“Don't book online if there is any chance you need to cancel!!!”
Review of Motel Puyallup

Motel Puyallup
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Puyallup
portland or
“Don't book online if there is any chance you need to cancel!!!”
Reviewed 5 January 2011

Terrible policy--I have never heard of this--if it is an online booking, even if you cancel weeks before, you end up paying for one night. Just because you booked on line.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank pondj_11
joocjs, Manager at Motel Puyallup, responded to this review, 19 January 2011
The Motel Puyallup uses a third party system for online reservations and therefore a cancellation fee does apply. However, we do understand that this can "sting" quite a bit when it happens to you and we want to help! We encourage you to call the Manager and ask for assistance with this situation.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 25 June 2010

Basically run down a tad, but relatively clean. Very nice owner. Coffee, donuts, muffins for light breadfast each morning. Safe enough. Walking distance to hospital (was in Puyallup due to family member's critical illness and eventual death). Cozy, basic but good resturant just a walk through parking lot. Very good breakfast and daily specials and Drinks!

If you are wanting more than the very basics and anything more than an older motel, go elsewhere, otherwise, you really do get your money's worth.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank ThereOutofNeccesity
Spokane
Reviewed 12 March 2010

After a long day of looking at motorcycles/buying we decided to stay the night in puyallup verses driving back to Spokane, My wife and I decided to stay at an economy motel verses our standard of a middle of the road motel. The staff was friendly enough, we went directly out to dinner ( house of kee chines up on the hill 4.5 stars nummie friendly ) with out first going to our room. after dinner we came back down town and went into our room Oh my god. this hotel is good only for bad things ( drug users and cheap ladies of the night ) We did not even stay the night. We went back to the front desk and let them know that this hotel did not meet our standards and that we would be going elsewhere. The desk clerk politely reimbursed our money and off we went

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NoScreenNameForYou
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 15 November 2009

Run down tired and dirty hotel, moldy smelling and depressing. They oddly feature Twinkies on their breakfast buffet.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank kipukatrading
Port Orchard
Reviewed 9 October 2009

I've stayed in Motel Puyallup many times over the years and have always been impressed by the friendly staff. The motel is walking distance to both the fairgrounds and Good Samaritan Hospital. (The hospital, however, is on a hill so it is a steep climb.) The rooms I stayed in always had microwave ovens and small refrigerators. Utensils and dishes are available upon request. The front desk is manned 24 hours a day. Beverages, fruit and muffins are offered in the morning! And free coffee is served all day!

Stayed January 2007, travelled solo
2 Thank Motel-Leslie
Portland, Or
Reviewed 11 June 2009

This motel maybe pet friendly but at $15 per night per dog it gets expensive fast. Our room was to have a King bed and Kitchenett. Well, the bed was a double and the kitchen was fine except there were no pans or utensils. The AC unit would not cool the room down at all. The carpets were dirty, stained and very burned from previous users. Although it was a smoking room it was pleasant to walk in and not have it stick like stale smoke. It was amazingly quiet except for the occasional freeway noise.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
Spokane WA
Reviewed 7 October 2008

When I arrived the clerk was hostile once she saw a black woman standing in front of her. Changed my room to what I think must have been the worse room in the place. There were molded peanuts on the fame of the bed. The carpet was so filthy I would not take my shoes off. Just going to the bathroom made me itch and I ended up going to Everrette to a friend's home to shower since this place was so filthy. The room was dark and dank but I couldn't find other accomodations that were close by and I didn't know the area.

I was treated rudely the entire time I was there. I scheduled 3 days because I was attending the Fairgrounds for a craft convention. Before I could get out of bed the house cleaner demanded I get up to let her in. She didn't clean the room just inspected it to see if I had done any damage or maybe improve that room of horrors, for the peanuts were sitting there when I returned that night.

Then the morning of my last day the hotel clerk called at 8 a.m. and told me to get out of the room. It was clearly marked I didn't have to leave until 10 or 11 but I wanted to leave more than she wanted me to leave. I have never been treated so badly in all the travels that I've made before. I was alone and felt unsafe the entire time I was there and knew the hotel staff were hostile just because I wasn't white I guess. I didn't have anyone visit, I was quiet because I was alone but I was treated worse than dirt. The hole staff should be fired as far as I'm concern.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank JulieSpokaneWA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Puyallup
Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup
Hampton Inn & Suites Puyallup
Best Western Premier Plaza Hotel & Conference Center
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tacoma Puyallup
Sumner Motor Inn
Sumner Motor Inn
#2 of 2 in Sumner
Quality Inn & Suites

Been to Motel Puyallup? Share your experiences!