“refurbished kitchenette?”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Puyallup
Arlington, Washington
“refurbished kitchenette?”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I stayed here last year and it was a dive. I decided to try again because it is so close to the fairgrounds and the description said the room was refurbished. I am not sure which year they did the refurbishing but I can tell you it was not anytime recently!
I chose the kitchenette to accomodate all the people in my party by being able to cook in the room. Unfortunately, they don't provide ANYTHING but a stove and refrigerator. Seriously, not a fork or a pan, NOTHING! When I asked the desk staff he said it was because they didn't have a way to sanitize the dishes there on site. Motel Puyallup, stop advertising it as kitchenette if you are not going to provide the necessary items for people to cook!
I rated it as "poor" instead of "terrible" because the staff members, all 3 that I met, were very friendly and as helpful as they could be. Also, the sheets were clean.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank HillaryMc
Jaki C, General Manager at Motel Puyallup, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
We appreciate you giving us a second chance and regret that we were not able to fully meet your expectations. While our rooms are not stocked with dishes or cooking utensils we do have them available via the front desk (personal items that belong to Staff, and not sanctioned for customer use by the FDA-they are ‘use at your own risk’) which is staffed 24-7, in addition to many other items.

The employee you spoke with should have offered those items to you, and I apologize for the inconvenience it caused. This provides us with a valuable coaching opportunity for our staff and emphasized training for new employees.

We hope that you will provide us with another opportunity to serve you again on a future visit to Puyallup.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Kingston, Washington
Reviewed 5 June 2013

First of all, this is not the Ritz Carlton. If you are looking for that, then find a $500 a night place. This is the second time I have stayed here and will be here every year at this time. All I was looking for was a clean safe place to sleep in. I dont require a spa or pool or excercise room, so why pay for one. What I got was a clean room, microwave, fridge, tv with lots of channels. LOTS of hot water and GREAT water pressure. The staff are friendly and helpful with a great sense of humor and still very professional and caring. Restaraunt in the front parking lot. Just one block from the fairgrounds. And I found it quiet and felt very safe and secure.

Room Tip: I prefer lower level rooms, but you may hear others above you if they are noisy.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Don T
Jaki C, General Manager at Motel Puyallup, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Thank you so much for your awesome review! While we definitely strive for excellence, as you said, we are NOT a big chain hotel. Being privately owned gives us a more 'at home' feel for our guests and we truly appreciate candid reviews. We are very glad to have you as a loyal customer and look forward to your stay with us in the future!
Durango, Colorado
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Definitely very low on my rating. Gaps in door way, musty smell, no hairdryer or iron. I would not stay there again, for lesiure or business. I had a room with a king bed and a twin bed. I needed to switch between the two all night as the king bed was hard as a rock and the twin mattress was soft but I am tall enough that my feet stuck out of the twin bed.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Rebecca M
We appreciate the opportunity to be of service to you during your visit to Puyallup and regret that we were not able to fully meet your expectations. While our rooms are not stocked with irons or hair dryers we do have them available via the front desk which is staffed 24-7, in addition to many other items.

We strive very hard to maintain our facilities and offer rooms that are of quality and cleanliness that our customers expect. We also listen to our customer when they provide important feedback (the good and the not so good) and appreciate you letting us know of your experience.

These are not the type of standards that we have built our business on and ask that you will provide us the opportunity to serve you again on a future visit to Puyallup.
mission, bc
Reviewed 22 October 2012

As far as motels go, this one was fine. Nothing fancy just a straight up motel; clean room, in room control for heat, hot water with good pressure, free parking, in suite fridge and microwave, tv with working remote and lots of channels, friendly/helpful staff. Tow smallish pillows are standard but we asked for two more and they obliged wiht no issue. Motel is 2 minutes from fairgrounds if you are in town for a trade show. It is just off of the highway and I thought the noise would be a factor but not an issue at all. That being said, we faced away from the highway so it could be a factor dependant on your room location. This is not a romatic weekend away location but perfect for when you need a place to lay your head at an affordable price.

Room Tip: ask for one facing away from the highway
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank BradysMomMission_Bc
joocjs, General Manager at Motel Puyallup, responded to this review, 23 October 2012
Thanks very much for writing such a great review! It was quite informative and I especially like how you covered so many aspects of staying at Motel Puyallup that people would be interested in knowing!!
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us, we appreciate it!
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Everyone there is so awesome! Amanda put us in a room right above the lobby where we wouldn't have any neighbors so that was a major plus! Dehbi, the manager, printed us out directions to get around a highway closure, & to top it off they made sure our boarding passes were printed out for us 24-hours before we left! I went down to the lobby to see if they could print them out for us & it was already done! (I had given our info to a gal the night before & she left a note for the next gal that came in!) Clean, cheap, safe & the staff is VERY friendly! Will stay there over & over again! Highly recommend them!

Room Tip: If you don't want neighbors ask for Room 200!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Renee R
joocjs, General Manager at Motel Puyallup, responded to this review, 24 August 2012
Who wouldn't welcome a review like this one!!!? Thank you so much! We remember YOU as well and it was our pleasure to have you stay with us. If "guests" were reviewed too, you would have 5 stars! We hope to see you again in the future!
Tumwater, Washington
Reviewed 30 June 2012

When I first walked in, I was checked in by a very welcoming young girl. I believe her name was Jaki? If manager reads this, kudos to Jaki! She was very polite and made service easy and awesome. The front desk area was clean and well kept. I liked the cleanliness of the room and how it didn't feel like a raggedy motel. I liked the free wifi and theres good amenities there too. What I didn't like was that the TVs could have been updated. Linens and bed were very comfy!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room in the same building as the office, wifi will be faster!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jay C
Thank you for your review! Jaki IS one of our best employees, it is nice to see her getting the kudos she deserves! You can always expect nothing but great service from ALL of our employees, they are the backbone of our company and we appreciate them as well!

Your opinion matters to us a great deal, and with new owners on board as of January, I am happy to report a lot of upgrading- several rooms are sporting brand new a/c's , new carpet, and for you: New TV's!

Thank you for your business! We hope to see you again soon!
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 4 June 2012

The motel was perfectly located so I could walk to the fair grounds.The people at the desk were very pleasant and helpful. The motel is old but clean and well looked after.If you are looking for a five star hotel this isn't for you,but for us blue collar worker it's perfectly priced for what you're getting.Thank you I'll be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Sun-Rype
Thanks very much for taking the time to post a review of our property! We appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Puyallup
Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup
Hampton Inn & Suites Puyallup
Best Western Premier Plaza Hotel & Conference Center
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tacoma Puyallup
Sumner Motor Inn
Sumner Motor Inn
#2 of 2 in Sumner
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sumner

Been to Motel Puyallup? Share your experiences!