“Do not let anyone mail you giftcards here, ours were stolen..”

Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Puyallup
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We are happy here, we have been staying for 2 months. It is quiet (at least this time of year). Except my inlaws, who don't make a lot of money, sent us 2 giftcards in the mail for Christmas. When we picked it up at the front desk, someone had clearly opened it, and the cards were gone. Now we can't prove someone here did this, but I have sent numerous gift cards in the mail - but always to people's homes, not a hotel. The card had been there at the front desk for a few days. Plus at first, they said we had no mail. I feel terrible for my inlaws, Even though our experience here has been good, once we leave, we will not return.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Sassy K

Reviewed 24 August 2013

I've stayed at this hotel a bunch of times. It's basic, no frills, but usually o.k. This time my air conditioning unit wasn't working. When I asked if I could be moved to another room I was told that they were all full. The hotel is o.k. The beds are hard. The carpets in most of the rooms I've been in are stained. I have a service dog and I've always felt safe walking him--even after dark. I am undecided if I will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Terri P
Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

It's nothing fancy or overly comfortable but for $60, it's clean and I felt safe. It was close to where we were headed and close to Hwy 167. Stayed there twice in the last two months. If I ever have to go back to Puyallup again, I will definitely stay there.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank LilTiby
Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

Very low price, no-frills residential style motel. Room smelled like smoke when exhaust fan wasn't running, so someone near our room was smoking and Crossland staff didn't do anything to stop them. No daily housekeeping and you have to go to the desk for TP and clean towels. Laundry room floor was sticky. It met our needs to stay and cook in the room but don't expect a mint on your pillow!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank ImaLadyBiker
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. I sincerely apologize that you experienced the odor of smoke in your room. I am meeting with the staff to ensure that calls like this get addressed and this does not happen again in the future. I will also be speaking with the Hotel Manager about the cleanliness issues in the Guest Laundry.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience with us. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at puy@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

A couple of weeks ago almost all of the hotels were sold out in the Seattle area so I booked a stay at the Crossland in Puyallup. Monique went out of her way to check all of the properties around the area to find me an alternative when she received my reservation that was booked online. I had a great stay. The room was great and the AC helped with the heat of that weekend. It was conveniently located off of highway 167 so I had no problem on the work commute to and from Kirkland. Great stay and an extremely helpful Guest Service Team Leader!

Room Tip: Definitely a great alternative hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank djbmello
Reviewed 30 July 2013

The room has fully equipped kitchen which included a coffee maker, microwave, and toaster.The bathroom is large enough to accommodate plus size & handicapped people. The bathtub has a removable shower head & seating area. The room has a large comfortable queen size bed. All rooms are non smoking & no one is allowed to smoke within 25 feet any building. This is the best place to stay in Washington! There's a bus stop in front of the building that will take you anywhere in the city and surrounding towns like Seattle, Tacoma, Olympia... The rates are very low compared to other extended stay hotels.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Jeffery R
Reviewed 29 July 2013

The room was clean and spotless and air worked great which was important on the 4th of July weekend . I would stay there again and the staff is friendly and great as well. Its not perfect but what motel or hotel is .I travel for work and as a woman I feel safe here with the key carded entrances and stairwells and room.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Patricia C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Puyallup
Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer
Motel Puyallup
Motel Puyallup
#6 of 7 in Puyallup
Best Western Premier Plaza Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Puyallup
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tacoma Puyallup
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sumner

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup? Share your experiences!