“Exceeded expectations”

Holiday Inn Express Puyallup (Tacoma Area)
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Puyallup
GreenLeadersBronze level
Indiana
“Exceeded expectations”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Very nice, clean, comfortable bed and pillows. Breakfast was awesome, unlimited coffee and cookies in the afternoon/evening. Only 40 minutes outside of SeaTac airport. Quiet and very nice. Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: We stayed in the two Queen room, 4th floor. Room 404.
Green Features: Hotel participates in water conservation efforts by allowing you the option of re-using towels.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Stacy S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Puyallup (Tacoma Area), responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Lamslick50,
Thank you for writing about your stay. We are glad you enjoyed our comfy beds, pillows, breakfast and cookies! We will have some new breakfast items added to our selection very soon! We would love to have you stay with us again should your travels bring you to Puyallup!

Stacy Snyder

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Lima, Ohio
Reviewed 21 March 2014

The staff was very friendly and helpful-they answered my questions quickly, the room was clean and comfy-very nice amenities, and the location was easily accessible. I loved the cookies and coffee in the lobby. This is a very welcoming touch. An overall wonderful visit! I would certainly choose this hotel for future visits.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Hello Kmbrlyfrdrck,
I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed so many things about your stay. We would love to have you back with us in the future, we will have the fresh cookies and coffee waiting for you! Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience.

Wenatchee, Washington
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Great place to stay. Clean, updated, good location.
Breakfast was good.
Left my expensive glasses there. Two weeks later I called. I talked to housekeeping manager, Vera Harris. She was great! Tracked them down - and returned them to me within a week!
Thank you, Thank you! We will be back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Stacy S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Puyallup (Tacoma Area), responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Hello Sharon H!
We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! I am very glad that your glasses were found also. Hopefully you can come back and stay with us again in the future and thank you for writing about your stay!

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 15 March 2014

This is the 3rd or 4th time I've stayed here so I could attend the annual Sew Expo at the fairgrounds. It is very conveniently located, great access to restaurants/mall/etc, and has incredibly helpful staff. The fitness center, although not large, is clean, modern, and everything was in working order. Nice selection of breakfast items.

Room Tip: I like ground floor rooms just for ease. The elevator is kind of slow.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Carole L,
I hope you had a great time at the 2014 Sewing Expo this year! I will be sharing your pleasant comments about your experience with the staff. We hope to see you again next year for the 2015 Sewing Expo.

Canada
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Very friendly check in. Room was better than expected. The breakfast was excellent. Rising above most hotels was the breakfast area, food selection and the staff host was pleasant and kind. Large eating area and sufficient tables and seating.

A bit of a drive to the airport but easy enough.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank itzmoi
Hi itzmoi,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Puyallup for your stay. I am glad that you were greeted with a friendly check in and enjoyed our breakfast! We will be adding new choices to our breakfast very soon, we hope you can come back and try them! Thank you for writing about your stay.

Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Good value, good location, good availability of rooms. Nice breakfast area and selection of breakfast foods. Rooms were quiet even on the ground floor. Convenient to gas station, mall for food, fairgrounds. Would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Stacy S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Puyallup (Tacoma Area), responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Hi VEDavis!
Thank you for writing about your stay! We are excited that you enjoyed so many things about your stay. The quiet rooms, location, and the breakfast. We are adding to our buffet breakfast also, so there will be some great new choices! We would enjoy you being our guest again. Have a great day.

Medford, Oregon
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I needed a place to stay in Puyallup, Washington and the choice is limited as the city is not that large. The Holiday Inn Express is one of the better hotels in town. It was clean, mostly quiet - regarding road noise - and the rooms are big enough not to feel too cramped. I was surprised at the heating/cooling unit in the wall (as opposed to controlled by thermostat) since the room looked updated. If it was "on" it was on all night and not all that quiet. My room was a suite and the refrigerator and microwave are pleasant to have. The breakfast in the morning is typical HI Express-type food. I felt safe here in the hotel and the parking lot. While I realize that I stayed during an event that was going on at the Fairgrounds, I felt the price was really high for the nights I stayed. I don't know what the room rates are on a "non-event" weekend. Overall, I would recommend this hotel.

Green Features: I liked the recycle bins in a room off my hallway. It made it easy to recycle rather than just "throw away".
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Hello Patty A,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the size of your suite, and having a microwave and refrigerator in there also. I am sorry that the unit in your room was not quiet. I will be passing along this comment to our management team. We are glad that you felt safe here and would love to have you back again should your travels bring you back to Puyallup!

Stacy Snyder
Also consider these accommodations in or near Puyallup
Best Western Premier Plaza Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Puyallup
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tacoma Puyallup
Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sumner
Motel Puyallup
Motel Puyallup
#5 of 7 in Puyallup

Been to Holiday Inn Express Puyallup (Tacoma Area)? Share your experiences!