“Away on Business”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
“Away on Business”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

OMG This place is gorgeous! I stayed here with a co-worker for business over the weekend. We attended an event at the Washington State fairgrounds. The fairgrounds were only a few minutes away, we took different routes (which were all easy) to take in some of the gorgeous views the city had. What a treat it was to relax after working quite a few hours a day. The grounds are beautiful, we were minutes away from all kinds of food options. The breakfast in the morning was excellent to start our days!
The only time I had concern was finding out my room was over the convention center where an engagement party took place. We were located on the bottom floor on the east side and the banquet room was right below. The music could be heard very clearly. I figured they paid for a party room so I was hoping the music wouldn't carry on all night. The party ended about 11pm, so I was able to get some sleep my second night there. I was happy there were no other events scheduled over the weekend. Other than this, the room was awesome, the place was convenient and the staff amazing. I want to give a shout out to Bob for giving me some history about the hotel and making sure my stay was going well. He was very friendly to talk too.
I would never be able to afford this hotel myself, but was very happy my work was able to give us a wonderful place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from the lower floor east side. The banquet room is underneath these rooms. If...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Joshua G, General Manager at Best Western Premier Plaza Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear RZMoose,

Wow thank you for the high words of praise. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again on your future business trips to the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
North America
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This hotel was super and the service was top notch. Our room was well appointed with all the conveniences you hope to get and more. Loved the big "great room" -very comfortable with the bar dining tables, both small and large to accommodate any number of guests. Breakfast was very good with lots of choices and varied each morning. I appreciated all the beverages and fruit available 24/7, and the wonderful cookies. The outdoor covered lounge area was great for our group to meet with our wine for an informal farewell.
What a really want to emphasize is the wonderful service we received from all the staff especially at the reception counter. They were all very friendly, never seemed rushed, and most helpful.
Traniqua was most kind and went out of her way to assist us on several occasions during our stay.
Our North American Model A meet at the Puyallup Fair Grounds was the reason for our stay at the hotel but I will plan for a stay at this hotel the next time we are travelling through.

Room Tip: I liked the main floor near the reception area but probably all are good
Green Features: All staff are very friendly and will see to any service you require anytime
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Marilynn K,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us! I am pleased that we were able to treat you with the level of service that we strive for with every guest. We hope to see you again! Thank you again for your business.
Southern Outerbanks of NC
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Best Western Plus & Premier Hotels are never our destination, but when 1 night has to be spent on the road or at an airport, we now look specifically for them. I have reviewed several of them. Be it a Plus or Premier, they are always excellent in every aspect for the rate that is charged. The Puyallup, WA Premier was no exception. Quality facility and top tier service. Keep up the good performance BW!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Echobird,

Thank you for such a complimentary review. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again in the future! Come see us again soon.
Ceres, California
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Attended a convention last week in this wonderful city. Since I registered late, the headquarter motel was full, so I found this place on the local list of motels. After reading the reviews, I was able to secure their last room. It was a handicap room and I must say I was very impressed. I usually don't stay on the ground floor, but I had no choice. I was worried that it was next to an outside door and the laundry. The room was very nice and the outside noise from the parking lot was the only problem.
The staff was very accommodating and the property is very well maintained. It is easy access to the highway and centrally located to shops and restaurants nearby.
The price was in line for the quality of the property.

Room Tip: second and third floor rooms were quieter
Green Features: Every room had a "recycle" can along with standard waste baskets.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Walter N
Joshua G, General Manager at Best Western Premier Plaza Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear Walter N,

I hope that we have earned your loyalty as a future customer! I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your business. Thank you.
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Check-in at the front desk was terrible. Chris appeared upset that I wanted to check in for the weekend with a reservation. Breakfast was not ready at the appropriate time on Saturday. A friend fell on the wet floor and was told "you're the second person today".

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank sondrad633
Dear sondrad633,

I am sorry that you felt we were not friendly or helpful to you during your stay. It is our goal to make every guest experience a superior one. We failed this time. Please accept my sincerest apologies. I realize we already comped one of your room nights, but if there is anything else I can do for you please don't hesitate to contact me. gm@bwpremierplaza.com

We hope that you will give us another chance to get it right in the future. Thank you for your business.
Ewa Beach, Hawaii
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed for 4 nights. I usually stay at Hyatt's Hotel. I have to say this hotel will be my new hotel. This place is very clean and has very friendly staff. Everyone was so helpful and made my stay that much more enjoyable. Thanks Bob!

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear Lisa W,

Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This is way over due, and sorry it took me so long to get this posted. My husband and I flew in from Alaska for my mothers funeral. It was a very emotional and hard time for me. The staff was very kind, helpful, and went overboard to help me; lending me tape to put together a memorial board to giving me emotional support. One staff member knew I loved the chocolate coconut cookies and made sure I had some waiting in my room upon returning from the funeral. Thank you so much for being so very kind during this devastating time in my life. You all will never know how much the people at the from desk, the people attending to the snacks and breakfast area has touched my heart. We are returning to stay with you again in July on a pleasure trip. I sure hope you have some yummy coconut cookies ready. :) Thank you again and hugs to you all. The manager should be very proud of his/her staff and feel very fortunate to know he/she has a wonderful staff representing this establishment.

Room Tip: Stayed in a suite with a huge, huge bathtub! Best bathroom ever!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Jeikenbary,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Our hearts and prayers go out to you and your family. I am pleased that we could provide you with a worry free stay during this hard time. We look forward to seeing you again this month for a stay that will hopefully be about having fun.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Puyallup
Hampton Inn & Suites Puyallup
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tacoma Puyallup
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sumner
Hotel Murano
Hotel Murano
#3 of 28 in Tacoma
Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup
Best Western Plus Tacoma Dome Hotel

Been to Best Western Premier Plaza Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!