“Horrible Experience”

Ranked #3 of 5 Pullman B&B and Inns
Portland, Oregon
“Horrible Experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

This is the worst experience I have ever had at a Hotel or Motel. I made reservations back in January 2013 for October 11-13, 2013. I called on the phone and spoke to the manager (Greg Simmons) who reserved 3 rooms under my name for over $1,000. I told the manager there would be 3 different couples checking in under my name at different times on the 11th and he assured me this would be ok. I received an email with the reservation details and everything looked legit. This was the only Motel available in Pullman for the weekend because it was Dad's weekend and the OSU vs. WSU football game.

The Wednesday before our arrival, I called to confirm our reservation and to make sure we could all check in separately. I spoke to a lady on the phone (Theresa) who informed me that their computer was in the shop at Staples and she had no information regarding who was checking in or out and that she had only worked there for about a week. I explained to her that I had a reservation and the 3 rooms I had booked with all of the partie’s names that were checking in. She told me the manager I had spoken to back in January was two managers removed from her, but told me she would take care of us and everything would be fine.

The evening of our arrival, one of the couples in my party arrived before me and attempted to check in. They were told that our rooms were given to other people and that our reservation did not matter. Because every other place in town was booked, this meant we didn’t have a place to stay. We weren’t the only ones in this same situation and there were a lot of people upset because they didn’t have room either.

At this point there were a few brief words exchanged with the manager and my friends told them that they needed to provide rooms for us. The management continued to say that it was not possible and it quickly turned into a situation where now it was first come first serve. After some more discussions, they gave up 2 rooms and still charged us almost $800. One room had two beds and the other room had 1 bed. The Motel had no idea who was staying in which rooms, so they proceeded to open up random rooms to see if there was already luggage in them. If there wasn’t, then they gave the room up.

Once my pregnant wife and I arrived at the Motel, we unloaded the car into the room with the 2 beds. The room that we were staying in was, according to the manager, a very nice deluxe room. There was nothing nice about this room and I was concerned to touch anything, as it was extremely dirty. There were dirt crumbs on the ground, the laminate flooring was rotting around the bath tub, and the furniture was extremely filthy including a huge stain on one of the chairs from who knows what. I didn’t walk around the room unless I had socks on, I didn’t use the shower, and I slept on top of the covers with all my clothes on. The other room we were given seemed to be a bit more updated and cleaner, but it still did not warrant the price they were charging.

It completely blows my mind how this Motel stays in business, and if it continues to run business this way, I can almost guarantee it won’t be soon. I understand if it may not have the most up to date furniture, etc. and that their computer may not be working. However, if they expect to run a business, they need to do a better job of understanding there are basic necessities when customers make reservations. You can’t just give away rooms, you need to clean the rooms, and you need throw away furniture that are broken and/or stained.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Josser77

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Olympia, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

I stay several times a year at the ManorHouseodge.com.The rooms are clean and comfortable. They have modern flat screen TVs and the Continental Breakfast is Great.The Location right in downtow near Washinton State University, Pullman Washington all at a Great Price!! Mark

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mark S
Spokane, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

So my friends and I rented a room for WSU mom's weekend last weekend since this motel came highly recommended by a friend and we paid a total of $429 for 2 overnights. Initially I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms seemed clean and roomy. The next morning however, we found ourselves without hot shower water. I went down to the office to check in with management about the problem and was told he was still sleeping. Hm.... I gave them my cell # so he could call me back about this problem. You guessed it..... no phone call. We got back to late that evening and the office was closed. The next morning we encountered the same problem. Still no hot water. Again, the young lady in the office informed me that he was not in. So we all left a little frustrated and without showering and went home. So Monday I called this lovely establishment and actually got to talk to the manager himself.....As I explained my problem, I was promptly told that in some of the rooms the valves were put in backwards and that there was hot water and I basically should have figured it out by playing around with the faucet. Really.... How did this become my problem???? He said that it is a to hard of a fix (and since he was a contractor knew what he was talking about) and that is the way it is. Really, all I wanted was a good customer service response. Maybe something like this: "oh I am so sorry for the inconvenience you experienced this last weekend. How can I make this right." Or something of that nature. Instead I got an earful about how he cannot help that the showers don't function correctly and I ,the customer, should have been able to figure this out on my own. Besides the shower issue, the bathroom outlet didn't work. Only 1 of the 2 sinks gave us water. The faucet in the kitchens was very scary as it banged like crazy when you turned it on (like in the horror movies) and there was a leak under that sink. Anyway, I would recommend you find yourself a different place to stay. We were definitely NOT impressed.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
13 Thank BH1960_13

Travellers are raving about these Pullman hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pullman
Quality Inn Paradise Creek
#3 of 6 in Pullman
La Quinta Inn & Suites Moscow Pullman
Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center
Best Western Plus University Inn

Been to Manor Lodge? Share your experiences!