“Wow! This is the place to stay!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Tacoma Puyallup
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Puyallup
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I thought this review had already posted, but I am not seeing it, so wanted to submit again. This hotel was so much more than I expected, I don't care if it is new or not. The staff is way above average, especially Angela in Housekeeping. She is a 10 star employee, if there is such a thing. She knew our every need, sometimes even before we did, I think. The breakfast was way more than what I expected, and had things that I have never seen on a breakfast buffet, hard boiled eggs, which my 4-year old grandson absolutely loved, pre-packaged pieces of cheese, which were a hit with all of us. Chocolate and white milk, I could go on and on, but instead I will say that if you ever need a hotel in the Puyallup area, look no further. This is your place! The pool and hot tub are great, too, or as my grandson called them, the HOT and COLD pools. I will definitely stay at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Puyallup, should the need ever again arise!

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor, had no problem with noise or anything else. We were very close to the ele...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
FairfieldInnPuyallup, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tacoma Puyallup, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2014

Gini5676,

You and your family are welcome ANYTIME! I loved reading your review and you're correct...Angela is a very intuitive room attendant and she was rewarded for being mentioned in your post. Here, I'm going to give her 10 stars right now: **********

I think what makes Fairfield such a fun place to stay is that we LOVE hotels- we love working in them and staying in them and enhancing them with the "little things" because we know that chocolate milk makes a big difference.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

This hotel is a new, upgraded version of the Fairfield Inn and Suites. The front desk staff is absolutely fabulous - friendly, helpful and courteous. Will helped us as we checked in. You won't find better service anywhere! Our room was clean, quiet, and very comfortable. Everyone in our family loved the new look and feel. If you want to feel like you are getting value for your money, stay here when you are in Puyallup.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the opposite side from the freeway.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Awwww...thanks GregT! Your words are music to our ears- what an awesome review from an awesome guest. Our entire team has been specially trained by Marriott to provide what we like to call, "Confident Service". That means that whether you encounter one of our professional room attendants or a hospitable breakfast ambassador, you're going to receive the same outstanding, personalized service that you won't find anyway else but here. We hope to see you again soon! =)

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stayed at this Fairfield on the way to the airport after a vacation in the area. The hotel is located in Puyallup, about 30-45 minutes from Seatac airport. It is about a mile from a mall, and nearby are plenty of options for restaurants. The hotel was in great shape and nice for a Fairfield Inn. The breakfast was the typical hotel buffet, but was perfectly adequate, and the staff was helpful. Our room was in great shape, and the housekeeper went out of her way to be helpful. Parking and internet are free.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank va_trailrunner
FairfieldInnPuyallup, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tacoma Puyallup, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Hello Friend!
We're so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. There are so many great things about our hotel that make it such a fun place to stay. Puyallup is a great city and nearby Sumner is just as charming. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Having stayed in this hotel before it was my first choice when I found myself in the area again. The staff is very friendly and the entire hotel is as clean as you would expect it. The rooms are nice and the bed was comfortable. Breakfast was plentiful and slightly above average, more that you would expect for an included breakfast.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Awwww...thanks Rschrader! Your compliments mean a lot to us and we LOVE that you have chosen to stay with us multiple times. A Marriott Rewards Membership will turn those stays into points and airline miles...because we value loyal Marriott guests- you're why we do what we do! THANK YOU!

Reviewed 16 August 2014

I stay here every time I come to Seattle which is several times a year. This is one of the cleanest nicer decor and friendliest staff I have encountered in the Marriott Fairfield properties. I am platinum and only stay at Marriott while traveling domestic and international so this property really rates high in my reviews. I especially want to give particular accolades to front desk consultant Pablo N. He always maintains a constant welcoming smile and goes out of his way to help in any way possible. Marriott needs to recognize Pablo exemplifies the type of outstanding employee that is a wonderful asset to the corporation. Thank you for wonderful stays!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Well...no argument here nanafla! Not only is our hotel bright and cheery, but it's the perfect place to get away from the hustle and bustle of Seattle's traffic. Stroll our charming downtown shops or steal away an afternoon in our darling sister city of Sumner. Oh and by the way... we also think Pablo is pretty awesome! He will certainly be rewarded for his outstanding service to you. Thanks again, friend!

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Loved this hotel. Our room was super clean which is so important traveling with kids...including a 10 month old. Room smelled good, was really nice. Bed so comfortable. Our window faced trees...very relaxing.
Hotel is newer and decorated really nice. Staff was great and helpful. Responded to requests quickly.
Pool was pretty, clean and was well maintained. Looked out at a nice forested area. Hotel had towels nicely arranged on tables and chairs...there were nice extra touches like that through out the hotel. It seems like they put a lot of thought into how the hotel is set up. We appreciated all the little touches.
Everything was new and clean. We would definitely stay here again and would tell others to as well. If you are trying to decide where to stay in Puyallup this is a great choice.

• Stayed: August 2014

"PERFECT"?! Well, that pretty much says it all...need we say more?! =)
THANK YOU SO MUCH for all the compliments! You're correct- we certainly do put a lot of thought into serving you by making sure you're as comfortable with us as you are at home. Part of that is adding those little extras like warm cookies, ear plugs and lovely views of nature from each room. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I was amazed at how consistently well treated our group members were by various staff members. We always felt welcome and wanted--which is not always the case when travelling with youth sport teams. They consistently sought feedback and looked for ways to help make our stay comfortable. We were able to eat in the dining area in the evenings and they never complained about helping to clean up, in fact, they provided water pitchers and cups as well as cookies! They even provided breakfast 1/2 hour earlier than the stated time so the team could get to the meet on time each day. I was continually amazed at the good attitudes of the staff, their willingness to help and their kindness. I rarely write reviews that are this positive, but I truly was amazed with our treatment at this hotel and can highly recommend it to other travelers. (BTW: For those not traveling in groups, I can also highly recommend this hotel. Because of their proactive approach to our group's needs, I believe they helped to minimize the impact of the group on the other guests. Everyone in the group was also more likely to behave in responsible and respectful ways because that is the way they were treated and it was very apparent.)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Puyallup
Hampton Inn & Suites Puyallup
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sumner
Sumner Motor Inn
Sumner Motor Inn
#2 of 2 in Sumner

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Tacoma Puyallup? Share your experiences!