“I would treat myself to this again.”

Lake Quinault Lodge
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Quinault
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 8 October 2010

I loved the location. The lobby of the main lodge is amazing! Roaring fireplace, huge leather couch and numerous leather comfy chairs. I stayed in the fireplace rooms (the most expensive), but it was so nice. I stayed on the second floor as the view is less obstructed. I took the tour around the lake, then went back to most places the next couple of days to do a lot of photography. I met some very nice tourists while there. I tend to travel late Sept, early Oct to avoid the crowds. First time in the Olympic Peninsula and happy with my choice. Food was also great in the restaurant.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo

Reviewed 1 October 2010

Great location. Good food. Great view. Really nice to sit around huge fireplace and have a cocktail before dinner or read a book. Really enjoyed. Be sure to take the guided tour of the rain forest by one of their guides. Really worth the $25.

Reviewed 30 September 2010

Having enjoyed a romantic anniversary at the Lodge years ago, we returned to an even better stay in one of their Fireplace rooms. They are much larger with a vaulted ceiling and sliding door view of the lake. Easy hikes into the rainforest start right across the street, the lawn stretches right to the lake where you can take another stroll. We love the lobby where many lounge on the overstuffed leather sofas and chairs to read or enjoy a drink and watch the huge fire that burns in the fireplace all day. We would love to go back again.

Reviewed 30 September 2010

We stayed at Lake Quinault because we wanted to see the Rainforest. The Lakeside room was lovely, clean, comfortable and great view. The food in the dining room was delicious. There were plenty of activities offered to see the Rainforest. We took the van tour in the morning and the walking tour right after that. I cannot say which we enjoyed more. They were both great and affordable. The Rainforest was awesome and everything I expected. Wish I had more time to spend there. Wi-fi is only available in the main living room area, but there is plenty of room there to sit and relax at the fireplace.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 September 2010

Ambience was perfect, service was excellent, and overall experience was memorable...We love the Lake Quinault Lodge.

Only negative was that slooooow wifi internet service was only available in the main reception area where most guests like to sit on big comfortable sofas and chairs, and talk quietly, or just read a good book in front of a beautiful, large fireplace. WiFi not available in rooms.

Having internet access enables information gathering and trip planning that is important to many vacationers and being able to access the internet will not disturb other guests when it is available in the guest rooms. Time for this wonderful lodge to fix this glaring omission.

1  Thank 4EverOnTheGo5Star
Reviewed 28 September 2010

We stayed in the Lodge itself. It was Rustic and charming. Our room was updated while retaining the charm of the years gone by. Staff was wonderful and helpful. Meals were expensive but very good and fresh.

Reviewed 27 September 2010

This is a great location and a beautiful property. Scenic hikes and waterfalls are just a short hike away. I had a couple of odd encounters with the staff. Although a flyer was underneath the glass on one of the tables in the lounge area saying that the bar was open from 7 something to 9 something, this was not the case. It seemed closed almost the whole time. Imagine our disappointment when we came out of our room to start enjoying our time in the bar at 8:30 pm on a FRIDAY NIGHT only to be told it was closed. The next day I went to get tea at 1pm from the hostess at the restaurant and I pleaded "Since the bar is not open, is it possible to get some tea here? I was told firmly, "We do not have a bar." Gee. That's interesting. There is a bar. It is just closed. You even have signs for it on the table. I did not say this, though. I simply thanked her for helping me with my tea and left. Later that evening, the bar did open. My husband went to get a drink and the bartender accused him of opening her shutters (they are closed when they are closed). He had just walked up for a drink. The shutters were open. I think some of the staff is losing their minds. These were just two people. The rest of the staff was quite friendly but overwhelmed and disorganized. A lunch event outside that was supposed to occur at 1 was a fiasco. Lunch was about an hour late and they lost most of their hungry diners. They were cooking salmon by an open fire and I wonder if they did a dry run first. Salmon was falling into the fire. Staff was asking where other staff was.
My husband and I only get one vacation a year. This was it. And it was only 3 nights. I am a receptionist and my husband repairs printers. We are not rich and we traveled very far by plane to come here. I would have liked to have been treated with a bit more kindness. "Oh. I am sorry the bar is closed. I can get you some tea." or to my husband "So sorry, sir, the bar is closed." If they had simply said these words, they would have had happy customers.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quinault
Hi-Tide Ocean Beach Resort
Rain Forest Resort Village
Ocean Crest Resort
Ocean Crest Resort
#1 of 3 in Moclips

Been to Lake Quinault Lodge? Share your experiences!