“Outstanding service”

Holiday Inn Express Puyallup (Tacoma Area)
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Puyallup
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I was extremely impressed with all aspects of the service at the hotel. The Desk Clerk was extremely helpful (Josh) and handled some issues that had resulted during my booking the stay. He was positive and detemined to make sure I was happy. After that, the entire experience was positive with upbeat desk staff, breakfast staff, cleaning staff and the managers. My company will have more work in the area and I will make sure all of our staff use this hotel.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms are away from highway.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Stacy S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Puyallup (Tacoma Area), responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Hi Scott W!
Thank you so much for writing such a wonderful review about your stay here. I will be sharing with Josh and the entire staff what you said! Thank you so much for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again. Have a great day.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Have stayed here before so came again. This time went to the "Spring Fair" in Puyallup. Nice place and friendly staff. Good assortment for breakfast though I brought my own gluten free food and they were kind enough to warm it for me so hubby and I could eat together. The suite we had last time was much better but this king room was fine for our 1 night stay. BUT beware one side of it is next to freeway (512) so bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper. I always travel with earplugs and use them at every hotel. Ask for room opposite of freeway overlooking parking lot and gas station side. Comfortable king bed. Great free dvd library to choose from. Staff thoroughly seemed to enjoy working with one another and with guests. Shopping mall quite close. Easy access to freeway. Dumpster trash pickup on Fridays at 7 AM on the freeway side.

Room Tip: Choose side that the front desk is on. Other side has freeway.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Stacy S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Puyallup (Tacoma Area), responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Hello Casper684,
Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express in Puyallup! We appreciate feedback that we get from our guests and are happy to here you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to Puyallup.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

The room was spacious, with two separate sleeping areas, it would have been nice to have two bathrooms but it worked out fine. The bed was comfortable and the kitchenette was just enough to make snacks and drinks possible in the evenings. The workout room was basic but adequate and the breakfast was a typical spread but was perfect for our group.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Good Morning Elizabeth V!
Thank you for writing about your stay. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed so many things about your suite! We hope you can come and stay with us again sometime, we would love to have you.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

I travel 8 western states and love this property, the way it looks, professionalism of the staff, location, perks and even the hot breakfast. I was so amazed that a young lady working the front desk remembered my name from the last visit. Their smiles are genuine, their care is sincere and it is always a true pleasure visiting this area while on business. This is my favorite Express location!

Room Tip: There aren't any bad ones!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Stacy S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Puyallup (Tacoma Area), responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Good Morning Ms. Gray!
I am so happy to hear that you have such a wonderful time while you are staying with us. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we can't wait to see you again. Thank you for being our guest!

Reviewed 28 March 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in South Hill/ Puyallup, for three days this month. We chose this hotel, because it was a good central location for where we needed to be. We had the option of staying in a standard room in a Holiday Inn Express in Seattle, but when I realized that we could book a suite in the South Hill hotel, for twenty dollars cheaper than a standard room in Seattle, it was a no-brainer.

The suite that we stayed in was very nice and roomy. It was a two room setup, with a lounging area (complete with TV and sofa) and then a separate sleeping area. The room was clean and had all the necessary amenities, including of course, free wireless internet.

We had an issue with one of our televisions (the room had two TV's), during the weekend, when the maintenance supervisor was off. I brought the issue to the attention of Josh (unsure of his last name). Josh went out of his way to attempt to fix the issue........due to circumstances beyond his control, he was unable to replace the TV.........so he made it right by giving us extra travel points. Additionally, he put together a gift package for us, that included a coffee card from the nearby coffee kiosk, and a travel mug. It was very gratifying to see that some people still do the little things to make your stay worth while. I wish to thank both Josh and Front Office Manager Stacy Snyder (no relation to me.....my last name is also Snyder) for their courtesy and excellent service. You do not always find the personal touch that they provided to us on our long weekend there.

The bed was comfortable, the breakfast that was offered at no additional charge in the lobby, was quite adequate, and the lobby and eating area were spotlessly clean and comfortable. Given the fact that we were able to save some money, and considering the comfort of the hotel, we were quite happy. There are lots of eating establishments and some shopping at the South Hill Mall, about a three minute drive away. A McDonalds and a Chevron gas station adjoin the parking lot of the hotel. Everything is right there. It's super convenient, and given the great service and personal touch that we received, I would absolutely recommend this hotel to people looking to stay within an hour of Seattle, while not having to pay Seattle prices for a comfortable room.

My wife and I plan on making this hotel our destination, whenever we travel to that part of Washington. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Snyder860,
It was a pleasure to have you stay with us. I am very sorry about the problem with your television set and we hope to improve on these types of situations for our future guests. Thank you for writing about your experiences while you were here. I am pleased you enjoyed the location, your suite, the bed, and the service! I will be sharing your wonderful review with Josh and the entire staff. We hope to see you again and thank you so much for being our guest!

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Very nice, clean, comfortable bed and pillows. Breakfast was awesome, unlimited coffee and cookies in the afternoon/evening. Only 40 minutes outside of SeaTac airport. Quiet and very nice. Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: We stayed in the two Queen room, 4th floor. Room 404.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Lamslick50,
Thank you for writing about your stay. We are glad you enjoyed our comfy beds, pillows, breakfast and cookies! We will have some new breakfast items added to our selection very soon! We would love to have you stay with us again should your travels bring you to Puyallup!

Reviewed 21 March 2014

The staff was very friendly and helpful-they answered my questions quickly, the room was clean and comfy-very nice amenities, and the location was easily accessible. I loved the cookies and coffee in the lobby. This is a very welcoming touch. An overall wonderful visit! I would certainly choose this hotel for future visits.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Hello Kmbrlyfrdrck,
I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed so many things about your stay. We would love to have you back with us in the future, we will have the fresh cookies and coffee waiting for you! Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience.

Stacy Snyder

Also consider these accommodations in or near Puyallup
Best Western Premier Plaza Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Puyallup
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tacoma Puyallup
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sumner
Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup
Hotel Murano
Hotel Murano
#3 of 28 in Tacoma

Been to Holiday Inn Express Puyallup (Tacoma Area)? Share your experiences!