“Dump with a Capital "D"”
Review of Motel Puyallup

Motel Puyallup
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Puyallup
Reviewed 15 November 2009

Run down tired and dirty hotel, moldy smelling and depressing. They oddly feature Twinkies on their breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank kipukatrading

Reviewed 9 October 2009

I've stayed in Motel Puyallup many times over the years and have always been impressed by the friendly staff. The motel is walking distance to both the fairgrounds and Good Samaritan Hospital. (The hospital, however, is on a hill so it is a steep climb.) The rooms I stayed in always had microwave ovens and small refrigerators. Utensils and dishes are available upon request. The front desk is manned 24 hours a day. Beverages, fruit and muffins are offered in the morning! And free coffee is served all day!

Stayed: January 2007, travelled solo
2  Thank Motel-Leslie
Reviewed 11 June 2009

This motel maybe pet friendly but at $15 per night per dog it gets expensive fast. Our room was to have a King bed and Kitchenett. Well, the bed was a double and the kitchen was fine except there were no pans or utensils. The AC unit would not cool the room down at all. The carpets were dirty, stained and very burned from previous users. Although it was a smoking room it was pleasant to walk in and not have it stick like stale smoke. It was amazingly quiet except for the occasional freeway noise.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 October 2008

When I arrived the clerk was hostile once she saw a black woman standing in front of her. Changed my room to what I think must have been the worse room in the place. There were molded peanuts on the fame of the bed. The carpet was so filthy I would not take my shoes off. Just going to the bathroom made me itch and I ended up going to Everrette to a friend's home to shower since this place was so filthy. The room was dark and dank but I couldn't find other accomodations that were close by and I didn't know the area.

I was treated rudely the entire time I was there. I scheduled 3 days because I was attending the Fairgrounds for a craft convention. Before I could get out of bed the house cleaner demanded I get up to let her in. She didn't clean the room just inspected it to see if I had done any damage or maybe improve that room of horrors, for the peanuts were sitting there when I returned that night.

Then the morning of my last day the hotel clerk called at 8 a.m. and told me to get out of the room. It was clearly marked I didn't have to leave until 10 or 11 but I wanted to leave more than she wanted me to leave. I have never been treated so badly in all the travels that I've made before. I was alone and felt unsafe the entire time I was there and knew the hotel staff were hostile just because I wasn't white I guess. I didn't have anyone visit, I was quiet because I was alone but I was treated worse than dirt. The hole staff should be fired as far as I'm concern.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank JulieSpokaneWA
Reviewed 18 August 2008

Stay away from this hotel - it was a nightmare!!! I'm a travel agent and because we were coming to town for a Dog Show and it was on the list as a dog friendly hotel (10 dollar pet fee per night), I thought I would give it a try so I could possibly recommend it to my business travelers.

Oh - where to start! The staff were unfriendly and unhelpful when we were checking in, the room stunk of mold and the fruity air freshener they tried to cover it up with (there was one of those pop up raspberry air fresheners in the closet area), there was mold growing in the bathroom on the ceiling and the carpets were stained and horrible. The hotel is noisy because it's right on a freeway off ramp, there was no where to walk the dogs at all (no grass to be found with-in 2 blocks), and to top it all off - the air conditioner was broken! We spent a miserable night with a room that was 90 degrees all night and we had to spend the night with the window open because there was no one in the office past 11 pm despite their saying there is someone available all night (the office was locked and the light was off). When we complained the next morning - we were told we just had the settings wrong on the vent (we didn't - we had tried all the settings throughout the long, hot night) and taht we could have called to request a fan! They refused to credit us any money back and when we asked to have someone go check it out - they completely "freaked out" about the dog hair on the floor! We told them we were not staying any longer because of all the problems and that they were definitely NOT pet friendly (we pointed out that the dog had slept in a crate all night so the only hair on the floor was from us taking him in and out all night because it was so hot in the room - and the extra vacuuming is what you pay the pet fee for). The whole thing was one long nightmare!! Do your self a favor and stay way from this horrible hotel!!!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 23 May 2005

We were looking for accomodations close to downtown Puyallup and discovered the Motel Puyallup. It is just blocks from the Puyallup fair grounds. The room was large and included a microwave and refrigerator. Bathroom had a tub which is a must for me! Free local calls, free coffee in lobby 24/7, free continental breakfast, comfortable bed, very clean room. The phone had a data port and there was easy access to an electrical plug for my laptop. I didn't have to move furniture to find it! The only negative was the breakfast - it was a bit frugal. The price was right, too! Even with taxes, the price for two people in a room was under $70.

12  Thank SSMatriarch
Also consider these accommodations in or near Puyallup
Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup
Hampton Inn & Suites Puyallup
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tacoma Puyallup
Sumner Motor Inn
Sumner Motor Inn
#2 of 2 in Sumner
Best Western Premier Plaza Hotel & Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express Puyallup (Tacoma Area)

Been to Motel Puyallup? Share your experiences!