“Disgusting!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Northwest Motor Inn
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Puyallup
“Disgusting!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for a one night stay. We checked in and had places to go. I immediately checked the beds and bathroom. The shower had obvious hairs from others, there was a chunk of hair on the bathroom floor and the toilet looked like it hadn't even been touched with a lysol wipe. I quickly cleaned up and we went on with our day. After returning to the hotel that night. I went to throw something away and noticed there was already trash in the can. I checked it and it was a tampon wrapper and a used condom wrapper! So Grose! NEVER STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank sophia b

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Victoria, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

I think the owner needs to take an Customer Service Course to start, then a course on hotel managment. Not only did my husband and I experience rude service, we witnessed others receiving the same service. Like other reviewers, the rooms were dirty, no A/C, lingering smells; just a tattered hotel in need of an overhaul and new management. It's too bad since it's so close the fair grounds and the big Goodguys Hot Rod event. Stay elsewhere. REALLY.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Whitesands13
North Bend, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

When I booked this room I saw the picture of the supposed remodeled rooms, I don't know what room that was but it wasn't the room we got! It was probably the worst room I have ever rented...seriously! it smelled, there was a huge hole in the bathroom ceiling where the light fixture was, the carpeting, lamp shades, chairs and bed comforter were stained beyond belief! I'm not sure what all goes on in this place but it can't be good! I demanded my money back and drove across the street to another place to stay....trust me, you really don't want to stay here!

Room Tip: keep driving past this place
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Vicki R
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

when we stayed there. The owner was the rudest person I've ever met. Not only did he try to kick us out because we had a friend stop by and visit for ten minutes, but me and my fiancé took a shower and she washed her faced with a wash cloth and got makeup on it. So when the towels were dirty we took them to the office to get new ones, and apparently their not allowed to get dirty because the owner himself told us that we had to go buy brand new towels and washcloths and give them to them or get kicked out and we had til 1pm to do so because towels and washcloths are apparently only to be used to dry yourself and not wash off any dirt or makeup or anything else according to him. And we accidentally spilled a soda so we used a towel to clean it up, and since the towels were to dirty for them they forced us to buy brand new ones for them to replace them. Tell me that's a motel u would want to stay at. Where u have to pay to replace what u use? Trust me I will be reporting them to the BBB. Cuz that is ridiculous.

• Stayed June 2013
6 Thank Unocinco15
Yacolt, Washington, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

I booked a room based on reasonable prices, proximity to the fairgrounds and a website stating the rooms were recently remodeled. If they were remodeled, it was certainly not at any time during the past decade. The room was hot and airless, reeked of smoke and everything was tattered and torn. The bathroom sink was plugged, there were big orange stains on the bathtub and the towels were stained with something that looked like urine. The window screen was ripped and the window lock did not function. All the bathroom fixtures were covered with corrosion and filth. This place was truly disgusting. Could not get out of there fast enough.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
6 Thank K224996
Lake tapps
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

My wife daughter and I stayed at NW motor Inn 6 days during a moving transition. We were relieved to see the price about $100 cheaper than other local places per week, but we soon realized why. One of the most disgusting places we have ever stayed by far. This was another "no smoking" room that smelled TERRIBLY of smoke, bedding had cig. burns in it, shower floor was cracked in several places and SHARP, sink faucets leaked onto the counter and the floor. Right next to a busy and loud road at all times of the day.

As if this wasn't enough to warrant a 1 star review - FOUR times during our 6 days there, the ENTIRE buildings fire alarm system went off. It was a deafening high pitched noise, non stop for hours at a time. The first time this happened was our 2nd night, at 3:30 AM, until about 6 AM. Nobody at the front desk or reception had a clue what was wrong or how to fix it. No fire dept. was ever called or contacted as there was no fire - they came to the conclusion it was just errors in their system. Lucky for us, that lovely error happened 3 more times over the next few days - resulting in almost no sleep for the duration of our stay. We have a 9 month old daughter - and those alarms made her cry and panic more than anything I had ever seen.

Frequently, around 6-7 AM, cars would sit in the parking lot (right near everyone's windows) and honk there horns for 45 minutes at a time...I assume to try and get someone to hurry up?? But for the love of God, have some common courtesy....at 6 AM, just because you are up and in a hurry doesn't give you the right to wake up an entire building. Get off you lazy @$$'s and walk to whoever you are honking at!!!!!

After all the sleepless nights and disturbances, we figured we could at least get a discount or partial refund - but nothing at all was offered, not even an apology. Even when it came down to checkout day, we had to wait for our friend to show up with his truck and he didn't get off work until 3 PM (11 am is checkout, NO exceptions) They had the nerve to charge us $65 to stay the extra 4 hours!!! After already paying for a week, they couldn't even give us the weekly rate for the extra time. Had to charge us for a full day.

This place is hell on earth. Chaotic, loud, filthy, and the least helpful staff I've ever encountered anywhere. Do not expect ANY sleep here. Unfortunate that 1 star is as low as I can rate this terrible nightmare of a place.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Room Tip: None - run as far away as you can from this pit. if I could give a review lower than 1 star I would...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
8 Thank WildeAJ
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2012

I stayed here with my family. The price was great and the rooms were very clean. Free HBO channels was a bonus. The staff at the desk were friendly, and I had an overall enjoyable stay. I would recommend it to everyone.

Room Tip: Very comfortable beds
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Sandra J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Puyallup
Motel Puyallup
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tacoma Puyallup
Sumner Motor Inn
Sumner Motor Inn
#2 of 2 in Sumner

Been to Northwest Motor Inn? Share your experiences!