageous. The front desk also has several prominent signs about refunds not being issued for the first night once you have checked in, suggesting that this hotel is often used for less than legal purposes. Which is believeable, because the incompetent staff (who don't even have a computer in the front!) immediately turn a deaf ear and pretend to no longer speak English when you have a problem. Travelers, BEWARE--even staying a bit out of town in Colfax or Moscow is a better choice (and cheaper!) than staying here!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank liz688_13
Reviewed 22 September 2012

If you decide to get a room there stay clear of ROOM 247. OH MY GOSH IT WAS HORRIBLE!!!! I cannot believe that these people can actually charge you $170.00 a night in this horror film. There was hair in the sink. Toilet seat broken. OLD & MOLDY SMELLING. And I'm not even sure the sheets were clean. The pillows were like rock. It was so dark and old that we were scared to sleep without the lights on, for fear of bugs or freaks. My daughter stayed in another room and a worker opened in on her without knocking and she was naked!!!!!! How do these people get away with this crap???? $170.00??????? Are you kidding me?????? There should be a law against thieves like this.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sandra S
Reviewed 17 August 2012

I stayed in Pullman for work and because all the other chain hotels were booked, I stayed at the American Traveller Inn. The room appeared clean but the sheets were old and thin and they did not have a matress pad. The shower had the kind of shower head that creates it's own wind and makes the shower curtain stick to your body...eww. The worst thing though was the fact that they scanned my driver's license. I didn't notice they were doing it until it was too late. I cannot figure out why a hotel needs to scan a driver's license. Something didn't feel right to me about that. I would not stay at that hotel ever again.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Anniem48
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Room was clean, new paint,new beds, new pillows and linen, clean towel, fridge, micro, a/c, internet, TV,large room. Everything worked great, no problems. Good price. Not a fancy hotel but did the job well. We will go there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 April 2012

The room smelled of mold, the pillows were hard as bricks, and the shower was pathetic. All this for 80 bucks? Pretty shameful.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pullman
Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center
Best Western Plus University Inn
Quality Inn Paradise Creek
Courtyard by Marriott Pullman
Residence Inn Pullman
Residence Inn Pullman
#1 of 6 in Pullman
La Quinta Inn & Suites Moscow Pullman

Been to American Travel Inn? Share your experiences!