“Shows very good promise”
Review of The Cliff Side

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Cliff Side
Ranked #57 of 82 Restaurants in Pullman
PULLMAN
“Shows very good promise”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My wife and I attended as part of Restaurant Week. I opted for the fixed price menu and got the trout. I was amazed by the size of the portion. This may have been related to the promotion. My wife got the salmon. Both had good flavor and were quite filling. A friend ordered BBQ and I was very happy to see they put the sauce on the side. Too many places slather it on so thick, you cant taste the meat.

Service was excellent. a very attentive waiter made for a very nice dining experience.

I will need to go back and try something but this visit really showed great promise.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Panda37

Pullman, WA
“Highs & lows”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Dang, wish I could see the menu online as a reminder....
Slow night at the Hilltop. Probably because it's Christmas break at WSU. Good for us because the service was great!
I ordered the French onion soup as an app and it was awesome. Soooo cheesy & flavorful. Hubby and I both has salads which were really good for just a "dinner salad". Nice plating. DH ordered the Cougar burger which he thought was good but not phenomenal. The fries were super good, fresh 7 crispy though. The waitress even made us some "fry sauce" from scratch that was really good!
I ordered the bite sized steak and unfortunately, that was the low of the meal. The coating didn't get cooked well enough so rather than being crispy, it was a little mushy in places. Maybe because it was so slow the oil wasn't hot enough?
Anyway, we'll be back. We like to support the locals & will always return to a place with great service!

• Visited January 2014