“Great place to go when in Pullman” 4 of 5 bubbles

Paradise Creek Brewery
Ranked #10 of 81 Restaurants in Pullman
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Paradise Creek is a local brewery that serves food. It is a local gathering place with a full menu and good place to go visit with friends and family. It is in downtown Pullman across the street from City hall and the Police station.
“Great place to go when in Pullman”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have tried Paradise Creek beers before, but this was the first time visiting the brewery. Great settings in the old post office and the selection of beers were good all around. The stout and Belgian Trippel were really good. We had lunch and the burger I had and my wife's sandwich were also very good. Will definitely be coming back next time we are in Pullman.

Visited November 2013

Tacoma, Washington
“Good Beer, Ok Food, HORRIBLE service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

First the positives. The beer was really good. I had a pumpkin porter and it was delicious!! The atmosphere is also great!

Now, sadly, for the reason I will probably never go back. I’ve never been treated so poorly by a brewery. First, it was dad’s weekend in Pullman, so I took that into consideration as we waited patiently for a table. For the two hours we were sitting waiting there were FOUR tables that were open with no one sitting at them. People kept leaving left and right not happy–but we had research to do, so we waited!

Finally someone in our party went and asked about the open tables. They were met with a snarky response from the hostess about the fact that they were for reservations, and that “it’s not always about open tables, sometimes we are waiting for servers.” Which was funny considering they have a very small restaurant and yet still have two hostesses and they had LOTS of servers.

Once we were finally sat down (over two hours after we go there) the poor bartender was working the bar AND doing the serving for us while those same two hostesses sat out at the front area shooting the breeze. It took about 20 minutes for our drinks to get there and then another 10 before we ordered. It was a mess.

I do not own a brewery or a restaurant, so you can take my comments as you like. I am however a former waitress AND a business teacher–so here is my opinion: don’t take reservations on days where there are lots of people in town! Most breweries don’t take them, and you are losing out on lots of business while you wait for people to show up. We probably saw almost 40-50 people leave because they waited so long.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ChrisSchu
Bellingham, Washington
“A solid place all-around.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

My son & I ate twice at the Paradise Creek Brewery in the days leading up to fall semester at WSU. Both times we were positively impressed. Our initial appreciation lay in the fact that they stay open late, and that the restaurant is housed in a historic building. Fun to think of when this place was the original post office! It's also situated well ~ an easy walk down the hill from campus.

The menu is fairly traditional with an occasional twist, such as the Greek lamb burger. The food is what one expects of a place like this ~ good, but not necessarily something to swoon over. Another reviewer mentioned the flavorless fish in the fish tacos, and I have to agree. The accompanying sauces were good, but the fish itself was notably bland. Having said that, I think this is a great go-to place, particularly given the reasonable prices. I also enjoyed the couple of different beers I tried, particularly the Sacred Cow Stout. The brewery is outgrowing the space, and I can understand why; they do a good brew here. Again, not the best I've ever had (not living in Bellingham, as I do, where we have several fantastic breweries from which to choose), but quite nice.

Each evening we sat outside and though we worried a bit about being forgotten out there, the service was attentive and friendly. The patio out back is pleasant ~ really nice place to kick back and enjoy the warm summer evening. I honestly can't imagine eating inside, though, and that may be what keeps me away if I visit my son in a different season. The inside eating area is so vast it fairly reverberates with noise. Now, it's one thing to have *some* noise while one is dining ~ you don't want to sit there in a silent room, and this place is, after all, a brewery. An upbeat, energetic atmosphere is great. But seriously, I wouldn't be able to hear someone sitting right next to me in that space. They desperately need to find a way to lower the volume.

The noise level inside is really my only complaint, aside from the kitchen staff's lack of flexibility. The first evening I wanted to make a slight change in an item on the menu, and the server informed me that the chef(s) and manager are pretty inflexible. I asked her to double check with the manager, and sure enough, (s)he essentially said the menu is what it is. Well, okay, but if you run an independent restaurant, flexibility is your friend and makes for content customers. I experienced that at a different Pullman establishment and Paradise Creek might consider being a bit less stodgy in this respect, too. Otherwise, a solid go-to place and recommended.

• Visited August 2013
Florence, Montana
“Great setting brew pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

Traveling with my Hops loving hubby, this was a find. All brews looked promising. The food was very good although the menu is limited, especially for GF folks like me. The potato wedges are yummy.

Visited August 2013
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
“1930 Post Office turned Brew Pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

Loved it! I love the building and that they kept so much of the old Post Office ie: the teller windows. The bathroom still has the original marble walls, etc... And the food! Fish tacos were good. The salad with Basil Gold cheese was probably the best salad I've ever had. Our waitress was sweet and kind too. I would definitely eat here again if ever in Pullman.

Visited July 2013