“Never again!”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Puyallup
Coeur dalene id
“Never again!”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Absolute bare bones! Want clean towels? Must take your used ones to the office and turn them in to get new ones. Want more coffee? They look at you like you've committed a crime. Tissues? Bring your own. Ice? Bring your own. Not an ice machine on the premises. Police were just here for a domestic. You get what you pay for here. My fault. Every motel in this town was $120+. I should have known there was a reason this one was $60. I roughed it out. But never again!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Spudsville1
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that our hotel did not meet your expectations Please know, if you do not want to exchange your linens and towels we do offer cleaning services for guests staying 8 or more nights. Additional services can also be purchased in between for a minimal fee. Also, I apologize that you were disturbed by another guest issue. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that guest safety is our number one priority. With that in mind, we will work with outside law enforcement groups to ensure all of our guests are safe, as needed.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at puy@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I read a lot of reviews about this place before making a reservation. My main concern was the so called 'rock hard beds' that some of the other reviewers complained about. Let me start by saying that my bed was NOT hard at all. It was rather very comfortable. The front desk person was nice too. The main reason for my 'not so good review' is this smell in my room. It was so strong that my nose never really got desensitized. It's not the typical 'bad smell' that you come across in low budget hotels. It was something different. May be they used a strong chemical for cleaning or something but I have never experienced that odor before. Very bad. The stair hall has a very strong odor as well.
This place is basically an extended stay/low budget apartment building where locals stay. It's not really a hotel/motel. There are no restaurants or convenient stores in the proximity.
The second most annoying thing about my stay was the proximity a train track. The loud train-honking woke me up few times.

Washroom was small but clean. There was no mold.
The kitchenette is a plus if you like to cook.
Wifi is free.

Overall for me, not a pleasant experience.
If you can afford another 20-30 bucks a night, then stay away from this place.

Room Tip: avoid rooms that face the close by train track
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Preet M
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Preet - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so glad that you liked the bed in your room and the service our staff provided. Still, the situation you described regarding the strong odor is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are working to eliminate the smell as soon as possible and will use less spray when cleaning rooms moving forward.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. Please feel free to contact me directly, at puy@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We are happy here, we have been staying for 2 months. It is quiet (at least this time of year). Except my inlaws, who don't make a lot of money, sent us 2 giftcards in the mail for Christmas. When we picked it up at the front desk, someone had clearly opened it, and the cards were gone. Now we can't prove someone here did this, but I have sent numerous gift cards in the mail - but always to people's homes, not a hotel. The card had been there at the front desk for a few days. Plus at first, they said we had no mail. I feel terrible for my inlaws, Even though our experience here has been good, once we leave, we will not return.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Sassy K
Chehalis
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I've stayed at this hotel a bunch of times. It's basic, no frills, but usually o.k. This time my air conditioning unit wasn't working. When I asked if I could be moved to another room I was told that they were all full. The hotel is o.k. The beds are hard. The carpets in most of the rooms I've been in are stained. I have a service dog and I've always felt safe walking him--even after dark. I am undecided if I will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Terri P
Bellingham,WA
Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

It's nothing fancy or overly comfortable but for $60, it's clean and I felt safe. It was close to where we were headed and close to Hwy 167. Stayed there twice in the last two months. If I ever have to go back to Puyallup again, I will definitely stay there.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank LilTiby
Marshalltown, Iowa
Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

Very low price, no-frills residential style motel. Room smelled like smoke when exhaust fan wasn't running, so someone near our room was smoking and Crossland staff didn't do anything to stop them. No daily housekeeping and you have to go to the desk for TP and clean towels. Laundry room floor was sticky. It met our needs to stay and cook in the room but don't expect a mint on your pillow!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank ImaLadyBiker
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. I sincerely apologize that you experienced the odor of smoke in your room. I am meeting with the staff to ensure that calls like this get addressed and this does not happen again in the future. I will also be speaking with the Hotel Manager about the cleanliness issues in the Guest Laundry.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience with us. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at puy@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
Deming, Washington
Reviewed 30 July 2013

A couple of weeks ago almost all of the hotels were sold out in the Seattle area so I booked a stay at the Crossland in Puyallup. Monique went out of her way to check all of the properties around the area to find me an alternative when she received my reservation that was booked online. I had a great stay. The room was great and the AC helped with the heat of that weekend. It was conveniently located off of highway 167 so I had no problem on the work commute to and from Kirkland. Great stay and an extremely helpful Guest Service Team Leader!

Room Tip: Definitely a great alternative hotel!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank djbmello
Also consider these accommodations in or near Puyallup
Motel Puyallup
Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer
Hampton Inn & Suites Puyallup
Best Western Premier Plaza Hotel & Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sumner

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup? Share your experiences!