“Horrifying”

and 1 more site!
Nendels Inn
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Pullman
Reviewed 18 May 2013

The hotel was dirty and absolutely not worth the price we paid. This was the only place available for a certain WSU event weekend and was told it would be a two night minimum. Due to the event it was something we already had to settle for. After arriving we discovered a room that looked like it hadn't been updated since the 60s. Upon further inspection there was a black ring inside the toilet, which sat crooked. The lampshades were tattered, one of which was obviously torn. The beds were slumped. I would advise anyone who is looking to stay in Pullman to avoid this place at all costs. Not to mention after being quoted $150 a night, for at MOST a $50/night room, the bill that we requested stated they increased the price by $25 MORE a night after we had left. After calling for a price adjustment the woman got aggressive, combative and blatantly refused to adjust the price to what I had been quoted, and verified, three times.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank WSU_Artist
There are newer reviews for Nendels Inn

Reviewed 3 June 2012

We were forced to stay here because of the lack of availability in Pullman on the particular weekend. This motel is straight out of the 60's, and hasn't been upgraded since. The carpet was filthy, and the bed saggy. Great location if you are attending a WSU event, but otherwise to be avoided.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank OldGuy61401
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Let me first say that the young couple who run Nendels are very nice and helpful. The room was clean enough. The location is easy. I wasn't very happy that I was quoted $67 when I made the reservation, but was charged $97 (probably because it was a big weekend for the college.) Whatever - I was only staying one night. I noticed a funky smell in the office when I checked in, but dismissed it when my room was okay. When I went to the office to checkout the next morning, however, the smell was stronger and really nasty. I thought maybe the big fish tank hadn't been cleaned recently, but then I noticed a smaller tank next to the breakfast items with green, murky water and a big dead frog floating in it. It had obviously been there for awhile. How do you NOT NOTICE that when it's inches from the coffee pots? And this frog was big - the size of a man's fist. I was really creeped out and probably won't stay again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank LManson
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I reserved a room for March 10th which is the Saturday at the start of spring break. Certainly no problem getting a room because Pullman empties out for spring break. I reserved a room with a king bed and they had that. Doing good so far. When we got to the room it reeked of cigarette smoke so we opened the windows and that helped some but the bedding still stunk. The room itself was only kinda clean with specks of stuff on the floor and the bathroom was not in great shape. But then for $70 I didn't expect the Ritz. The kicker though, was that the bed was broken. The wooden frame on the box spring was actually broken so the bed sagged about 10 inches on one side. So, I propped up the bed with the ice bucket to level it out and that worked OK. I mean, we wanted to go to sleep. They have a sign in the room saying that everything is inventoried and if anything is missing they will charge you for it. So when we checked out I told them they could find their ice bucket under the broken bed. I was kinda hoping maybe for at least a partial comp on the room. I mean only half the bed was OK so we should only pay half the price, right? Well, not only did they not offer any comp, they didn't even apologize. Like I said before, I wasn't expecting the Ritz, but this place really deserves to go out of business. Absolutely the only thing this place has going for it is that it is the closest hotel to the WSU campus.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
12  Thank LeftCoast9
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pullman
Residence Inn Pullman
Hilltop Inn
#3 of 6 in Pullman
Best Western Plus University Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Moscow Pullman

Been to Nendels Inn? Share your experiences!